It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Corrupted Cop Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Been wanting to post this on here to get the opinions, but haven't really had much time.

This story involves my best friend, and my girlfriends sister, who ironically date now, and both live with me. These is a weird part of their relationship, which in my eyes isn't bad at all but one might think so, but as long as the parents are ok it doesn't matter to me. He is 21, she is 16, who cares, that's not the point of the story.

Their story begins, if i recall, June 28th. We live in a town called Mt. Jackson, 2 towns North is another small Town Woodstock. Both of them are latebirds, and are general up pretty late. My friend and I used to hang around Woodstock a lot because most of our friends lived there and still do.

Now you know the background, here is the story. My friend and his girlfriend were talking to another one of my friends, he had mentioned how his car was in the shop, and had to get a ride from some guy who was unreliable, my friend ironically was heading to Woodstock to get food or something of the sort, so said, "hey i'm heading that way, i'll just drop you off" The friend works 3rd shift at a Hotel, so its about 9:30 at this point. My friend heads over to his house. Him and his girlfriend go inside hang out until he's ready, leave at about 9:50ish. He notices a cop is following him the whole time, but thats somewhat normal in a small town, because cops are out to get anyone because nothing goes on.

He makes it to the hotel, drops the friend off and leaves. The cop is still following him. Then randomly blue lights. He pulls over, cop walks towards him, gets his ID. Then another cop show up. Yes another cop already. The other cop comes over and says "Hello mr. willis" Now, his last name isn't willis, or anything even close to that. So Obviously off hand you can see what's happening, the cops thought he was someone completely different and didn't even bother looking at the ID the other cop had taken. This is at about 10:05

They then proceed to ask him and his girlfriend all these questions, the basics, ids (from her), where they are from, what they are doing, dugs, weapons, etc. They then make my friend get out of the car and search him. Can't find anything, ask to search the car. He says no. Then they say, " well we are going to call the drug dogs." Remember now, they still haven't even been told why they were pulled over. They wait not 10 minutes, not 20 minutes, not 30 minutes, but a goddamn hour for a drugdog. The dog then runs around the car, and the K-9 Officer proceeds to bang and dent his car looking for any "Secret Compartments." The cop then says the car is ok and leaves. By this point there are 3 cop cars and the k-9 from another town at the scene. Next they ask the girlfriend to get out of the car. Guess what happens next? They arrest her. Why? Evidently in Woodstock there is a 10:00 curfew. They got pulled over at 10:05, they were in a car, and she was also with a 21 year old adult. They then take her out of cuffs, scared #less, and make her call her mom. She does, wakes up the mom, and the mom just says, "yeah she's out with her boyfriend? who cares they live with me?" The cop says ok.

Now what? They have been waiting for over an hour and still don't know why they were pulled over. The cop then writes the girlfriend up for curfew, which she must attend court. Then they get to him. I pulled you over for "defected equipment, one of your back marker lights are dim" WHAT THE #! A MARKER LIGHT?! Not even a break light, and sure enough we all checked it out and it looks perfectly normal. He has a 120 dollar fine now, and poor girl has to go to court, for being in a car, with her 21 year old boyfriend, in a different town then she comes from, for being in a town 5 minutes past 10.

If this isn't harassment i don't know what is. We'll see what happens in court.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

They aren't above the law.

All citizens should be subject to the same laws.

But these thugs in uniform think they are higher than anyone else.

A bunch of Socio-pathic, Egotistic, Lunatics on a Testosterone Trip.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure how they were allowed to literally stalk your friend and his GF

but that sure is creepy and shows how they are abusing their power.

I don't think they can literally stalk someone like that just for a dim tail-light
edit on 12-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm from a small town too - I have been in almost this exact situation many, many times.

Small town cops, as you said, are bored and looking for excitement. Generally speaking, they will pull over anyone who looks young because they feel there is a good chance they'll find alcohol, drugs, etc. When they don't they often write up nonsense charges so they don't look like they're wasting time.

My advice? Fight both charges.

In the case of the curfew "violation" make sure the mom, the LEGAL adult that the minor was with during arrest and of course the defendant are all present. If mom consents to a LEGAL ADULT acting as a temporary guardian for her daughter I don't see how these charges can stick. At least in my state the youth curfew laws are only applicable for minors who are out after curfew without a legal adult - could be different in your state.

I want to say "Curfew? this is America!" but I realize that doesn't mean so much nowadays. Good luck to your friends.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

wow..all this while somewhere else someone is breaking into a garage and making off with a good size loot.

Its really sad, and very very unfair. that's just plain crazy...and cops doing stuff like that are not helping the average citizen have a lot of respect for them.

