It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Conspiracy: What If The Voices Are Lying To Us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There seems to be a body of information that people into esoteric philosophy & magic agree on. These ideas are things that are shared more or less by the many & varied mystical authors:
1) There is a Higher Self that speaks to us, sometimes audibly. This is the source of Truth.
2) There is no Good or Evil, only shades of gray, and we need the bad as much as the good. There are no moral absolutes: do what thou wilt.
3) There is a body of Enlightened Ones who hold the secrets of the Universe. Some call them angels, some call them gods, some call them the Ascended Masters of the Mountains, some call them aliens.
4) These Enlightened Ones are trying to contact us to prepare us for the Coming Changes.
5) We can do anything if only believed in it hard enough. Power is in the mind to solve all. We determine our place in life by our thoughts.
6) "Go towards the white light"
...and many more. These are ideas that can be found in channeled works like the Seth & Michael books, they can be found in Theosophy, they can be found by people reporting what they were told while they were being abducted by aliens, they can be found by people hearing a "Higher Self" or "Spirit Guide" voice in their heads.

And for a long time, I unquestioningly believed in all this stuff, too.

But what if these "voices" and channeled information are lies? What if these "Ascended Masters" have their own ulterior motives?

I do believe people are in contact with "something," I don't believe they are making this stuff up--but just because you are told something by a discarnate entity doesn't make what it says correct.

What if the 2012 lore & theories & cults are the real conspiracy? What if sometimes those voices some people hear in their heads are liars? What if Seth and these other channeled entities are something more sinister?

I certainly don't have the answers. And I know unexplained phenomena does happen. But I don't think we are questioning enough about these New-Age gurus & the voices they "hear" or channel. We don't have to be like the Amazing Randi, but we also don't have to immediately swallow what Seth or Crowley or Helena Blavatsky or Slyvia Browne or the latest 2012 guru says, either.

The scariest dream I ever had occured one month before 911. I met up with these entities called The Enlightened Ones. They weren't actually called that, but I knew intuitively who they were. They led me to a banquet ball where all their followers were in attendance. I immediately connected the banquet attendees with the devoted followers of different New Age & mystical groups. The head of the Enlightened Ones made a toast, thanked their Believers for attending the ceremony, and then made a sign. All the Believers then started to get violently ill. Their skin burned & fell off their bodies in sheets. They were literally throwing up their insides. They tried to escape but all the doors were locked. The Enlightened Ones merely looked on; it was all part of their plan. They were glad to rid the Earth of them. The impression I got from them was that the Earth was such a prettier place without the humans on it.

Personally, I am disillusioned & disgusted with large parts of the New Age/Occult movement. There is not enough critical thinking or questioning of sources going on. Someone will channel something & others will take the material as "true" when it could just have been some sort of malevolent entity joking with or manipulating the person for some darker purpose. I have a big problem with New Age gurus who say that our minds create the universe & if we have a problem or a bad life or tragedy, it could have been avoided with "positive thinking." I have a problem with fearmongers & "prophets" & TV psychics & junior cult leaders. I have a problem with moral relativism and "Do What Thou Wilt" philosophy - I think it can lead to a lot of human misery. I'm certainly not a saint & I have studied & practiced a whole lot of magic in my time, & I've seen the effects. I just think there's something Out There that is really Wrong, really Manipulative, really Dangerous. And that we who are spiritually sensitive & open might be It's biggest targets.

Be really really careful as to what you believe. Question things. Avoid gurus. And whatever you do: don't go towards the white light! (or at least, give it a little bit of thought before you just traipse over there & get absorbed. ask yourself: what exactly is absorbing me? God? or....)

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Cassie Clay I think you are right to question the validity of allot of the new age guru's like John Edwards< Fake, Seth

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
GradyPhilpott,

It is this a new type of religion? The readings are kind of confusing it seems like a new different race of beings and their laws.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
GradyPhilpott,

It is this a new type of religion? The readings are kind of confusing it seems like a new different race of beings and their laws.

I am reluctant to speak for the Urantia Book. It is not a religion. The Foundation's only purposes are to protect and disseminate the text. Slow growth has been the MO until recently when it was put on-line.

