It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Unfortunately, that verse has been brutally misapplied. That's a whole other topic, really...but it has. A much better verse in this instance would be what Christ told His apostles just before His ascension, in Acts 1:7 -- "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." Even this is out of context, but it provides a much more broad standard for defining what we are meant and not meant to know than does Matthew 24:36 (and its counterpart).

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
Nothing Doomsday-related will happen. Nothing at all.

No reason to cancel your party though.

Well I have some acreage, you can all come here for the party but bring your own and a tent or RV. If something odd happens we'll have a bunch of skilled survivalists I hope.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Unfortunately, that verse has been brutally misapplied. That's a whole other topic, really...but it has. A much better verse in this instance would be what Christ told His apostles just before His ascension, in Acts 1:7 -- "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." Even this is out of context, but it provides a much more broad standard for defining what we are meant and not meant to know than does Matthew 24:36 (and its counterpart).

I agree and have had a lot of theology classes in Religion. I'm Christian but for some reason I always fall back on the Jewish Calendar. It is more precise since we branched off of them. Do you know much about the sabbath day cycles and years, meaning 7. I only use that calendar to calculate some older dates usually, the same as the Old Testament actually. No matter how much we know it's impossible to get the exact date. I think it is written that way on purpose.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The Hebrew calendar would certainly be the tool for calculating older dates... especially dates relating to the Bible, for obvious reasons. I'm not sure I'm familiar with the Sabbath day cycles you're referring to, but I do know of systems involving 7-year cycles. Daniel's colloquial 70 Weeks is a prime (ha...prime) example of that, being a span of 70 7-year periods (I might add, with no gap anywhere in between).
That's about all I'd consider the Hebrew calendar for, though... its significance has long since passed.
edit on 13-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

And, by the way... you might not agree if you knew the extent of what I actually meant by that first post.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
critical mass, thinkers like us will become the majority and the world will bend to our will
second line

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

The Hebrew calendar would certainly be the tool for calculating older dates... especially dates relating to the Bible, for obvious reasons. I'm not sure I'm familiar with the Sabbath day cycles you're referring to, but I do know of systems involving 7-year cycles. Daniel's colloquial 70 Weeks is a prime (ha...prime) example of that, being a span of 70 7-year periods (I might add, with no gap anywhere in between).
That's about all I'd consider the Hebrew calendar for, though... its significance has long since passed.

And, by the way... you might not agree if you knew the extent of what I actually meant by that first post.

Yes, that is what I meant about the sabbath years but left out their Jubilee dates. I often wonder what significance there is but I do feel there is a conection somehow.

What do you mean I may not agree from your first post? Now I'm curious.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The "no man knows the day or the hour" verse is always used out of context because everything Jesus spoke of, and everything the Prophets before Him spoke of, has been fulfilled. Most people don't like to hear this, but, Biblically, it's true. In fact, that's probably why most people don't like to hear it. It's been my experience that the Biblical views people run from the fastest are the ones that are actually Biblical.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by someguy420
critical mass, thinkers like us will become the majority and the world will bend to our will
second line

That is what worries me. Kind of what like the Mod said about the possibility of people bringing on the chaos themselves maybe driven by fear alone. That would bend some will in the world. I'm still thinking I'm missing some critical info from true believers. There are some science issues that are expected I think and I dont think it's aliens but not sure yet.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Who knows, it's a case of wait and see, i ain't getting excited or worried over this, after all how many other doomsday predictions have failed? Also this year the supposed rapture date has been put on september 29th by Harold Camping Again...... That will surely fail as well LOL

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticDan
Who knows, it's a case of wait and see, i ain't getting excited or worried over this, after all how many other doomsday predictions have failed? Also this year the supposed rapture date has been put on september 29th by Harold Camping Again...... That will surely fail as well LOL

