It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Hello to All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Greetings to all. I have a feeling I may have found a home that I will come back to time and time again. I am writing from the USA, and I have become so digusted with the media, that at times I find it hard to even read the "national media", which to me would better be called the "party line."At least here, I can get some new approaches to old subjects.

Being ex-military, with 17 years of military service before injuries took me out, I never have been able to look at the world like most "normal" people do. From the time I was still an 18 year-old, wet behind the ears kid, and stepped foot in Nam, I have realized that the media outlets back home haven't been telling the whole story, nor part of the story, in fact most of the time, none of the real story. Sometimes it isn't the fault of the media, because of what happens behind closed doors, sometimes it isn't in the best interest of the boys on the ground for the news to leak out, but many times its just plain and simple politics that keep the truth from coming out. In that case I feel that the media is absolutely wrong.

Over the coming weeks and months, I hope that I will be able to offer some insight and opinion that will both inform and entertain my fellow members.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. For lighter fare check out BTS. Later.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks intrepid I'll do that.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
all the mods n admins r pretty nice, have fun

(I would say any help just u2u me.. but I prob wont be much help)

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the fine words Qoelet. I may need some help down the line, but so far I'm getting on top of things pretty quick.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hello Renegade R,

Welcome to ats hope your havreing a good time on here
lots of things to read up on.

any questions send me a u2u
cya around se7en

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your stay here at the ATS!

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Due to poor health I have been unable to be on for a few days.

I would like to thank Se7en and Spitting Cobra for their kind words of welcome, and thanks to eveyone who has offered a hand up, I'm sure that there will be a time when I will need it.

Regards
Renegade

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
good evening *does in Alfred Hitchcock voice* lol

new topics

top topics

join