It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns - August 3rd - Possibly no social security checks will be paid.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

i agree. two parts hateraid, three parts party politics, combine in a large mixing bowl (trust me, you need a big one), and apply liberally (haha, pun intended! =P)

frankly, i'm surprised someone could be so indoctrinated into their "party". at the end of the day, you support the party, and pay for the party, but you're not invited.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i agree. two parts hateraid, three parts party politics, combine in a large mixing bowl (trust me, you need a big one), and apply liberally (haha, pun intended! =P)

I have a brother in law who is the same. He'll argue, heatedly, all day long, and use the same sorts of catch phrases, but at the end of the day he pays his tribute to the kings same as everyone else. He only gripes when it's the wrong tax collector coming to collect it for them.

frankly, i'm surprised someone could be so indoctrinated into their "party". at the end of the day, you support the party, and pay for the party, but you're not invited.

"Indooctrinated"? Bite your tongue! CONSERVATIVES are the zombies! He said so, right there! Evidently only conservatives can be indoctrinated (unlike the 'free thinking' liberals), and evidently they all invariably support Republicans. Please adjust your thoughts accordingly, before the Thought Police come 'round....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Thanks for proving me right. You don't see it, but that is exactly what you did.

I didn't even vote for Obama. I don't follow the party line. There are threads on this site where I clearly opposed Obama. I have only become a fan in the last few months.

The current democrats are backing large cuts, and have made many cuts to government over the decades. If you weren't completely programmed you would know this. Just by making the claim that liberals never have backed and spending cuts, proves that you are the one trapped in the partisan trap.

If you supported SS, then you wouldn't blindly claim that you will never received your SS back.

The other posters even back my claims further.

What you have demonstrated is that you don't even know what a conservative is. You think you can define it to be what you want it to be, but by doing this, you are only fooling yourself into accepting the programming you have gotten from the propagandists I mentioned earlier. I knew what you were going to say before you ever posted it. You seem passionate, you seem to honestly believe in liberty, and individual rights. Look at the periods when the U.S. economy was strongest, and see the policies in place at the time, and you will see everything the propagandist claim, is nothing but a scam.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Thanks for proving me right. You don't see it, but that is exactly what you did.

I in no way "proved you right", I merely pointed out the vehemence of your partisanship, and it still holds true.

I didn't even vote for Obama. I don't follow the party line. There are threads on this site where I clearly opposed Obama. I have only become a fan in the last few months.

I don't recall saying that you DID vote for Obama. As a matter of fact, I have no way of knowing who you really voted for, nor do I care. That is irrelevant to the display you have put on here. You most certainly DO follow the Party line, and your posts clearly prove that. "Opposing Obama" in no way disproves that. From all appearances, even he deviates from the Party line more frequently that you do, and of course we wouldn't expect you to support those deviations. Large numbers of left fielders have shown the same proclivities to abandon him on occasion, even some who DID vote for him. It became so frequent that it even has been given a term - "buyer's remorse".

The current democrats are backing large cuts, and have made many cuts to government over the decades. If you weren't completely programmed you would know this. Just by making the claim that liberals never have backed and spending cuts, proves that you are the one trapped in the partisan trap.

I think that the doctor must've issued me a cheap set of ears when I was born. WHAT did you just say? Care to try to back that up?

If you supported SS, then you wouldn't blindly claim that you will never received your SS back.

I've already been assured, in person, by government representatives that I'll never see a dime of my Social Security. I'm not talking here of Obama's threats to old folks, I'm talking face-to-face conversations with other reps.

Doesn't mean I can't support the concept, only that it frequently gets misused. As long as my mom continues to get her check, I'm good.

What you have demonstrated is that you don't even know what a conservative is. You think you can define it to be what you want it to be, but by doing this, you are only fooling yourself into accepting the programming you have gotten from the propagandists I mentioned earlier. I knew what you were going to say before you ever posted it. You seem passionate, you seem to honestly believe in liberty, and individual rights. Look at the periods when the U.S. economy was strongest, and see the policies in place at the time, and you will see everything the propagandist claim, is nothing but a scam.

That's a lot of words to say nothing.

As far as "what a conservative is", I'm well aware of it, as I am also aware that the opposition doesn't get to define to MY philosophy. If that were allowed, then it could be made out to be any crazy old thing, as you have attempted here.

You knew what I was going to say? I'll add "mind reading" to your resume.

I absolutely do believe in liberty, and individual rights. I don't equate that with economics, however. The only direct experience I've had of a "strong economy" has been during the past 50 years or so. I very well recall when the economy was strong and when it was weak, and I am well aware of the policies in place during those times, since I lived them.

I also can see and compare against experience what "the propagandists claim". You're right, all propaganda is a scam, and I'm not being fooled by it. I've seen what works, and firmly believe we ought to get back to that if we harbor any expectation of surviving to see an American Tricentennial. Without it, well fade away as we are doing right now, and at a faster pace.

What Obama is pushing will be the end of the US, and it's already in a weakened state. It ought to be an easy kill for him.

edit on 2011/7/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i love this topic because of this

everyone on the left screams at the top of their voices that there is no problems with social security and that it is funded for the next 25 years.

so which is it?

social security is money that goes into a special account they say which means people who have paid all their lives into the system they will be getting their money.

or no checks will be paid is the proof of the social security ponzi scheme.

most people see this as a loss but its a victory for the corruption of the us federal government

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its both.

It was a well-funded ponzi scheme with its own dedicated account at one point, but then Congress voted to mix the funds with regular operating funds, so they could loot it. Then, the ponzi part began to fall apart with the baby boomers aging.