It is a daunting read and in fact you could spend a lifetime studying it. But, its message is simple. I have suggested elsewhere that those who are curious should start with Paper 100 and pay special attention to the section: "The Acme of Religious Experience." If this piques your interest, you can continue your study. If it does not resonate, then you have lost little.

It has had a profound effect on my life and only the I Ching and the Bible have come close. Actually, I consider these three to be of equal importance in my life. I would suggest that you do a Google search and read the pros and cons and get a little background. Just reserve your judgement for the book itself and not the judgements of others.

If you do decide to explore the UB, please share your impressions with me. I have a thread in Religious Conspiracies.

Happy reading.

[edit on 04/8/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Try this.

Thanks for the link...

I mean no offense to you, but this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm trying to keep out of my life at this time. But if it works for you, that's great.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's your decision and I respect that, but I made the suggestion because the UB teaches against the beliefs that are often associated with New Age which you have found disagreeable.

Clearly, we all must be ready to receive the things that come our way and the UB will be there when and if you're ready. It was roughly 15 years between my introduction to the UB and the time I began my studies.

[edit on 04/8/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Cassie,

Over 75% of the world's population claim to be part of religions that have one thing in common-- "something good" comes through humility. Whether this "something good" is salvation, enlightenment, or whatever, is not as important as this commonality.

I cannot deny these entities exist. The advice I give, is that they all lie. While they may tell you things which are true, the things of any importance are all twisted by pride.

If you seek understanding of the truth, first seek to understand the natures of humility and pride.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
If you seek understanding of the truth, first seek to understand the natures of humility and pride.

I think that's good advice.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
I do believe people are in contact with "something," I don't believe they are making this stuff up--but just because you are told something by a discarnate entity doesn't make what it says correct.

What if sometimes those voices some people hear in their heads are liars? What if Seth and these other channeled entities are something more sinister?

I certainly don't have the answers.
Someone will channel something & others will take the material as "true" when it could just have been some sort of malevolent entity joking with or manipulating the person for some darker purpose. I just think there's something Out There that is really Wrong, really Manipulative, really Dangerous. And that we who are spiritually sensitive & open might be It's biggest targets.

Be really really careful as to what you believe. or....)

You are right on target, just put the name with them. They are fallen angels posing as friend or foe. Their goal is destruction of people.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Cassie

The UB offers this advice to those who would discern right from wrong and good from evil with respect to itself. I think that it is good advice in any situation.

We are fully cognizant of the difficulties of our assignment; we recognize the impossibility of fully translating the language of the concepts of divinity and eternity into the symbols of the language of the finite concepts of the mortal mind. But we know that there dwells within the human mind a fragment of God, and that there sojourns with the human soul the Spirit of Truth; and we further know that these spirit forces conspire to enable material man to grasp the reality of spiritual values and to comprehend the philosophy of universe meanings. But even more certainly we know that these spirits of the Divine Presence are able to assist man in the spiritual appropriation of all truth contributory to the enhancement of the ever-progressing reality of personal religious experience--God-consciousness.
� 1955 Urantia Foundation. All rights reserved.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I feel its a bit of both. Many lie some are truthful. Its your own fault for opening the doors. You have no control over what comes through after you start experimenting.

Personally I can tell which not to listen to. If it sounds too demon like (harmful, ill willed etc...) than it is. At this time I dont listen to any since they play on mental power and ability. You are like an antenna if you are gifted and they are leeches.

Evil/Demons cannot show you the future only the past so trust in things moving forward in time not what causes you to dwell, ponder, and make decisions based on what happened before

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I am a life long, familial Wiccan and I DO NOT get into to all this channeling, automatic writing, I would NEVER use a Ouija board, or spirits talking to me....it's a bunch of dangerous drivel! Negative energies are very sly and will mis enough truth in with their negativities to make one believe....there are protections to use to prevent these negative energies from doing harm to yourself, but yo9u have to really know what your doing. For one, I feel no need what-so-ever, to talk to spirits...or channel anything, you won't know weather it's the truth or not, what's the point? It's just not something to play with and I don't. many that do find theri lives falling apart in small ways, and negative things begin, slowly at first, to happen....I concentrate on blessings and works that center around bettering myself, and others, healings and such

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I once used a Oueja Board

Nothing happened tho

Probly because i believe in "god" or so as in try direct anything to the "First" or "Original Creator" (I dont hear these "voices" or get any help that would "prove" that god exists and theirfor not tamper with my free will or interact on any "proof" level with me)

