It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns - August 3rd - Possibly no social security checks will be paid.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I really hope it is just fear mongering after i broke my back in 03 i didnt apply for ssd. I was to proud and worked although I was always in pain. Then in 07 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor after a failed attempt to remove the tumor and radiation im lucky if I can stand up with out feeling im going to pass out between the two i finally sucked up my pride and applyed usually they take 2 years to approve you luckly I was approved in 6 months. I dont recieve a lot of money and raising 4 kids on it is rough enough but i'm thrifty and manage but it would only take 1 month with out a check to lose everythig!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The old have done there time and deserve far better then threats .

If ss checks are held back then the government is the low of the low and deserve a real serious shake up .

Never use retired people as a chip , it's just wrong . They have a hard enough time trying to make do on there ss check , leave them be .

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
A senior revolution will happen. They will put the boom into baby boomers.

We would see a real grassroots movement get together and protest. Our senior citizens will get a up front and personal visit with our militarized police force.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that he threatens no social security payments instead of, say, forgoing paying members of congress or the military or taking a government furlough day?

He went for one of the largest lobbies in the country because he wants to take the sissy's route to getting his way.

That "man" is a scumbag.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
A senior revolution will happen. They will put the boom into baby boomers.

We would see a real grassroots movement get together and protest. Our senior citizens will get a up front and personal visit with our militarized police force.

I don't think a revolution has ever been sparked by seniors, but I have a feeling it would be the most successful type! The youth are always up for a good fight, so if the seniors start one, the youth will be happy to finish it!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
could obama be pushing us, his subjects, in to an armed confrontation? If he does cut SS form the old, the retired and the ones not fit for work , what next?; No tax refund. now that would be the real kicker would it not.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Let not look at the old with rose colored glasses either. Its them who caused most of these issues and allowed government to get to its current sizes anyway. Maybe this is just karma

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

From what I have read this is more to do with republicans not agreeing that the wealthy should pay there fair share in taxes......

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
could obama be pushing us, his subjects, in to an armed confrontation? If he does cut SS form the old, the retired and the ones not fit for work , what next?; No tax refund. now that would be the real kicker would it not.

Actually no. I think no tax refund is a good idea. Last year I got back almost $6000 in refund money. I only paid in about $3000 during the year. Ridiculous. They need to get rid of a bunch of the tax credits, tax loopholes, tax deductions, and actually collect the tax that is owed. Then, they need to stop spending it frivolously and running up the national debt. The combination of approaches would actually create some action for a change, and we woule actually see an improvement for a change.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Essentially, republicans think because they control the house, they get to control the whole government, and tell the people who should or should not be president.

www.cbsnews.com...

Mr. Obama's comments followed remarks from the Senate's top Republican, who said Tuesday that he did not see a way for Republicans and Democrats to come to agreement on meaningful deficit reduction as long as Mr. Obama remains in office.

"After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question that as long as this president is in the Oval Office, a real solution is probably unattainable," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in remarks on the Senate floor.

Apparently O'Connell thinks he can dictate to the people of the U.S. who should be president.

The repubs are all a bunch of bums, and should be thrown out of office.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozscot

Obama: If you don't help us clean up the mess WE made, then WE will not pay you YOUR own MONEY.

Pretty much what is being said.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
it is the fault of both sides of the isle, no blame can be put on just one side, the DEMs for spend spend spend the REP for tax tax tax the poor and give the rich a tax break,m time for them to wake up DEMS enough spending Rep's time to tax your rich 10% what say ye the People of the USA?? save it, or let it die.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Essentially, republicans think because they control the house, they get to control the whole government, and tell the people who should or should not be president.

www.cbsnews.com...

Mr. Obama's comments followed remarks from the Senate's top Republican, who said Tuesday that he did not see a way for Republicans and Democrats to come to agreement on meaningful deficit reduction as long as Mr. Obama remains in office.

"After years of discussions and months of negotiations, I have little question that as long as this president is in the Oval Office, a real solution is probably unattainable," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in remarks on the Senate floor.

Apparently O'Connell thinks he can dictate to the people of the U.S. who should be president.

Sure its his fault for calling a spade a spade and saying that as long as Obama continues to be the immovable object in the room , there will be no resolution.......

Nice pulling it out of context tho..........typical tactic

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

From what I have read this is more to do with republicans not agreeing that the wealthy should pay there fair share in taxes......

That's exactly what it is - good, old-fashioned GREED.

The rich are PIGS.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The Dems are all a bunch of bums, and should be thrown out of office.

There I fixed it.

Obama is acting like King Louis XVI and we are fed up with it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You should probably do some research, since Congres sis responsible for the day to ay operations of this country, not the PResident.

Also, Soc Sec is not going anywhere. With the fEd sucking in 158 billion a month, even after a default and shutdown, Social Security is not in any fanger of loosing funding.

This would be a scare monger tactic by Democrats and nothng more.

I say default... WE need to sit down and start a budget from scratch... We need to get priorities in line, and spend what we have and no more.

Does this mean cutting back on entitlements... It does, and it also means we need to cut back on military as well.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by angeldoll

I read your post and I know who you were responding to. I also clearly understand your post.

I pray for this to happen because something has to trigger the people to wake up and fight back. This could just be the thing to do it.

May I ask what your solution to this mess would be?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I would partially agree with that.
Amend it to read

The WHOLE Legislative and Executive Branches
are a bunch of bums, and should be thrown out of office

and you would have a winner statement.

Both sides are wrong on this issue.
But threatening Seniors is a low
point in American Politics by any
president or party.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Don't stop there we need to boot the supreme court as well....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Republicans are reading the same script as the democrats since the Federal Reserve Act was signed into law in 1913.

The House of Rotschild paid Edward Mandell House to write it.

Give it a read HERE
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join