It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's good in life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IKTOMI

SILENCE!

Such a rare and valued commodity. It is so rare, that it makes my ears ring unbearably until I get used to it.

Silence is golden.

Nice addition!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Walking barefoot in the grass, listening to the rain, drinking an ice cold beer on a sweltering day,a good book, sharing some laughs with friends over dinner, knowing my hubby loves me...we might not have the newest car on the street, the best looking house or be able to afford to go to fancy restaurants but we've got something money can't buy......
yeah sappy I know..feel free to pull out a violin........

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Beat me too it,,,

www.youtube.com...

I guess the young forget and that age passed on,,
Conan
too awaited other Kingdoms too conquer,,
but that is another tale

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

What do you find good in life?

The warm feeling you get in your stomach after the right amount of alcohol hits it...

Joining ALCOR in an attempt to cheat death...

Going on vacation knowing you have a job when you get back...

Flaming trolls and the stars that come with it...

Signing into ATS and not seeing the words Banned or the crusty old guy that comes with it...

Or, in other words: The simple things in life...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The family and friends that are in it. I've been told I'm an extravert, so I get my energy from other people. And I definitely enjoy being around other people

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Amen brother!!!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Children are the good in life.

edit on 12-7-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Family and understanding how short life is and respecting it and turning that fear into a passion of love for your family.

Nothing on Earth will EVER be as important than that. Not even the most beautiful of sites within' our world or another can match the love for family IMO.

When my 9 year old nephew died, a peice of me died, before that, others that passed left a void.

When my parents die, especially my mom, I will DIE that day. Not literally, but within' my heart because my family is that close.

Don't ever forget that, cause when you look back on life you will see that family and love cannot be matched.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
What is good in life?

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

And you're from Canada, eh? Nah...you're a writer, aren't you? :~)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What's good in life? The special handful of people I can count on to be there when things are at their worst, and I'll be there for them, too.
That's priceless.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Amen brother!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Amen x 2

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Boobs!
Boobs are good...and so are dogs.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
www.positiveinspirationtoday.com...

This site shows simple how important and awesome we all are as individuals. Out of 400 million other little swimmers plus or minus we all came in first...that it a big something if you ask me my friend!

So looking at those odds there is a clear purpose we should all search out and embrace as something to be excited about each and every day we awaken.

edit on 14-7-2011 by CreateSun because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by CreateSun because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You know, when you think about it, there are literally so many good things that it would be a never-ending list. Especially when you consider that there are small good things, such as when your pet yawns and it's just so cute that you can't help but smile... and there are large good things, such as having a meaningful conversation with a friend that takes you to the next level of friendship - you know, friends for life.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

getting enlightened by things I read in the Bibles NT and gaining insight.
I always get a great feeling of wellbeing when that happens.

and living in my own world being able to do what my heart tells me to.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just sit on the ground and meditate, you'll find the good in life that you're searching for. Meditate until you reach enlightenment, that is the way.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Positivity is generally defined as good. I'll go with music ,entertainment and nourishment.

S+F ,because of the positive thinking induced by this thread

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ah yea, the good things in life... heres my list:

*Cricket noise*: chirp, chirp.

Oh wait, I think I heard something good in the news several years ago. Cant remember what it was but yep that was something good.

Every several years you get a good news story in the world that is actually GOOD and not BAD like usual every day events. When that happens once every several years, that is something good in life.

Thats the best it gets anymore. Livin' the American dream baby!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The love of family, acting insane with your friends, a gentle summer rain and its refreshing aftermath... So much is good in life; just search for it, its there!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The ability to reinvent your self after crushing financial, personal, emotional losses and come back with a more ambitious, excited, take no prisoners attitude and pull it off.

Real Friends!

The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well!
edit on 16-7-2011 by whaaa because: todays code is 9

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join