It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'll be on a sleep deprived coffee high as usual; typing feverishly on the computer

When the walls start melting it's time to go to bed
edit on 12-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
uuuuum,,the lost mayan women come back and castrate all me then no more procreation...just hang out and wait..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's not so much what is going to happen on that specific day, but what is going to happen leading up to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Nothing special happens on that date.

It is not the end of the world.. the world will go on for a few billion years more until the Sun expands and swallows it whole. I do not think humans will be around anywhere near that long.

The little rock we call home goes through it's own natural cycles of what we could think of as unheavals. Normally we don't live long enough to see much of it.

I think 2012 or thereabouts is when the current phase of earth's snorting, shaking and adjusting itself reaches it's climax.. much like how the sun has it's more active or quieter phases.

If we add to this how stupidly we humans go about living on this rock and how we are currently approaching a precipice-like scenario for changes to be made before we create our own demise... then I think 2012 or thereabouts can also be when Humans end the way we have been living here.

So not the end of the World.. only the end of how we historically live in the World.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Dec 21st......everyone around the world parties it up.

Dec 22nd....as everyone lays in bed in a morning after stupor..... A 17 mile wide asteroid crashes into the earth.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Hangover eh? You'll be the first to die... Smile for accepting your fate!

edit on 7/13/11 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I have been watching this site for awhile now. It has alot of great news and interesting reads. But today I made an account to answer this question since everyone else seemed to just want to take the piss.... No offence, but the logo for the site says deny ignorance...

For one, A couple years ago I was consumed by this question. Leading me to find answers and to search and learn and research for months if not a whole year. Unable to find everything in one place, I created a website to hold all the information I had collected.

2012info.weebly.com

I have found a bit more information, but due to laziness and finally not being as crazy and obsessed about the subject any more, I have not updated it in awhile. Regardless, there is a lot of good information on my site and many videos, quotes, and facts... along with the conspiracy's. I tried my best on the site to not take a side and just write, giving as much information in one place as possible.

Please check the site out.

Main points are:

Mayan Calender, amongst other ancient calenders, point towards the end around the end of 2012. Some say it is the end of all things, some say it's the end of an age.

Looking for scientific facts? The suns biggest solar flare is projected to be around then and if it is big enough, will act as a giant EMP wave, taking out most electronics on the side the earth is facing at the time. This has happened before, but only knocking out a couple satellites and briefly cutting power to a couple small areas. The sun has big solar flares every 11 years.

Galactic alignment: The sun, earth, and the black hole in the center of our galaxy will be in alignment, possibility causing magnetic and gravitational effects on the earth. Also, recently, I believe someone on this site, found that there is a coincidence in earth quakes and planetary alignments and that in October there might be another one.

Then there is always 'Nibiru'. That rouge planet that supposedly swings through our galaxy every ?3600? years or so. Research point to many disasters coinciding with this 3600 year timing. Dinosaurs, ice age, so on.

God: Many things are said in the Bible. Part of it is that natural disasters will get the worse they have ever been near the end. And they have been getting PRETTY bad lately.

Prophets: Many Prophecies of things to come are starting to point towards soon.
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

Anyway. There are many things out there... MANY things that point to something happening next year. I do not claim to know what but I do believe something will happen. I know that these end of world things come up all the time. Like the resent May 1st. The only thing about that was one person. That's why I never gave it any thought. But through out the ages, 2012 has been a focal point, and it only takes a small bit a research to find out why.

Weather anything happens or not, It never hurts to be prepared.

I hope this helped.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
We all have been lied to by the demons

December 21st 2012 is not the end of the world folks. Its actually the coming of the Aladdin jinn with its angels in flying carpets. After their take over of the world completes, they will sell their carpets in ebay and upgrades themselves to the 5th dimension.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

all I did was google mayan elder take your pick there are a few all saying pretty much the same

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I’m actually feeling a bit odd asking this question, since I’ve been around for awhile. I don’t pretend to be naïve. What is really expected to occur? All I really know is bits and pieces. It’s the last day of the Mayan Calendar. I plan on having a big party this day, with all my survival friends, just as I’ve done on Y2K, the Daylight Savings Time bug, May 1st party, etc. Not to mock these days but to prepare and be together if something did happen. I could simply visit many threads on the 2012 forum but none are really specific and many have different perspectives. I’m interested in knowing and I don’t think I’m alone. I have a friend who is scared the world will end on this day. My guess is 2016.

