It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly

The date is obviously significant, not only to the mayans, but to many other "ancient" civilisations that predicted upheaval on this particular date.

This is the third time this question will have been asked just on this page (which, actually, ended up being on another page...but still) alone: what other ancient civilizations?

We all want to know.
edit on 13-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Here is an example of what we think we (scientific community) know may not be factual at all. And if you just read the beginning you will understand.

Intuitively, then, one would not anticipate that variations in the moon - or planets acting individually - would be capable of producing earthquakes in the Earth's crust. The rare alignment of moon, Jupiter, Saturn and the sun, expected in 2012, is perhaps another matter. Having said all that, however, it is known that the frequency of moonquakes (all M ˂ 2) increases during the perigee, at least in certain lunar regions.

The above quote is in regards to new ideas and out with the old. The old idea being plate tectonics and the relation between the Earth and other planets, even Planetary alignments.

We have speculated our own existence, the Earth's existence as well as the Universe. We still have no idea about our Core nor do we know for a fact about whether or not our Earth is expanding or not.

Over time most everything evolves just as we do and just as our ideas and theories do.

For one to say a Planetary alignment in 2012 will NOT cause anything out of the norm to happen....think again.

I for one think anything is possible.

Being aware of your surroundings and knowing this Universe is not defined completely without error is logical thinking imho.

Our Earth has and will always undergo changes......our entire System is this way. We are seeing major Earth changes....if you are not then I am nicely asking you to wake up to this fact. We are living in unsettling "times" and it is obvious not only to our Human race but the entire system.

To think the Mayans didn't know any more than we is and cannot be proven. They like the Hopi were intuitive and intelligent in their own right.

Me, personally I am on the fence in regards to what if anything will happen as we approach Dec. 2012. but will say I am not naive to think nothing can happen around this time.

I grew up thinking Pluto was a Planet. Accept change and move on is my attitude. Whether we like it or not our Planet is changing and so are we. We are connected in an energetic way to all things. This is my opinion based on my observation of the energy that abounds throughout our System.

I have not prepared myself for a major crisis because I regardless if it is then, today, tomorrow or 50 yrs from now I will die. This is inevitable. Whatever happens....I know if I am meant to stay alive, I will. So be it.

www.ncgt.org...
edit on 13-7-2011 by MamaJ because: to add link to papers....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If you think about it the world could end any day, so me being a christian knowing that no one knows the hour or time when the world will end will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Given that I always wait until the last minute, I can tell you what will happen.

I will be out buying Christmas presents. Lots and lots of Christmas presents. On Dec 22, I will wrap them.
Dec 23, heading back to the O'Bedlam homestead in north Georgia, Dec 24-27, eat too much, drink too much, younger kids will be wired and grumpy, the teenagers will be bored and take off to make fun of the area their Dads grew up in, the four surviving O'Bedlam brothers will do some cursory hunting more to get out of the house than anything else, Dec 28 - go home.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I'll feel fine. Except for the hangover.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

I'll be waking up, getting something to eat, probably go to work, come home, eat some more, have a drink, go to sleep.

If I don't work that day, I'll probably wake up, get some food, go hang out with friends or family, eat, drink, eat, sleep.

Oh was this about the end of the world? I'm pretty sure today's the end of the world for some species. Why must we believe everything revolves around us? Today, due to the destruction of rain forests, or the destruction of forests in general, a species might have been exterminated. It was their end of the world and guess what? Life here is still going on strong and did not pay attention once so ever. Life goes on after a species is gone. Sad but true. Once we're gone, do you really think dolphins, lions, tigers, wolves, bears, groundhogs, birds, snakes, frogs, grasshoppers, ants, termites, ticks, or fleas will notice or give a damn? Actually, some might when they notice no one is shooting at them for sport.
These life forms and many more will go on living on this beautiful and fragile planet and taking on any storm, any natural disaster, any comet strike, etc. They won't have to deal with the threat of nuclear warfare though or other bombs being dropped on them though, that's for sure.

I guess my point is...

The world is going to be here for a long long long time, but we as a species may be gone within a 100,000, or 10,000, or 100 years. No one on this planet knows for sure, I promise you that. No one here or beyond has any clue when our species will be extinct and if they tell you they do, they're liars and they're full of their own sh*t.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

The media likes to distort messages especially ones of doom and despair. But the real meaning to 2012 decemeber 21st is the beginning of a great and wonderful change.

