It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex pharma sales rep Gwen Olsen says Big Pharma only interested in profits, not health

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ex pharma sales rep Gwen Olsen says Big Pharma only interested in profits, not health

www.naturalnews.com

Gwen, a 2007 Human Rights Award recipient, is a dedicated mental health activist, public speaker, and writer committed to child and mental health advocacy.

It's hard to imagine that this same woman was once a successful pharmaceutical sales rep for more than 15 years, working for many of the industry's big name manufacturers. "We (were) being trained to misinform people," said Gwen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Big Pharma is in the business of healing or helping cure disease -- instead, the industry is out to regulate illness, manage symptoms, and keep people trapped in a lethal cycle of chemical dependency.

After all, if Big Pharma intended to help cure disease, they would be putting themselves out of business.

"I don't want people thinking that I am a conspiracy theorist, because in fact, there is no theory behind what I'm telling you, it's all provable... what I'm saying is provable is, the pharmaceutical industry doesn't want to cure people," said Gwen in the video.

Hardly surprising, but definitely refreshing to see someone from within the industry coming forward. We've been suggesting this here on ATS for a long time and now it's been confirmed. It seems the vast majority working in that industry has no moral values at all or are simply careless, otherwise they wouldn't be working in that industry. Obviously, that's just my humble opinion.

The video can be watched here:

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-7-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
this is pretty big news. not that it is new information, but that someone who knows is speaking out. anyone who has really looked into the dealings of big pharma will see its all about the money.

lets hope alot of people watch this

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We didn't need her to tell us what we already know

but its nice to have some creadible names behind the claims

What you gonna tell us next ? government doesn't care about us ? lol

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
How long have we known this? And many people want to say that conspiracy theorists don't have a clue what they are talking about. How many times has evidence been presented on this forum, strong evidence in some cases, yet the MSM doesn't pick it up, so the masses continue to believe the lies.

When the MSM does pick up something we talk about, like they did the other day, they mention that "conspiracy theorists" say so and so, and people automatically tune-out.

This adds credence to the FACT that there are cures for diseases that the pharmaceutical companies only wish to TREAT. Ridiculous, and this should be classified as murder. I can get in trouble for not yielding aid to a distressed person, so what is the difference? I'll tell you what...Big pharma works very hard lobbying and greasing these politicians. Their perks are great so this crap will continue. We need to do away with lobbyists, and make the rules for members of congress more stringent. That in itself would help in this and other aspects in a huge way.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
shock horror, oh my god. That is such a surprise. Who would have thought that.

My partners is nurse and has many tales to tell. Lavendar cannot be copied and yet it is ideal for treating burns, but you won't find lavender in hospitals!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That certainly explains why the US spends far more on health care than any other and still does not provide universal health care to its people.

Comparison of health care pr GDP

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
tell me about it

the community I live in is full of xanax addicts from every rung of the ladder. occasionally when I get the mail I've stopped to go in the onsite clubhouse and had to pick up the bastards while they are passed out asleep on the floor. just about every other week one of them drives through our gate and it needs to be repaired constantly. but it's not a problem cause it's prescriptions.

but god forbid someone gets caught with some herb, the HOA will rat them to the police in no time, who seem to have all the time in the world to make pot bust.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I could have told you this.

Very few of the drugs they make even promote health, most just preempt addiction.

For the record, it seems like this lady has squeezed her share from the corporate udder before making her claims. Now that she got her piece of the pie, she's ready to squeal...spill what we already know?

Her motivations seem suspect.

Be well, my friends!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm not seeing your point about the vast majority being careless or having no moral values. Of course they are in it to make money that's kinda their job. These people are not doctors they are there to provide manufacturing of drugs. It is wholly to their benefit to create drugs which are effective however as i'm sure anyone in the business would tell you they would like to develop the next wonder drug.

Doctors are the ones that are supposed to diagnose you and help you through your treatment not the big pharma. As for creating drugs just to make people rely on them that's just crazy. I do not like how it seems alot of drugs seem to be having side effects they didn't forsee but I doubt they do that on purpose. That's not good for people or for them.

Especially anti-depressants. Yes people will rely on them but many also don't and have good doctors that will help them off of them when the time is right. .The amount of people who have claimed these drugs help makes them worth it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

What kind of drug would promote health? Something that makes you eat right or exercise more? Big pharma makes drugs for pain management or things do deal with symptoms, not cures. They don't exist to cure problems that's what researchers in hospitals or university's do with grants from the government. Simply put, somebody needs to work on symptoms and pain and that's the role big pharma fills.

Yes alot of their products are addictive but that is a cost people must weigh with their doctor before taking the drugs. There are always other options.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I'm not seeing your point about the vast majority being careless or having no moral values. Of course they are in it to make money that's kinda their job. These people are not doctors they are there to provide manufacturing of drugs. It is wholly to their benefit to create drugs which are effective however as i'm sure anyone in the business would tell you they would like to develop the next wonder drug.

And that's a totally sick system that people voluntarily participate in. The liberalization of the pharmaceutical industry is totally sick. The pharmaceutical industry should have one purpose only: to keep us healthy. Not to make us sick (by withholding information about non-patentable remedies and bribing doctors to inject our bodies with toxics such as the pig flue vaccine). I am convinced that they also withhold the cure for diseases like cancer. And please, don't come up with big pharma's argument that liberalization was necessary to gain access to sufficient funds for drug development. The vast majority of funds are spend on bribes and other "marketing" activities.