Now, it is a poorly funded and ready to implode ponzi scheme that is intimately tied to the operating budget of the government.

A slightly weak, temporary assistance plan, that had good intentions, turned into something people depend on for their livelihoods, with a giant self-destruct button, and Congress has their fat arses on the button!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Have you bothered to read an article on the subject we are talking about?

Obama is proposing as much as $4T in spending cuts. Everyone is calling for cuts.

Turn off the radio and go to your nearest article on the subject and read. Reconnect with reality.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

i agree with everything you said there i know for a fact that people get ss without ever paying a cent into that system

its also a given that of the 45-50 million americans who live on welfare i am sitting here wondering if ss is taken out of their welfare checks and if it isnt they are getting a double free ride.

we need massive reform in this country from bottom to top.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

4 trillion in spending cuts. really? when his proposed budget is only 3.83 trillion? over how many years, a decade? because saving that much money in 10 years still puts us in the hole farther. we're overshooting the budget at roughly 1.5 trillion a year, and its increasing with time.

obama's "spending cuts" are equivalent to foregoing the sprinkles on an ice cream cone.

in this economy, i support taxing the rich and big business. they have plenty of luxury, and have had for many many years. its not like industry is growing right now anyways.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In case anyone missed it.

GOP Debt Ceiling Ace in the Hole: Obama’s Birthday Bash

The Republicans may not realize it, but they have an extra point of leverage in the debt ceiling talks: Barack Obama’s birthday.

It’s on Aug. 4. The president is turning 50. He’s decided to have a quiet celebration with family and a few close friends.

NOT.

Instead, the president is planning an extravagant fundraising bash Aug. 3 at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago, including a birthday concert teeming with celebrities and – for couples contributing $35,800 – a private dinner with the president. All this just one day after the government is scheduled to run out of cash!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

i love how you added that one in there. like saying "zing!" after a particularly punctual joke.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

spouses were allowed to claim on thier spouse's earning, since well, many women were at one time full time mothers and housewives, with no income of their own....or considered to be second income earners, not needed the higher pay that them men got.
ya know, kind of like how so of the religeous denominations seem to wish all us women would be.....
so, ya, many of the women who draw social security today, are drawing on thier husband's earnings....since most of their working lives, society seemed to think that they should be home, tending home and kids!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That is brilliant!

If the Reps stall past Aug 3rd, Obama has to choose between his lucrative fund-raising birthday bash, or being a real president. It is a political landmine of his own laying!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Bitten by the double bug.
edit on 15-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

what do you think will happen if the debt ceiling isn't raised? if its raised at all, i don't think it will be through normal means anymore. and no matter what happens, i guarantee you he will have his party.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Chaos is coming.

If the ceiling isn't raised, it will be political chaos with finger pointing and scrambling. If there is any integrity whatsoever, they Fed government will issue small and random furloughs so that no single person is devastated by the impact. We'll see who is truly in charge of the economy. Moody's might lower the credit limit, or they might just continue to threaten and influence politics. Goldman Sachs and other investment firms will have to choose their strategies wisely. Oil prices will fall, the dollar will rise, some of the other heavily leveraged international economies can catch a breath and evaluate their real economical situation, instead of the engineered situation based on the hyper-inflated dollar.

It might literally cause the crash of our economy and send us into a depression, but it is well earned. We need a real "correction" to put our economy back on the right track.

Now, on the other hand, if they do raise it, we teeter higher and higher on that cliff of default and doom. The chaos is coming either way, but I prefer to jump off here, instead of climbing higher and higher and higher before the inevitable happens.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

i first thought that a bill to raise the debt ceiling would make it through at the last minute, however i've changed my opinion. i have a growing doubt that it will be agreed upon. neither side looks like they will yield, and time grows short.

i think we're going to enter into a deep depression with a chance of rioting, and a slim chance of anarchy.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by ThAtRuThIs0uTtH3r3
Being that my mother gets a SS check... I really hope that it is not true about the checks not being issued on the 3rd of Aug.... That is her only source of income because she is disabled and can no longer work.... Honestly, what is this world coming too that they have to hurt all the people out there that need those checks just to be able to make ends meet every month...... And even those checks are not enough to get by because of the way all the prices are rising on EVERYTHING!!!!!!

This is just plain stupid!!!!

I think that they are going to issue the checks...but I also think...where they are going to make major cuts that will affect the poor are to the medicare and medicaid programs....I think this will be their compromise with the poor...again...the payments will continue...but the health care system as we know it now...will not...it will most likely be changed.

I repeat my above statement....the payments will continue...there will be changes to healthcare.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
So how many thousands of Veterans killed in action, their wife's and children receive SS did
Odrama insult by threatening to stop SS.
How many disabled children did he threaten?
How many Handicap people did he threaten?

Think about this you guys in the military
your Commander and Chief
threaten to cut of aid to your fallen comrades family's.

How many mistakes (threats) is he allowed to make,today its armageddon?

"With respect to senator McConnell's plan, as I said, I think it is a -- it is constructive to say that if Washington operates as usual and can't get anything done, let's at least avert armageddon. That's -- I'm glad that people are serious about the consequences of default."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

"Point the way man. I like what you just said and it makes sense. Any resources on more of this detail you spoke of?"

Hi mate , Best start is to check out the latest zeitgeist moving forward, contains no material about religion or conspiracy like the 1st two did, only cold hard undeniable facts about how screwed our system is.

here is the link I encourage everyone on ATS to watch it , goes for a while though (3 hours), the real good stuff about our broken system starts at about the 47 min mark , but i recommend you watch it from start to finish.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-7-2011 by mouldy crumpet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join