It is the end of the world...as WE know it. But that can be applied to anti gay protestors the NYC legalization of gay marriage is the end of the world to the antigay protestor. The end of something you are aware of.

Funny to mention that is it also a estimate of the coming of our new species. Much like when Neanderthals replaced their ancestors, as homo sapiens replaced them. We will be replaced, it's evolution.

So it's a time to celebrate, why? Because this change is a good one, and Hollywood taking advantage of your fear will become ar too common. Do not fall to miserable and dismay.

Logic will guide us all, away from corrupt magical thinking.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Spiritual Awakening.
Extraterrestrials returning.
Earth changes due to the conscious of humanity.
Entering 5th density?
The era ends and a new era begins.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nothing really because Dec 21st 2012 is in hte past now and people have moved on and wisened up. They now realize there's a future and it's not the one they thought it was.
edit on 13-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i dont know nor do i care. if the world ends then i will be dead. if it doesn't then i will continue living in this #ty world. if it changes into a whole new world then i will be glad. no matter what happens, i am powerless to change anything. when an event of the magnitude you are expecting actually occurs preparation will give way to luck much more than you would like. therefore i do not worry about dec 21, 2012. additionally there is no way that any of us can reliably predict its outcome since there are too many perspectives out there. where one person seems right, there is fault discovered in their position ad infinitum. personally i think nothing will happen because anything we expect never happens. it is those things that we don't expect which take us by surprise. peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Nothing Doomsday-related will happen. Nothing at all.

No reason to cancel your party though.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I heard that the Maya say we will enter a 'dark rift' in our galaxy and their will be a transition period into a new era. A whole new wheel of time will begin, after we pass through the eh 'underworld'...
Then I'm guessing in the distant future the Earth itself will rise to a higher dimension, imo it will be the highest dimension..I think

eta: I personally believe 2012 is a more consciousness based event then physical.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Centurionx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I`ve never been a lucky man,

My mortgage will be paid off on the 30th of November next year, so you see something terrible is sure to happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the sun will rise and the sun will set, now when my prophecy comes true, you'll remember who wasn't talking jibbersh.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Now wait a rotten minute! (Sarah from Ed,Edd 'n' Eddy)

December 21st by what time zone? Because this is important, you know? At my place, 21st will come while at yours will be still 20th so what is that suppose to mean, that my time zone will face the End of the World before yours? That's not fair, dude... not fair at all, lemme tell ya this...

Seriously now... stick to your life bro. Life is good so just enjoy it!

edit on 13-7-2011 by shansen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Same thing we do every December 21st Pinky.

Try to take over the world!

/obscure

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Have you listened to their theme song lately? It's like a Lady Gaga song, when you think about it. I mean, really...gene splicing, dawning suns, twilight campaigns...it's creepy when you think about it. That is, when you think about it after being on ATS for a while.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
it's creepy when you think about it. That is, when you think about it after being on ATS for a while.

When you have been on ATS for awhile, everything seems creepy...conspiracy overload will make you fear a tin can of altoids and eye your pet hamster suspiciously...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrick2089
If you think about it the world could end any day, so me being a christian knowing that no one knows the hour or time when the world will end will just have to wait and see.

Yes I agree no man shall know the day or the hour but I also believe that in end times the answers are clearer to see.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138

The media likes to distort messages especially ones of doom and despair. But the real meaning to 2012 decemeber 21st is the beginning of a great and wonderful change.

It is the end of the world...as WE know it. But that can be applied to anti gay protestors the NYC legalization of gay marriage is the end of the world to the antigay protestor. The end of something you are aware of.

Funny to mention that is it also a estimate of the coming of our new species. Much like when Neanderthals replaced their ancestors, as homo sapiens replaced them. We will be replaced, it's evolution.

So it's a time to celebrate, why? Because this change is a good one, and Hollywood taking advantage of your fear will become ar too common. Do not fall to miserable and dismay.

Logic will guide us all, away from corrupt magical thinking.

O.K but what is this change and how does it occur? That is what I am trying to figure out. If it is also the beginning there must be some sort of end,, correct? What type of end and how does this occur? I'm interested in your opinion. It may help my insight on this theory a lot! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz
Spiritual Awakening.
Entering 5th density?

So you say it's Spiritual Awakening.
Entering 5th density?
Then this laughing head
so I take it you dont buy the idea? Huh? Eh?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join