It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I’m actually feeling a bit odd asking this question, since I’ve been around for awhile. I don’t pretend to be naïve. What is really expected to occur? All I really know is bits and pieces. It’s the last day of the Mayan Calendar. I plan on having a big party this day, with all my survival friends, just as I’ve done on Y2K, the Daylight Savings Time bug, May 1st party, etc. Not to mock these days but to prepare and be together if something did happen. I could simply visit many threads on the 2012 forum but none are really specific and many have different perspectives. I’m interested in knowing and I don’t think I’m alone. I have a friend who is scared the world will end on this day. My guess is 2016.

One answer I got on here was vague saying “it’s the end and the beginning” I still do not know how to comprehend that answer.

I understand science so if there is evidence I can comprehend, please lay it on me. I also have common sense and hope to get a better understanding. Is it still a phenomenon or based on facts? I’d rather hear it from you than sort through thousands of Web entries. You know a lot about this subject. Thank You!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I will throw a cookie party to celebrate the day humankind stops worrying about the silly thing.

And then we will be onto October 28th (presumeably 2015), when Jeebus descends from the heavens...

+10 more 
link   
The same thing that happens every December 21.

Students will be on winter break.
It will be the shortest day of the year.
I will be panicking over Christmas shopping.

link   
Nobody knows specifically and there are many thought on what it might be.

To answer your question though that's about it. Could be anything from comets coming to a huge series of earthquakes to a supervolcano going off to an invasion of aliens.

Or nothing will happen.

Take your pick

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think I will be selling "I survived 2012" tshirts.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What happens Dec. 21, 2012?

Anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The world ends and we stop killing each other.....

But I am thinking it the "World As We Know It" will end.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The same thing that happens every December 21.

Students will be on winter break.
It will be the shortest day of the year.
I will be panicking over Christmas shopping.

Hey Phage I actually enjoyed one of your comments, being on a different forum other than you know,,,. Funny

link   
Whatever happens it won't matter to me because its the day after my brirthday and i'll be nursing a hangover and probably won't be awake all day.

Seriously though nothing is going to happen......at best all it could be something like an alien visitation which is what the Mayans expect.

link   

What happens on Dec. 21st 2012?

Whatever you want to happen.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Who said anything about aliens lol?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AOA2012
What happens Dec. 21, 2012?

Anything.

That's not a fair answer since your user name ends in 2012? Come on I want some answers,, really.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't know about you all but i plan on having my annual Yule party. Isn't there supposed to be an Eclipse that day that can be viewed over the Pacific Ocean? If you are in the UK i suggest a trip to Stonehenge at dawn to watch the sunrise.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

The Mayans dont expect Aliens do they? I suppose they could show up to enhance the event.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tygart
The world ends and we stop killing each other.....

But I am thinking it the "World As We Know It" will end.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

Can you please be more specific? I'm dying to know. I'm prepared for any emergency, except a radioactive fall out shelter.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
hopefully something catastrophic that wipes all mankind off this planet
2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Given that none of the popular 2012 predictions have any bearing in reality, and none of them are backed up with objective evidence...I'm probably gonna finish some last minute Xmas shopping

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Read some books, and or threads here on ATS and formulate your own theory. Regardless on what you believe, a month or two of supplies on hand would be wise.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its impossible for an accurate time to be kept on earth because of the way time is tracked. time here gives or takes a few moments over years. Factor this in on a date approx. 2000 years forcasted and you get a ruff area of the correct time give or take a few months. Not saying anything is due to happen, ofcourse..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

this may help if the link works if not goto vimeo called intregul negru watch all the way through helped me forget about it all hope you have luck finding answers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join