I have no evidence, but knowingly keeping people sick and addicted so they keep on using your medicine is not exactly what I call a moral value.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Tharsis

What kind of drug would promote health?

Drugs not, but drugs are often not needed in the first place and they do a splendid job through lobbying in censoring out this vital information from the MSM.

If people would supplement with vitamin D-3, cancer rates would go down significantly. Why do governments not tell us this, yet they do care about our dental health and hence, add toxic fluoride to our drinking water. If people would take red rice yeast to lower their cholesterol, they would not have to suffer the side effects of RX medication. Red yeast rice has been proven to lower cholesterol more effectively than RX medicines and is purely natural - hence it comes without the nasty side effects of RX cholesterol lowers. As soon as I learnt this, I agreed with my dad to do a little experiment: he supplemented with red yeast rice combined with a quality fish oil for six months and then had a cholesterol check up at the doctor. Guess what, his cholesterol levels had never been so low before (having used RX cholesterol lowers for more than a decade).

The bottom line is exactly what is said in the OP: the pharmaceutical industry cares about profits and profits only. We're not talking about a broken machine, we are talking about human lives. You might find it natural that big pharma is after profits, I find it disgusting. Aiming for profit while at simultaneously keeping people as healthy as possible simply don't mix.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Tharsis

What kind of drug would promote health? Something that makes you eat right or exercise more?

Well, I was referring to drugs that people need to stay alive. Living is healthy, imho, of course.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Big pharmas job is not to keep you healthy and that's where your whole problem rests. Nor is it the job of the governments. It is the job of you and your doctor to keep yourself healthy and to examine all of the options available to you and then to make your decision based on that.

Big pharmas job is to provide a wide selection of choices. My doctor actually tries to convince me not to take drugs if I don't need them. When I had high cholesterol I asked him what type of pill i'm gonna have to take and he told me to try fixing my diet and exercising more before he put me on something.

You are blaming big pharmas for problems that are not their making. And like you stated you have no evidence of anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When the model in existence in this country (USA) is for profit health care, how is it a surprise in any way that pharma's goals are entirely profit motivated? This will continue to be a problem within the health care industry as a whole as along as it is setup as a for profit enterprise. Good luck changing anything about it too. Pharma and insurance have bought and sold our pol's many times over and now have more of a voice in our government than the citizens themselves.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I agree that they have aquired much too power and are very inefficient at alot of things. Heavy regulation is required in my opinion. Not arguing any of this at all.

I'm only stating that their purpose is not the welfare of the people though it is in their best interest to create effective drugs once they have marketable products I do not expect them to keep pushing for cures. There are other people who decide to pursue that course.

The only reason big pharma try's to solve medical problems is to lock down the patents to increase their profit.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good health is simple to achieve. Eat raw, whole foods and supplement your diet with coconut oil. Extra Virgin Coconut oil taken internally, and as a mouthwash will greatly enhance your immune system and provide a natural detox. It has been shown to effect diabetes, Alzheimers, eczema, psoriasis, CHD, cancer, HIV AIDS, and a plethora of other ailments. Not bad for a cheap overt the counter oil!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think scientology is akin to insanity I would not normally take their views on anything after all they kill people outright or through abuses of the individuals health problems. Their video 'Making a Killing' does have some valid points.
Unfortunately their propaganda also has an easy target in what it appears the medical proffession is doing to us. I hate to say this but their video 'Making a Killing' does have some valid points (without forgetting the lunatics making those points), the level of American children taking Ritalin and other psychotropic drugs is staggering. Between 6 -8 million depending on the source. The only scource I have says they can't quantify it but children of a year old are being treat for depression, by pharmaceuticals of course. Recent shootings linked to prescription drugs.

* Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old Steven Kazmierczak shot and killed five people and wounded 16 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amount of Xanax in his system. * Omaha, Nebraska – December 5, 2007: 19-year-old Robert Hawkins killed eight people and wounded five before committing suicide in an Omaha mall. Hawkins’ friend told CNN that the gunman was on antidepressants, and autopsy results confirmed he was under the influence of the “anti-anxiety” drug Valium. * Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide. * Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old Asa Coon stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone. * Blacksburg, Virginia – April 16, 2007: The psychiatric drug history of Seung-Hui Cho in the Virginia Tech Massacre was never made public. Initial reports stated that “depression medication” was found among Cho’s belongings. But neither his toxicology reports, nor his recent medical history were ever released to find out whether Cho had been in withdrawal from psychiatric medication. (33 were killed and 29 injured, but this was not included in the total of dead and wounded cited above.) * Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old Jeff Weise, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself. Text

* El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old Jason Hoffman, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School. * Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2000: 14-year-old Elizabeth Bush was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one. * Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old T.J. Solomon was being treated with antidepressants when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates. * Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old Eric Harris and his accomplice, Dylan Klebold, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. Harris was on the antidepressant Luvox. Klebold’s autopsy reports were never released. * Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old Shawn Cooper fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin. * Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old Kip Kinkel murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 22. Kinkel had been taking the antidepressant Prozac.

From the scientology website.

Indulge if you would mods but I really don't know how to link to a PDF which is where the information came from.
So we're caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. We have people treating us for mental health problems lying to us and people that believe mental health problems can be cured by talking to an alien in a volcano at least giving us some facts, unpaletable as they are.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Yet the lady was happy to take the paycheck for 15 years. With all the lying she claims took place, she was involved or she wouldn't have been a successful salesperson. With her background experience she can now have a career in politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join