It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The sith will reveal themselves to the Jedi on that date

Other than that, the media would be parading this day a lot, a lot of people will take the day off from work, and a couple of thousand people may commit suicide due to fear of some doomsday prophecy by the Mayans - unless it does come true

edit on 12-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I usually criticize the entire 2012 doomsday cult, but, to be completely fair, there are 2 distinct possibilities.

The first possibility:
Nothing will happen any more significant than what has happened on every December 21st in history.

The second possibility:
Comet Elenin, which is actually a giant planet-sized alien spacecraft, with four moons orbiting around it, will approach the earth, and the aliens inside will prepare to destroy us all. At this time, however, the aliens inhabiting another spacecraft, which we call the comet Honda, and which will have gone past us by then and will be waiting on the opposite side of the sun, will return in an attempt to prevent the aliens of Elenin from destroying the earth. They couldn't give us technology that would defeat the Eleninites, because then we could use that technology against them, but they see enough potential in us to help us when the need arises. So, there will be a huge space battle between the Eleninites and the Hondites.
And this is where it gets tricky. If the Eleninites win, then all will be lost. But the Mayans, in their infinite wisdom, were able to use the stars to judge the future, and they have promised that, on December 21, 2012, the Hondites will, indeed, be victorious over the evil Eleninites. When this victory is accomplished, the Hondites will settle on the earth and will peacefully coexist with humans, showing us how to live better lives.
After all of this has occurred, and when the Hondites feel we're truly ready, they will gather all of world's chihuahuas together at Mecca, around the Kaaba, and a bright light will emanate from within it. Then, they will reveal that chihuahuas are, in fact, beacons for passage to the spiritual world. The Kaaba will open up, every person on earth will be handed a chihuahua, and we will all walk into the light, and, in an instant, we will ascend and be transformed into Star Children.
When all of this has occurred, the human race will finally have reached its goal, and we will be One with the universe. We will be able to speak to the stars, and planets will give us manicures. All things will be possible for the Children of the Light. And we will live in this state for all of eternity... or until the Red Sox win another World Series, whichever comes first.

I won't tell you which I believe. I'd much rather you decided for yourself.
edit on 12-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

sorry to point out the mayan have never said it is doomsday

am I the only one that has bothered asking a mayan elder they are online these days you know

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If you're asking what will happen, then the answer is nothing unusual. One day will pass to the next like always. If you're asking what the conspiracy around 12-21-12 is, there are actually a few answers to that. One conspiracy says that the Mayans thought there would be a planetary alignment and some kind of portal would open up leading us all to some higher level of consciousness. In fact research into the Mayan culture shows no such predictions, there's no evidence they assigned any significance to that date at all. Rather, it was just the end of that particular calendar, and presumably they figured they'd prepare a new calendar when the old one was close to expiring (but they're no longer around to do that). Another conspiracy is that Elenin is going to make a close pass and create an extinction event. Actually there are several different conspiracies surrounding Elenin, such as it's a spaceship coming to conquer earth, or it's a probe sent to communicate with us, or it's a satellite sent to disrupt our world. All of the conspiracies are based on pseudo-science and have been debunked by experts and NASA, the official word is Elenin is small and will pass so far away that it will have no impact on us. But hard facts have never been able to stop a good conspiracy

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Seriously? lol

The Mayans were known for being star watchers and gazed upon the Heavens Cycle's. We are supposedly coming into an era that will make life as we know it change. How is it to change is in question.

I for one do not think there will be an end to this Planet at all. At most the only thing that can happen is for us to Evolve on a conscious level possibly. Who knows? No one!

They say that time is speeding up and everything that can happen will happen and this is the ninth level we are embarking which is said to be Galactic in nature. Maybe we will meet our neighbors.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
The Kaaba will open up, every person on earth will be handed a chihuahua, and we will all walk into the light, and, in an instant, we will ascend and be transformed into Star Children.

