It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns - August 3rd - Possibly no social security checks will be paid.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Disruptions? The Big O keeps on promoting the sheering of the elderly and disabled sheep and it's seriously ticking me off!

Today's article:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

With retired people, the disabled, widows, and children of deceased workers counting on that money to pay rent and buy food, it would be left to administration officials to decide how soon they'd get their benefits.

They're really asking for it aren't they? They want a riot.

We need to seriously start considering how we're going to handle this because I'm starting to think that this isn't a bluff. They really could stop the checks. I believe they've been using the money in the Social Security fund to pay for the military industrial complex and other things that do nothing for American citizens.

How about if they don't get their paychecks until we see some real change? I think the Prez needs a cut in pay. About 50% ought to do it. I also think the rest of 'em need a cut in pay, too. Then, we will should have the Prez pay rent to stay in the White House. All governor's should have to pay rent to stay in their Governor's mansions. We bring our troops home. We cut DHS in half. We stop buying x-ray machines for airports. We also will have to sell Obama's "Beast". It's a gas guzzler and just simply not sustainable for the economy or the environment anymore. I also think Mrs. Obama's wardrobe should be sold to the highest bidder. She has lots of expensive dresses. Some rich woman would buy them. No more pensions being paid either. If you have held office in your state, thanks for your time and trouble. Welcome back to the civilian level. I think we can also stop paying for all ex-Prez's security entourage (cough - Bush - cough). You're on your own now and I encourage you to get yourself a concealed weapons permit, if you don't have one already, and be prepared to defend yourself just like every other American has to. After all, you shouldn't have any fear of the American people, right? We have to cut the apron strings eventually and, to be honest, we just can't afford to be paying for every retired Prez and First Lady to have the Secret Service agents at your beck and call. This isn't like the movie "Guarding Tess". Grow up and stop being scared. The American people can no longer afford your personal protection. You're all grown ups and can protect yourselves. I'm sure you have the money to pay for your own security entourage if you feel so inclined.

Well, I guess I'm just getting over all the fear mongering and harassment that our government is dishing out. They need to make cuts to their own pocketbooks first, then maybe I'll consider throwing granny into the street. I'll just have to sell her wheel chair first so she'll have some spending money.

edit on 28-7-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
How about we bring the troops back? Hmmm... maybe stop paying for illegals and providing incentives for more welfare recipients. Maybe do some drug testing of those who squander their free government money and easy life, or how about stop spennding more money than the revenue it brings in (what a tought) and racking up even higher interest payments as a result. This bloated governmentacts as if it wants to bury us in debt. There does not seem to be any desire to balance anything and to use the social security check fear mongering is simply disgusting and revulsive.

Golden

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
When the President of the United States promotes this kind of fear, especially among those older Americans; is it not a type of "terrorism"? I have older relatives (78 and 83 years old) who are scared quite frankly and it is my humble opinion that all this talk about No Social Security is nothing but political scare tactics. Thank you for letting me voice my concern.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is an interesting link to article in The Washington Times:

communities.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 29-7-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This probably has been mentioned already, but for those who receive their direct deposit payments on the first, check your bank account now.

My gf already received her benefits for next month.

Peace and love.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Some good news for me and I hope others -
my SSI as been deposited into my bank account.
I receive mine before the vote, now we have to
hope that others on SS, SSD, Veterans get
paid as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
when seniors and the disabled get their cost of living raise that has been withheld for the last 2 years and wont be getting them for the forseeable future.

no one can convince me the obma give on crap about them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ZincOrca

When the President of the United States promotes this kind of fear, especially among those older Americans; is it not a type of "terrorism"? I have older relatives (78 and 83 years old) who are scared quite frankly and it is my humble opinion that all this talk about No Social Security is nothing but political scare tactics. Thank you for letting me voice my concern.

