It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God is an alien? Should he be charged w/crimes?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
IF the alledged ET fit ALL the criteria of written scripture and had ALL the assigned attributes of the heavenly father, I wouldn't have the slightest problem acknowledging it...and I really mean that...I believe there may be room for alien interaction within the Holy Bible, Old Testament AND New Testament.

I personally think that the OT is talking less about a supernatural entity and more discussing a ET meddling (same with the sumerians, mayans, etc)...

Have you checked out The Chronicle Project
If what they are uncovering is found to be factual, then ya..seems the alien hypothesis is almost certain.

The question then comes...do we charge them with criminal activity, or thank them for giving us stuff to begin with.

I think a bit of both. Just because someone saves someones life, doesn't mean they are free from being prosecuted for a murder they also committed.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
See Project Bluebeam

God is not an alien. Considering your other threads, it doesn't surprise anyone that you've come up with another "anti God" message.

Aliens visiting Earth is the big LIE over the past decades.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
SaturnFX wishes to believe, this is good and shows progress. Also if GOD was an alien and made you and me then It is GOD then and I am happy with that..

Be well

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by SaturnFX

The bible is no more full of murder than any history book.
Before we go about blaming and accusing alien gods of their crimes, perhaps we should look in the mirror. Is he any different than us. After all, we are his creation.

Well, I personally never murdered anyone...law doesn't really generalize.
If someone murders someone...we can't say.."well, we cant really prosecute this individual, because many people murder"...

I am somewhat made in the image of my mom and dad...but that doesn't mean I can't judge them should they start murdering people...What I am capable of and what I do are two different things.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
See Project Bluebeam

God is not an alien. -snip nonsense-

Aliens visiting Earth is the big LIE over the past decades.

Project Bluebeam may be a lie to keep people thinking there is no alien interaction
Works both ways

There seems to be a lot of evidence that the deitys referred to in the old religions were in fact...erm..sky people with advanced knowledge.
So, about the topic...what do you think..should it be held accountable for its actions?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
SaturnFX wishes to believe, this is good and shows progress. Also if GOD was an alien and made you and me then It is GOD then and I am happy with that..

Be well

Change believe to speculate and I will agree to that statement.

But consider what you said in the second sentence. If an alien makes life, then it is a god...however, thats a bad precidence.
Already we are at a point where we could start creating life in labs...this will not make us gods at all..not by any stretch...it just makes us inventors of a sort...we don't have to be spiritually enlightened, or some sort of paranormal force to splice genes and create life...
When I consider "God", I consider much bigger than some tech in a lab pushing elements together under a microscope...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Sorry SaturnFX, if GOD placed his eternal energies within you and my universal vessels of travel. Then IT Is GOD and I AM happy with that... Yes -universal- lab works mimic but none can inject the essence of the CREATOR within these creations..
edit on 7/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sorry SaturnFX, if GOD placed his eternal enregies within you and my universal vessels of travel. Then IT Is GOD and I AM happy with that... Yes -universal- lab works mimic but none can inject the essence of the CREATOR within these creations..

There is what is considered a fundy x-ian on this board...drives the anti-theists crazy really and comes across quite strong minded.
I chatted with said person in u2u's and was referenced some videos of a very interesting senario.

That we are in a entity we otherwise call God...basically, we are within a person, but we are a person..we have gone through this person and are going further and further down into a materialistic reality...again, all within this single being (He was the first one to "invent" these levels or dimensions within itself).
Its a interesting hypothesis...the end result is that we individually are the equal of god, and we are inside god...
now, that is where the speculation sort of goes wonky...the guy is suggesting we must decend and exit the "god" for us to regain what we once were...and so when "the ships" come, to ignore them as they are simply trying to keep us inside the singular being...(aka, they are simply on a slightly higher level...so they would seem shimmering and loving and all sorts, but its an illusion)...the ones that go with "them" will remain on the lower physical levels, the ones that remain and push through will ascend into their rightful place.

Point is, if that is a truth, then this is a prison, and this deity of sorts (call it a person considering we are equal according to this guy) is trying to keep us locked up inside of it verses be free.

If your interested in this, I can try to dig up the name (your typical UFO abductee with a story to tell)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Should God be charged with crimes against humanity then? Consider the endless death he wroght on the world, the burnings, the smotings with his ship against things he didn't like, the harvesting of resources and such...

