It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An personal story about paranormal intervention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I want to share this story about paranormal intervention, not as an attempt to "prove" anything or even necessarily to assert a theory about what it could have been. But, as someone who struggles with skepticism and belief, it is stories like this that always seem to indicate, to me at least, that maybe there is something more. And so I wanted to share it with you...

I have a late-twenties friend who used to work for the same company that I work for now. He was fired in December from his branch in Nashville, and found that things "out there" weren't what he thought they would be. The business professional job market was not very kind to him, and he struggled to find employment. He even considered moving back in with his parents, but I suppose couldn't find the nerve. At the same time, his relationship with his girlfriend fell apart and he discovered that she had been unfaithful all along and needless to say - his world literally fell apart.

He fell into a very bad depression that he didn't tell anybody about, and would go for days without sleeping or leaving his apartment. In fact, he was in such bad shape his chest hair started falling out in handfuls. Over the last 7 months we had talked *some* about this, but he NEVER indicated that he was suicidal.

A few weeks ago, we reconnected as I was in Nashville on business and - let me first say this - he is not the kind of guy who is "fringe". He is a very straightforward dude, and I have never heard him talk about anything not mainstream.

Anyways, he admitted to me that in the middle of this depression about a month ago, he was laying in the bathtub in sleeplessness at 4am, distraught and contemplating suicide. He finally decided that he would take an overdose of sleeping pills and pain medication as that would be the least painful. As he gathered the pills, his phone rings - at 4:11 am.

The number is calling from his hometown. Its his old high school sweetheart, who he was engaged to for years and is still great friends with. He answers the phone, and all he hears is her crying and saying "Don't do it..... Don't do it."

And then the phone disconnects.

He tried to call it back multiple times and she never answered. The next morning she called him to ask what was wrong, and why he had called so early. She had no recollection of the call at all and there was no outgoing call on her phone.

He actually showed me the call from her on his phone, though, and it most definitely was not a hallucination. In fact, she thought he was messing with her until he showed her the call as well.

He told me that knowing there is something out there that can cause this to happen, is enough for him to want to be alive, and now he is going back to school to be a physician's assistant.

I have no reason to doubt the guy, and I swear to all of you that this story is true (as it was told me anyways). Doesn't mean it was definitively "God" or such, but it is most certainly "para-normal" by definition.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thats a pretty interesting read right there. I cant say I believe it, but interesting anyways

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cocopuff
Thats a pretty interesting read right there. I cant say I believe it, but interesting anyways

Its funny to be on *this* side of skepticism for once. When you aren't sure that you believe it, what exactly do you mean? What I can tell you is that it is "true" in the sense that subjectively this really happened. What is in question is how you explain it.

People like Dean Radin have already demonstrated scientifically that things like telepathy and premonitions, at least on a small scale at this point, are real.

Assuming that the chain of events really happened the way they are presented, do you have thoughts on the issue?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If it makes feel any better I believe your story. In my opinion that was the work of an angel or guardian or watcher whatever you wish to call the entity. I am glad your friend decided to stick around and he has some strong angels with him. Just a thought you might want to reminde your friend of that every once in a while, people who contemplate suicide need constant reassurance and support. Let him know that at least now there is proof of good people and good spirits!! Have a great day!!

top topics

join