You are absolutely correct.
And this is not the first time Obama has used the Politics of Fear to sell his schemes. He used it with Obamacare ...."Without it, people will be dying in the streets". He used it with bailouts..."Without it 2 million jobs will be lost...too big to fail...people will starve.." and many other cases.

His whole cabal, especially Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden, all co-operate with these fear tactics. Buncha scum!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
30+ pages of worry, and the key word is "Possibly". The rest is all scare tactics.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Is this that bad?
How much do people get that if they dont then they will die?

Does this cover pensions and unemployment? I suppose the pensioners must be worried and rightly so.

How much do the unemployed get? Surely not paying them would be better for the economy.

I don't care about the unemployed so not paying them is no big deal. Just wait a little longer or GET a JOB!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

That's a very simple way of looking at it.

Nevermind the fact that a lot of people collecting unemployment have put into it for many years, so in retrospect, they're actually just collecting money they donated already. Also, when the unemployed can't find a job in this economy, and they stop getting paid from an account they have put into themselves, bad stuff starts happening.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

with the passing of this bill, america is firmly welded to a rocket heading for the sun, but it presents a wonderful opportunity to gloat!

i believe you called my math "childish", "wrong", and "overtly simplistic".

my estimate for 22-26 trillion in debt after 10 years seems to be spot on.

The deal purports to "cut" $2.1 trillion, but the "cut" is from a baseline that adds $10 trillion to the debt.

paul.senate.gov...

since i'm so bad at math, i hoped you would help me. whats 10 trillion-2.1 trillion+14.3 trillion=? because my calculator seems to think its 22.2 trillion.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by poet1b

with the passing of this bill, america is firmly welded to a rocket heading for the sun, but it presents a wonderful opportunity to gloat!

i believe you called my math "childish", "wrong", and "overtly simplistic".

my estimate for 22-26 trillion in debt after 10 years seems to be spot on.

The deal purports to "cut" $2.1 trillion, but the "cut" is from a baseline that adds $10 trillion to the debt.

paul.senate.gov...

since i'm so bad at math, i hoped you would help me. whats 10 trillion-2.1 trillion+14.3 trillion=? because my calculator seems to think its 22.2 trillion.

I think your calculations are suffering from - ceteris paribus fallacy -.
- Ceteris Paribus Fallacy -

That's just a fancy way of saying that you are assuming all things remain constant.

Imagine trying to crunch the numbers on the National Debt back in January 1993 and
then forecasting the future.
The dot com bubble/internet age didn't occur yet.
Due to the economic - BOOM - of the internet companies like Google, Yahoo & eBay
appeared out of nowhere. Jobs-Jobs-Jobs !
We actually ran a - surplus - for 4 years at the end of the 1990s.

-------------------
All we need is - something new - like the World Wide Web to appear.
I think it will.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

yeah...i know, but its nice to see prominent people making the same estimation that i did. medicare, medicaid, and unemployment/SS are supposed to increase at like 6-9% a year, as well as inflation increasing rapidly.

i think my estimation is the best possible scenario if everything plays out without getting worse. truth be told, i don't think we'll make the 10 year mark.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Eurisko2012

yeah...i know, but its nice to see prominent people making the same estimation that i did. medicare, medicaid, and unemployment/SS are supposed to increase at like 6-9% a year, as well as inflation increasing rapidly.

i think my estimation is the best possible scenario if everything plays out without getting worse. truth be told, i don't think we'll make the 10 year mark.

Forecasting the future can be very entertaining.
It goes the other way too.
Remember all of the - rosy - economic forecasting back in 1998?
The surpluses were rolling in the front door of the White House.
- Blue skies & blue birds- for as far as the eye can see.
Even before the surpluses arrived members of congress were trying to think of ways to
spend it!
OOPS! Ceteris Paribus Fallacy
Al Qaeda attacks us on September 11, 2001.
We have 2 wars to fund & fight in Iraq and Afghanistan.
------------
We all have an opportunity to learn from history.
Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

top topics

<< 30  31  32   >>

join