It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really a joke or a dry run?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Is this latest development on ATS really a joke?

It does sort of smell like one (sort of reminds me of a port-a-can that hasnt been emptied in 3 weeks on an August afternoon in Juarez after a fajita festival). And the timing is rather suspicious. And if successful, it would be a rather grand joke on all involved.

However, even if it is a joke, it is a sick one. It obviously is sowing dessention among the ranks of ATS.

But more importantly, even if it is a joke, this is a development likely to be TRULY followed with great interest by DHS. It has always been the intelligence communities wet dream to overtly shove a microphone up every persons a$$, stick a number of cameras in every persons private residence, and record every second of every persons private life. In some countries this has already come to pass. In such cases, even if someone develops balls large enough to stand up and oppose such actions, the response is usually "So just what are you gonna do about it? Say another word and end up in a work detail in a federal prison."

There is a chance that this is a joke. There is also a chance that this may be a pilot program by DHS set to guage public response to overt government intrusion into private lives.

Even if it is a joke, it is a bad one, and needs to be terminated immediately, as you are giving DHS ideas (and likely a sizeable erection).

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
LoL Did anyone see Southpark the other night???

Episode 702 Title: Krazy Kripples
Jimmy is offended when a recently disabled celebrity sweeps through town and steals his limelight. He and Timmy pull together a group of people like themselves who were handicapped from birth. They call their new club the "Crips".

www.southparkstudios.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
And this has what to do with the topic?

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
LoL Im just tryin to lighten you up a lil is all.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Like I said in an earlier post... I am to the point now, that I don't care if it is a joke. I am going back to normal... Oh yeah I told ya a lot about me except my email... it is [email protected]
P.S. This is better than most stories I wrote while being an investigative reporter... I would love to go back to college and write a psyche thesis on the paranioa of the human mind... Too bad I was an art major, maybe I should have stuck to pre-med as I started out.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well call me paranoid, but it was no surprise. I think it's real. I'm being good REALLY!!

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have seen several people post that this is a joke. Maybe. I have also seen people post that you dont have anything to worry about if you dont have anything to hide.

I dont have anything to hide. But I have the right to speak my mind about what I want, how I want, when I want. And I have the right to do so without worrying that if I speak my mind, I will have a search warrant served on me, or be assigned a "threat rating" by some jerk getting paid minimum wage.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
TO: Unsuspecting ATS Member (or even less suspecting Civilian)

From: Agent Hardass, DHS, Personal Monitoring Division (backed up by 5 DHS stormtroopers)

Hello, I am here to install your new congressionally mandated personal monitoring device. This device will monitor all activity you undertake for the rest of your life, it will record and transmit every word you hear or speak, and will also indicate whether you exhibit any signs of engaging in terroristic activities, as well as any signs of sexual excitement, at which time we may elect to arrest you or simply video tape the activities for later use.

This device is designed to be anally inserted and will remain in your body for the rest of your life. It has in no way been investigated or experimented by any medical organization, however, because it is mandated by congress, it wont hurt you.

We seem to be temporarily out of KY, but I will attempt to minimize your pain by making it a very fast insertion.

If you oppose this insertion, you will be deemed a HIGH THREAT RISK, and will be transported to a holding facility for HIGH THREAT RISKS at Guantanamo Bay Cuba.

Any questions? Then simply bend over....

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by dragonrider]

top topics

join