One answer I got on here was vague saying “it’s the end and the beginning” I still do not know how to comprehend that answer.

I understand science so if there is evidence I can comprehend, please lay it on me. I also have common sense and hope to get a better understanding. Is it still a phenomenon or based on facts? I’d rather hear it from you than sort through thousands of Web entries. You know a lot about this subject. Thank You!

a whole bunch of self-declared visionaries will have lots of explanations ready to explain why none of the predictions turned out

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR212787

Mayan Calender, amongst other ancient calenders, point towards the end around the end of 2012. Some say it is the end of all things, some say it's the end of an age.

The Mayan Calendar points to a renewal somewhere in the 2011/2012 vicinity (depending on who you ask). Beyond that, I'm aware of no other ancient calendar that points to 2012 as the end/beginning of anything. I don't have the time right now to read the information on your site, but I will, later... if you don't tell me what they are on here, that is.

Looking for scientific facts? The suns biggest solar flare is projected to be around then and if it is big enough, will act as a giant EMP wave, taking out most electronics on the side the earth is facing at the time. This has happened before, but only knocking out a couple satellites and briefly cutting power to a couple small areas. The sun has big solar flares every 11 years.

Your information in this regard is outdated. The current solar cycle is actually proving to be much less active than anticipated. What is now projected to occur is almost nothing -- little to no sunspot (and, therefore, solar flare) activity, much like the Maunder Minimum of the 17th-18th centuries.(Source.)
What this doesn't preclude, however, is the possibility of a massive CME. CMEs are not solar flares...but I would assume you know that.

Galactic alignment: The sun, earth, and the black hole in the center of our galaxy will be in alignment, possibility causing magnetic and gravitational effects on the earth. Also, recently, I believe someone on this site, found that there is a coincidence in earth quakes and planetary alignments and that in October there might be another one.

If you had truly researched all of the available information without bias, you would have found that this supposed "alignment" occurs over a period of about 38 years, and, in fact, began around 1979. 2012 isn't even the midpoint of the "alignment"...that happened in 1998 (give or take a year). When it comes to this "alignment," 2012 is nothing special.

Then there is always 'Nibiru'. That rouge planet that supposedly swings through our galaxy every ?3600? years or so. Research point to many disasters coinciding with this 3600 year timing. Dinosaurs, ice age, so on.

I have said over and over, in this thread and in other, that such a planet is physically impossible. Elsewhere, I have showed the math. I guess I'm being forced to show it here, as well.
The orbital period, T, of an orbiting planet is given by

T = 2*pi*sqrt[(a^3)/GM)]

where a is the orbit's semi-major axis, G is the gravitational constant, and M is the mass of the central body (in this case, the sun).
G = 6.67384*10^-11
M(sun) = 1.9891*10^30 kg
a(Nibiru) = ?
T(Nibiru) = 3600 years = 1.1360933*10^11 seconds

Solving for 'a' (the semi-major axis) gives: a = 3.51425732*10^13 m = 235 AU
This means that, on average, Nibiru would be 235 times the distance from the Earth to the Sun. Any planet at this distance would have been spotted, both visually (or, I should say, telescopically) and by its effect on the other planets and the asteroids and comets in the Kuiper Belt and, potentially, the Oort Cloud.
And, aside from that, if Nibiru were currently heading into the inner solar system to wreak havoc on the planet, it would be visible in the sky. Even a brown dwarf would be nearly as bright as the moon.

God: Many things are said in the Bible. Part of it is that natural disasters will get the worse they have ever been near the end. And they have been getting PRETTY bad lately.

Prophets: Many Prophecies of things to come are starting to point towards soon.

Many things are certainly said in the Bible, but most of them have already been fulfilled. Absolutely nothing speaks of 2012, and nothing speaks of any current natural disasters. But, then, I would need days to go over all of that, and I only have 15 minutes to get out of bed and get to class...so I'll let this one be.
For now.
edit on 13-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
on dec 21 2012 all the forum doom sayers will jump on the internet and start some other bull crap doom story based on some other ancient civ.
ill be either working or sleeping.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The same thing that happens every December 21.