I think they should be charged , and at least fix the car...they can't wreck someones property over suspicion...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Same law in my state aswell, as long as there is a LEGAL adult, being my friend, this is what baffles me the most about it, did they just forget? That's like saying if a kids parents split and the kids step mother was taking the kid somewhere late at night and the stepmother got pulled over and they wrote the kid a curfew ticket! What the hell?

I've been in similar situations myself, its the whole smalltown boredom syndrome i guess. I understand they are bored, but harassing people because of it is wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Ohh the ole rear light bulb trick. I have had police officers use this on me multiple times and in 2 different states. Both times they were wrong and just trying to stir up bs. None of the times was I in a small town either, once was in Los Angeles, the other just outside of Dallas, TX. Pretty weak. Sorry that it happened to someone you know, seems a lot more common than i'd like it to be.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why in the world is a 21 yr. old dating a 16 yr. old.

That's a bit sick don't you think. They should of arrested this guy in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Why in the world is a 21 yr. old dating a 16 yr. old.

That's a bit sick don't you think. They should of arrested this guy in my opinion.

When my grandpa was 21 he married my grandma who was 16 and they are still married to this day. Do you think that is sick too?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The cops in Tulsa, OK are getting to be just as bad to a point. Just a little background, my wife is as white as Bill Clinton and has bright red hair. She drives a recent model full size car and doesn't play loud music, especially no rap music. She gets pulled over by the police at least twice a month because they were looking for a black man or woman. There is not logic to them pulling her over. Last night she was pulled over by a cop thinking that she might be drunk because of a little course correction on the road she made. She explained to the cop that the road is poorly lit and she was avoiding a dark green trash can someone had placed in the middle of the road. The cop agrees that this is what happened and left her alone.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Yes I do and had I been there I would of smacked your grandaddy upside the head and told him to date women his own age and quit preying on children.

What happened? He couldn't get a woman at the bars so decided to cruise the schoolyards?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
How can you in America still call your counrty the land of the free.

It should be America, land of the oppressed.
You aren't free anymore.

Its sad and scary when you think about how much of a police state your country is turning into.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I read somewhere, maybe on this site, that there are some federally funded LE "consultants" that go from town to town to train our local LE how to screw with us. I'm sure that's not how it reads in the brochure but you get the picture.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Sounds like the cops were confused and thought they were someone else,and as a second thought used the curfew law and made up the light issue.I know with that in mind I would definitely make a stink somehow and I realize most people can't afford a lawyer but I would get a free consultation to see what their options are just in case this happens again.They're like bullies If you let them walk all over you ,you can guarantee it will happen again it's always good to know your options..
...good luck to your friends

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Yes I do and had I been there I would of smacked your grandaddy upside the head and told him to date women his own age and quit preying on children.

What happened? He couldn't get a woman at the bars so decided to cruise the schoolyards?

Sounds like you were brainwashed by TBTB. There was nothing wrong with getting married at that age back then and there still is nothing wrong. Several states in the US consider 16 to be the adult consenting age. Think about your logic for a moment and consider this. My grandpa is still married to my grandma, he married her so she would be his wife. He is not a pedo, pedos go for little girls or boys the age of 5 or so which is sick. Pedos also do not marry their victims legally. Both of my grandparents are well over the legal age now too. If it was not for my grandparents I would not exist!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was once followed for about 30 minutes by an undercover narcotics detective. 2 hours, 100 questions and a torn apart car later he gave me a no seatbelt ticket. The best part about it was he and his partner tried to do the good cop/bad cop on me. It was all i could do to keep from laughing at them. Dont go into south Louisiana with Texas plates and decide you want to go to lunch.

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just wanted to update, the girl had court yesterday.

Anyway this is what i was told...

The guy, just received a fine for the "defective taillight" and just payed it.

The girl on the other hand went to court. When asked what she plead for the case, she said not guilty. The judge then scoffed her and said she had no way she could be not guilty and they had evidence against her. When asked what evidence, the judge turned to the first officer on scene and asked, why did you pull them over? The officer then said, "they were swerving." What the hell? The guy wasn't swerving, and was charged with a defected taillight, so the cop just lied under oath. When asked why she got a ticket when she had a legal guardian with her, the cop stated that in the particular town, it doesn't matter if your a legal guardian, it has to be parents. He then proceeded to state that in the town, it doesn't matter if it is a brother, sister, grandparents, aunts, or uncles, it must be parents. For some reason i find that highly unlikely and am going to look it up.

So after all that, she gets slapped with 20 hours of community service, and a 1/2 year of some weird thing i never heard of that i can't remember the name of.

top topics

join