It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had a brain glitch? Well I did....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The glitch happened Sunday morning around 5:30 a.m. after my wife handed me the phone. It was my father and the only thing I remember him saying is that my mother had died. The next thing I remember is my phone ringing again around 9:00am and it was my father asking when I was gonna be over to his house because most of the family was already there. I shot out of bed, got dressed and hurried over to his house.

~a little background info~ (for the short version skip to the last line of this paragraph)
My mother was diagnosed with TTP about 4 years ago. It is a kidney disease. And she was in the hospital for about a month back then. Through the past couple years her health had been getting worse due to her refusing to go to the doctor(for check ups), not eating correctly (or not at all sometimes) and she was a heavy drinker and smoker.So to say the least she didnt care about her health.
So just 3 weeks ago we took her to the emergency room because she was claiming to be having a heart attack. It turns out her liver was twice the size it should be, due to not eating and just drinking water/vodka all day everyday. Over the past 3 weeks she steadly got worse until they had to put her on full life support. The decision was made after much deliberation with the doctors to remove the life support this past Friday evening. We knew Saturday evening would be her last night.
So her death wasnt like it was a BIG suprise.

Heres where the glitch comes in. My wife, father and I were talking last night about the whole ordeal, and at the moment we talking particuly about when we found out that morning. My wife said that when she handed me the phone I said" Hello?......... And then started speaking goballdy gook, followed by histyrical laughter. Then followed shortly by me falling back asleep/passing out.

Like I said all I remember is saying hello?, then hearing my father say what he said. Thats it! I would think I would remember speaking nonsence then loudly laughing hystaricly.

I was pretty freaked out when they told me what I did.

Im sure it was just some kind of nueological shock but none the less pretty scary when I found out what I did. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?
Thanks for reading: Mary was a beautiful mother, wife and friend. She will be missed.

I love you mom
edit on 12-7-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Neurological shock....happens alot. I'm sorry about the loss of your mother. All the best to you and yours

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

agree with previous poster,just shock,shutdown.simply the news knocked you cold.am sure your family and especially your mum would understand

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I'm so sorry for your loss... I can't imagine losing my mother... its too scary - I'll definitely crack up that day ♥

the brain is an amazing thing isn't it ♥

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Yeah, the weird thing is that we all knew it was gonna happen. I guess my brain said "nope, not gonna have any of that".
Definetly, the brain is an amazing conglomeration of atoms and molecules

new topics

top topics

join