The Belief, NOT the physical stuff like going to church and not "proving" or making an "Example" or so to show others that i belong to a group

What i mean is i dont do stuff like that (I dont express or go to church and infulence people with my beliefs) to show others (carnt really explane it)

Or just with the Oueja nothing was there/dosnt work/not intrested

I call myself a "Freelance" "Christian" the Christian part due to i believe in Jesus (also i try not to follow religions blindly as i believe certain parts of the bible are edited or wrong)

I believe that Paul wasnt actualy alive in Jesus time line (evidence to prove this i think) and he set up a bible/edited it when everyone believed they were serious "sinners" all the time

This is one of the reasons i believe that the bible contridicts itself a lot

Jesus teaching on sex before marrage and Pauls are compleatly different (Pauls = No, Jesus states a possible yes)

One of many contridictions

I think it would be best if you are serious at belief to search it out and try not to follow like sheep as the easiest way of someone/thing to gain access and trust is through "love" "goodness" "Trust"and "Peace" (Just like Truth they are the easiest things to manipulate or use for own purposes imo)

You wouldnt let a person into your home if they were hostile, a theif and manipulative towards you, but if that person seemed friendly, trustworthy and honest you would most likley do so

[edit on 15-8-2004 by Crash]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
You've made a wise choice Cassie, in that you've made a choice to question & examine what others are telling you to be 'The Truth'. Whether the advice is coming from a person, a group of people or a book, it is you who makes the final decision in how it will effect your life. So you can see the importance in choosing carefully!!

This goes both ways though remember. What I mean to say is that while there is certainly no shortage of 'bunk material', 'bad advice' & 'guru con-men' out there waiting to take you for a ride. Don't let that turn you into a closed minded critic to the possibilities or peculiarities in life that may cross your path. Not that it would happen, but it could and often times does, ya know.

A good example is that many of these 'sources' have a habit of 'jockeying for position' by discrediting and misrepresenting their opponents. Right away this should be 'red flag' and a good reason to question everything they say or just simply to dismiss their advice, be it written or spoken. I've lost count of how many times, while reading or listening to the so called 'enlightening words' of one source or another, that they then decide to go on and on about another 'source' and how deceptive, evil, etc. they are. Many times, totally misrepresenting and misinterpreting what their 'opposing sources' have to say.

Put more simply. Don't ask a carpenter about automotive mechanics, Don't ask a mathematician how to treat a snake bite and don't ask Baptist Minister about Buddhist philosophy. Now, there are the occasional exceptions to this rule of course. But in general, following this method will at least keep you in the 'better safe than sorry' category.

Similar to your example above, when you say 'Do what thou wilt.' While that alone may in fact be the motto of some, I do believe the original and full wording is, 'An it harm none, Do what thou wilt.' which has a much different meaning as you can see. In a similar way, there are many groups who label some Eastern Philosophical ideas that deal with the balance of good/evil as being just an excuse to act in immorally.

The point I'm getting at is that almost nobody of one 'clique' actually takes the time to study or understand what anyone else is saying and so they just assume what they want or make something up to discredit their opposition while making themselves look like the wise Saviour of mankind. What is most disturbing about this, IMO, is that in reality and upon studying them without bias, you can see what they have missed. What they've missed is how extremely similar all their 'words of wisdom' really are and how their messages are all the same. Yet because of their egotistical fighting and so on, they all just stay blind to the 'truth' which they all claim to know and understand. Ironic isn't it?!?!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd urge people to look up such books as Daimonic Reality by Patric Harpur. and The Trickster and the Paranormal by Alan Hansen. They have an interesteing take on these types of paranormal/occult practices that could very well extend into UFOlogy too. As Lady V pointed out there are a lot of negative energies floating around out there, desperate to latch onto someone and capable of making up anything to hook their victim. Both the above authors point out the age old phenomona of the 'trickster' within folklore, a character who comes along to distort and confuse humanity by any means possible and they have drawn parrellels with modern new age practices and UFO's. If there is anything to the paranormal I believe that this is one thing that isn't taken into account enough. I don't say that all experiences are bad or due to negative spirits etc but care should be taken.

top topics

join