Students will be on winter break.
It will be the shortest day of the year.
I will be panicking over Christmas shopping.
Phages predictions are never wrong my fellow loons!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SR212787

Now since you're making the claim, I'll ask you the question I have yet to receive an answer to. Can you provide me with primary or peer-reviewed sources that show other cultures placed an emphasis on 2012? So far I have asked many this question and so far have received no answers. Also, there are no prophecies associated with the Long Count, and in fact only one monument (Tortuguero Monument 6) mentions 2012 at all. Then there's the fact that researchers are beginning to think the GMT correlation is incorrect meaning that 2012 isn't even the correct date.

The solar maximum has been pushed back a number of times. It was originally supposed to be in 2010 or 2011, but was then pushed back to 2012. It has now once again been pushed back to Spring of 2013 and is expected to be the weakest in almost three decades. This correlates with the fact that sunspot activity is the lowest it has been in generations.

I could go in depth as to why no significant alignment is going to occur on that date, but Phage did a good enough job demonstrating that.

There Will Be No Galactic Alignment in 2012

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The date is so ingrained in peoples psyches that even if nothing happens the mass belief that "something" will happen. "Some one" will make sure "something" and proclaim it to be it.

My bid is an extreme false flag. Which will put more fear into people already on edge over various things - and they will accept anything, even a whole new order.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Didnt ET_MAN predict the 28th of october 2011 then revised it back to 11th ofctober 2011, back in 2009? ( i did read 147 pages of his thread O.o )

Linkage to said thread

try that? even though some think he's a bit of a kook, makes for some brain straining thoughts.

fun!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KristianTNA

The date is so ingrained in peoples psyches that even if nothing happens the mass belief that "something" will happen. "Some one" will make sure "something" and proclaim it to be it.

My bid is an extreme false flag. Which will put more fear into people already on edge over various things - and they will accept anything, even a whole new order.

Possibly, maybe the whole mass hysteria caused by the hype will make people loot and go nuts, and martial law will be enforced, and people will be shot, maimed, and my goat will be stolen

edit on 13/7/2011 by AlanQaida because: needed the qoutage for the response

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My prediction as to what will happen is, the doomsday nutters will completely fail to learn anything from their mistakes.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Afternoon All...... had to comment on this.

I have been researching Dec 21st 2012 for a couple of years now and have come to the following conclusions....

The date is obviously significant, not only to the mayans, but to many other "ancient" civilisations that predicted upheaval on this particular date.

From what I can discover the Mayans actualyl predicted the start of a whole new cycle, a cycle that contains phases, of which there are 8, from what I can remember...... Each phase lasts for a shorter period, until the last phase, which we entered a couple of months ago and runs until the 23rd December 2012. This complete cycle, (Which is thousands of years old), then starts all over again.

The significane of these cycles is still to be discovered, although some claim it is linked to the actvitiy of the sun and it's interaction with the earth and other planetary bodies. This could have disastrous consequences for mankind, or it could mean nothing.

Many people have mis-interpreted this end of a cycle as the end of the world, which may have some truth, although not as commonly thought... I believe it to denote a period of environmental change, which may or may not affect us as the human race... (although only very small deviations in our natural environment will have profound effects on how we interact with th eplanet and the universe in general).

This particular date has a specific arrangement of constelations, that was last repeated at the begining of the last cycle, and many historical records talk of large earthquakes, storms, volcano's and all manner of tumultuous events unfolding. I remember reading some time ago that the various civilisations that have perpetuated this 2012 idea had no contact with each other, given the time scales involved, and yet all pointed to this date in the future, as well as highlighting this date in their own recent past. This obvouosly provides and interesting coincedence.

This date has also been strongly linked with the shifting of the earths magnetic fields/poles, something that has ocurred many times in the past as I believe has been proved. This would indeed, in turn cause large disasters on the surface of the planet...... which could be interpreted by previous civilisations as the wrath of the gods... but which we have a greater understanding of these days, albeit still a limited one.

So, there is no answer really... depends on what you read and your own subjective analysis of the information contained therein.

Good luck in your quest.

PerfectAnomoly.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join