BWAAHAAAHAAA!
I always knew there was something unearthly about chihuahuas, I think the Taco Bell commercials tipped me off (Yo quiero Taco Bell!)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Many folks say that the Mayan calendar just ends because the Mayans just decided to end it where they did, and it means nothing. That is not true, however, as there were prophecies contained in codices, which have also survived, that seem to explain the Mayans belief that 2012 would in fact be the end of this world. This is from the Dresdan Codex:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3aa557abb7cc.jpg[/atsimg]
"The last page of the Dresden Codex shows the destruction of the world via water. Waves gush from the mouth of a celestial dragon. More flood waters pour from sun and moon symbols on the underside of the monster's body. An aged goddess also pours flood water onto the Earth. At the bottom of the picture crouches a ruler of the underworld. Above the picture, about half of the 15 glyphs have been destroyed, but a few of the remaining ones consistently refer to "Black Earth" or "Black on High".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Enjoying my Apocalyptic Party.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It might just be the day that the Mayan's buy a new calendar - possibly one with kittens or Rachel Stevens on it. Or it could be the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Its impossible for an accurate time to be kept on earth because of the way time is tracked. time here gives or takes a few moments over years. Factor this in on a date approx. 2000 years forcasted and you get a ruff area of the correct time give or take a few months. Not saying anything is due to happen, ofcourse..

Wow that was a heavy answer. It reminded me of watching "through the worm hole" last night about "there is no time, time does not exist" Quantum physics is going bonkers with their string theory. I can probably grasp that more than the unknown doom.

Is this area of interest intended to scare off or ridicule 2012 believers, like in some threads? I'm getting that feeling, by some comments. I hope not,, dont be scared off if you have information. I will not laugh at anyone. Promise!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Are you being serious? I cant buy that story. I'm not sure If you are simply messing with me or shooting me straight?

It's intersting about the comet Elenin. I just posted a thread yesterday about everything dying and trees are being killed by a FDA approved herbicide called Elenin, mass tree kill off of white pine in the US.

edit on 12-7-2011 by wonderworld because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I’m actually feeling a bit odd asking this question, since I’ve been around for awhile. I don’t pretend to be naïve. What is really expected to occur? All I really know is bits and pieces.

Absolutely nothing related to the predictions and prohecies....

The day after could be interesting tho,..reading about all the stupid things people did the day before.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Thank you! That sounded more like what I was asking for.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Very interesting but the celestial dragons are over my head.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Return of the Jedi, what fun!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Either we will all die or all live on just like any other day. But do not let anyone fool you, one day your time will come if its sooner or later it'll come and smack you in the face for worrying about it so much.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
It might just be the day that the Mayan's buy a new calendar - possibly one with kittens or Rachel Stevens on it. Or it could be the end of the world.

O.K, I admit that made me laugh but I'm afraid to scare off true believers. There must be a lot of them on here, since Ive seen tons of References to 2012, even on threads that didn’t relate. So where are they? Is the subject a dead horse theory now?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by CLPrime

Are you being serious?

Nope, not even a little bit. Except the first possibility... that's in absolute seriousness.

Here's an actual run-down of what will happen on December 21, 2012, excluding the unpredictable:

The sun will rise and it will get lighter.
People will have breakfast.
Husbands and wives will fight.
Kids will sing about Santa.
Phage will freak out about Christmas shopping.
I will be unspeakably depressed because the two people I really want to spend Christmas with won't be there.
A billion and one threads will be created on ATS - some predicting an end or change for humanity, others laughing at the ones predicting an end or change for humanity.
Parents will beg their kids to stop singing about Santa.
The sun will set and it will get darker.
And good times will be had by all... except, of course, the poor, the homeless, the heartbroken, the sick, the dying, and the oppressed.

A typical day in the neighbourhood.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beauty from pain
Enjoying my Apocalyptic Party.

You should come to my Apocalyptic Party, the more the merrier but I still need to know what I'm preparing for, a polar shift, an ice age, a heat wave, a magnet pole problem, etc. Martial law, food shortage, falling off the earth?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

O.K, I think I like you, what a comedian! Something I may say on other threads. I liked hearing how Phage will be confused about Christmas shopping,, you are funny!

Still, where are you who have serious answers. I will laugh at these guys funny ideas but not at yours.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join