If God is just an ET traveler, then the Bible is clearly false because it does not describe Him as such. If the Bible is false, then you could hardly use it to convict an ET of crimes. Besides that, if you read the Bible you'll find that the things you mention were not attributed to God, but rather to men. In some cases they claim to have done these things in God's name, but that's nothing new. That's been going on for thousands of years. A pure and perfect God of course would not condone such things, that should be obvious to you. The conclusion should be quite plain- men are doing these things for their own reasons and using God as a cloak to hide their true intentions (IE, they are lying when they say their actions are ordained by God). That conclusion should be even more obvious to an atheist such as yourself, because if you don't believe in God then that is the ONLY POSSIBLE conclusion. Here's the rub- if you acknowledge that these actions are by men who are lying about their actions being ordained by God, then you have to accept that this proves nothing about whether or not God actually exists. God can exist and be a perfect being outside of man's actions.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Not sure there's anything we could do to enforce our moral standards about "crimes against humanity" on an alien being. Interesting idea though. Turns out God is a Starfleet Captain who's violated the prime directive

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I have my doubts, obviously, about God being an ET. I will check out the Chronicle Project on your recommendation though.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Nice point you make there...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

If God is just an ET traveler, then the Bible is clearly false because it does not describe Him as such.

Open to interpretation. Lets consider the chronicle project's revealing of genesis:

v1 To chronicle 1. the beginning of the supreme ones 2. production to accompany our celestials 3. and to accompany the planet Earth.
v2 And the planet Earth had 4. existed for a long time without attention and being of note. And darkness covered the salt water ocean. And the supreme ones drew (in from an outside source) 5. air over 6. the face of that water.
v3 And so declared the supreme ones,"Let that which illuminates exist and that which illuminates occurred.
v4 And the supreme ones perceived 7. to accompany that which illuminates and as so were satisfied 8. to accompany the results. And to accompany this action the supreme ones separated between that which illuminates and the darkness.
v5 And the supreme ones named that which illuminates,"to arise" and to darkness 9. called by the name,"to carry away". And so existed sunset 10. and then sunrise and these two times are now united to be known as "The Day to Unite". 11.

The "supreme ones" could simply be a discussion about an advanced alien race.
Production to accompany our celestials and accompany the planet earth could be wanting to create a planet of intelligent life on a otherwise barren rocky planet.
etc.
that seems pretty much in line with an ET project.

If the Bible is false, then you could hardly use it to convict an ET of crimes. Besides that, if you read the Bible you'll find that the things you mention were not attributed to God,

no doubt a strong defense...they did it in my name does not mean they did it by my command...even today you have people committing brutality in the name of God, without actually being told to do such.
So, the court case would be quite hairy...ultimately, it would have to either admit to the accused crimes, or it probably would be thrown out of court

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

now, that is where the speculation sort of goes wonky...the guy is suggesting we must decend and exit the "god" for us to regain what we once were...

So we're like intestinal parasites and "GOD" has to poop us out?!

Now, see why I like you? You "crack" me up, Dude!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

now, that is where the speculation sort of goes wonky...the guy is suggesting we must decend and exit the "god" for us to regain what we once were...

So we're like intestinal parasites and "GOD" has to poop us out?!

Now, see why I like you? You "crack" me up, Dude!

This isn't my theory...it was sent to me by a christian of all things whom believes in parts of what the guy is saying.
Let me find it...its been months since we discussed the videos..I find it a interesting hypothesis that is somewhat confirmed by some biblical passages overall.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If you are looking at the Bible literally and trying to prove that God is an Alien well consider this very simple explanation. However, don't you dare say this to a christian they will never 'forgive' you even though that is what the Bible preaches, oh wait another contradiction!

God is not of this Earth. He doesn't exist on the planet.
God is in heaven! His kingdom ABOVE the Earth.

God and Angels are Extraterrestrial !!!!!!!! Couldn't be simpler than that!

So I guess your basically comparing God as to an alien Overlord/dictator and yes, He has done some very evil things like forcing people to do immoral acts like human sacrifices in order to get people to trust him!!!! WTF!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That was just a little jesting, mate. I will, of course, check out what you post.

(I rather thought it was rather a GOOD jest too, I might add...)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That was just a little jesting, mate. I will, of course, check out what you post.

(I rather thought it was rather a GOOD jest too, I might add...)

Actually, that is pretty much what I told her...So...God doesn't want you to ascend to freedom, but rather you got to flow to the bottom and excrete yourself? Doesn't sound "right".

She ultimately agreed it did sound a bit counter-intuitive

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
really?

How would you punish that which created all in the universe.

You think it would listen to you or obey you, it's own creation? as if you are above it?

We are god....or pieces of it......it allows us to make our own mistakes. You would be punishing yourself and this is really just a not very well thought out post.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
really?

How would you punish that which created all in the universe.

The premise is not that it created the universe...but rather just an ET that came across an inhabited planet and started from there with creation of a garden, plucking a couple out, and go from there (judas got kicked away and had to go back to general population / land of nod

You think it would listen to you or obey you, it's own creation? as if you are above it?

Not sure if it would listen, the creation bit comes into question if found out its just a scientist that experimented on a population already there. and above...below...I would choose equal in such an event.

this is really just a not very well thought out post.

I agree about your self assessment of your post..but the thread is pretty good anyhow.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join