Yes I had the May 21st party thinking about all those people who had cashed in their life savings for the event. Not that is was funny but the idea of it was mind boggling. We cant take the money with us anyways.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yes I agree that people run fastest from Biblical points of views. They are also the most bashed, which is alarming at the large numbers of them out there. I call some atheist Christians, atheist Muslims, or simply atheists, yet most of them know at least "Mathew, Mark and Luke" It really makes me wonder what caused them to once believe then to fall and claim it all fiction.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
At least really rare Galactic Conjunction happens. There was a thread that it happens every year, that is not true. Every year Sun rises from middle of galactic center, but 21.12.2012 it appears that it touches Dark Rift. Then Sun is there for about 200 years, till Sun pass to other side. So there is 20 years long "darkness". This happens only every 26,000 years, so this is unique event. But there is nothing dramatic about it, we don't notice it, since dark rift doesn't have precise borders.

Here are some facts:
2012rising.com...

On 21.12.2012 I think there is great awakening, maybe aliens visit us or people realize that current monetary system doesn't work, maybe its the day when U.S Dollar collapses.

Another thing that could happen is massive CME from Sun, making worldwide blackout, Sun's activity is at max on spring of 2013.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

We all will get drunk and party thats whats gonna happen

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Star and flag for you... simply because the idea of throwing a party on any potential "day of doom" is one of the best ideas I've heard!

If it happens... it'll be the coolest party ever. If not, well, you'll just get a hangover!

As for my limited knowledge on the subject, I seriously doubt anything will happen. I believe life is a cycle, and this could simply be the end of one such cycle. If anything, it may just usher in a new age. Maybe aliens will land... maybe the one world government will be inaugurated...

That's the problem though.. all I've ever read on 2012 is just a bunch of "maybes". If there were any actual 'facts', as you're searching for, I'm sure they'd have been uncovered by now and posted everywhere.

So, I really don't think anyone knows for sure.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Chances are ATS will be very quiet apart from those of us that will spend the next two days cracking on the morons who have talked about December 21st for the last two years.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebel

That is what I'm looking for, a Galactic Conjunction. Thanks and I appreciate the 2012 link too. Off to check it out.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

I'm glad you like my party idea. The excitement building up to the event is a rush, then watching what happens to Countries hours before midnight here in the US is also a good indicator but the party must continue until the following day, just to be on the safe side.

People do think I'm odd stocking up for some catastrophe when I don’t live in any natural disaster areas, maybe a volcano or 2. They may eat their words one day. Ive seen what happened during Katrina and wont be waiting for FEMA. The idea is to be self sufficient.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the new agers aren't saying anything specific will hapen on 12-21-2012...all they talk about is "ascending to the next level" during the 2012-2013 time frame...no catastrophe...nothing earth-shattering...though there are a few researchers that say they have found some clues in the Mayan calendar that point to a good possibility of alien contact on Earth, on or near that date. the only thing i'll be looking forward to ascending from or to....is from the couch, to the fridge...in search of my next beer!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

In fact, I'm speaking of the most dangerous kind of all... Dispensationalist Christians. Even worse than Atheist Christians, the Dispensationalist will take God's prophetic Word and apply it in ways God never intended to arrive at completely ludicrous expectations of the future. These include the Tribulation, the Antichrist, and the Rapture, all of which are found nowhere in the Biblical context.

Also... I apologize if you happen to be a Dispensationalist, yourself, but it's been my experience that most only follow what they're taught by other fallible human beings (as I used to). Dispensationalists are often victims of indoctrination, which makes them less at fault. Dispensationalism itself, on the other hand, is a damaging, and ultimately extra-Biblical, doctrine.

As such, every End-Times prediction and every thread on the subject, proclaiming "the end is near, the Bible says so," is a thorn in the side of the Word of God.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

the literal answer to your question is nothing. sure, the core believers will latch onto an earthquake or tornado or political riot and claim the prophecy is true, but we all know we will have a good laugh at how anyobe really thought the world was going to end

and then the next doomsday date will be presented and the next count down will begin

so lets get ahead of the curve

what is the next doomsday date ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join