It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan president's half-brother shot dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- The half-brother of Afghan President Hamid Karzai was shot dead at his home in Kandahar on Tuesday, authorities said.

Ahmed Wali Karzai, the Kandahar provincial council chief, was killed during a gathering, said provincial governor Tooryalai Wesa. He did not know a motive.

While the governor initially said a friend killed Karzai, his spokesman later clarified that the death was at the hands of a guard.

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the shooting, saying that the guard accused of shooting him was working for them.

Karzai suffered bullet wounds to his head and chest, said Mohammad Dawood Farhad, the head of Kandahar Hospital.

www.cnn.com...

This is the same brother of Karzai that was alleged to
be working for the CIA in the drug trade in Afghanistan.

And the assassination was claimed by the Taliban.

Remind me again, who are the good guys here ???
Taliban or CIA ???

the report claiming that Karzai is on the payroll of the Central Intelligence Agency might be the biggest headline yet. The New York Times alleges that Karzai has been facilitating a CIA-bankrolled Afghan paramilitary force conducting raids on the Taliban around Kandahar. Although Karzai fiercely denies the allegations, the Times report feeds skepticism over the direction of U.S. efforts in the increasingly volatile country.

www.time.com...

If he was a Taliban why would Taliban kill him ???
The CIA link ??? The drug link ???

He was also rumored to be the one who rigged
the election in Karzai's favor.

edit on 7/12/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

For the past eight years, the brother of Afghan President Hamid Karzai has reportedly been on the CIA payroll. The brother has also long been accused of being one of Afghanistan's biggest narcotics dealers (he has vehemently denied both claims). According to the New York Times, the brother, Ahmed Wali Karzai, is a CIA source, providing bases for the CIA as well as the U.S. military and serving as a go-between with parts of the Taliban. If it sounds a lot like Vietnam when Vietnam started to really come apart, it is — President Diem's grotesquely corrupt brother was a CIA source and a noxious agent of influence.

www.time.com...

It seems as though the Taliban just struck a blow
directly to the CIA.

I wonder if Hamid's Administration will be next
on their agenda ???

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
wow, I thought this thread
would have garnered more attention.
It's been up almost 2 hrs with no responses.
wow, I'm stunned

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

There aren't any.

The kids, the goat farmers, the low-ranking soldiers trying to put in their time and get home, those are the "good" guys, but there aren't any good guys in decision making roles. Not CIA, not Taliban, not Politicians, not contractors. They are all manipulators and bad people.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
wow, I thought this thread
would have garnered more attention.
It's been up almost 2 hrs with no responses.
wow, I'm stunned

Early morning threads don't get much attention. In my experience 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. threads don't do too well, but that is just my observation.

link   
A scenario may be that the they don't want to pull troops out of the Afghanistan and had to find a reason to stay there so the CIA shot him and made it look like the Taliban. Now the President is personally affected and will now be happy to have the forces in his country to further protect himself and his people from the Taliban?
edit on 12/7/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

link   

My mother always told me that if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

So what is there to this story: The Taliban shot dead Karzais half brother. The question is what was there motive. Was it simply because he was the presidents half-brother or does this have anything to do with the Heroin trade?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
My mother always told me that if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

once upon a time I believed that also.
However keeping quiet when others
around me corrupt the very system
that I live in, then I can no longer
remain silent as their actions directly
affect me.

Keeping quiet is the very thing TPTB wants
you to do.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
A scenario may be that the they don't want to pull troops out of the Afghanistan and had to find a reason to stay there so the CIA shot him and made it look like the Taliban. Now the President is personally affected and will now be happy to have the forces in his country to further protect himself and his people from the Taliban?

the problem I have with this theory is
that the Taliban have not come forth
to deny that the proposed article claiming
they were responsible is false.

if they have please link it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The Taliban claimed responsibility for the shooting, saying that the guard accused of shooting him was working for them.Text

True... I overlooked this part. Was just a theory but this is an American newspaper reporting the Taliban did this after all. We have all learned not to believe everything we read.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

once upon a time I believed that also.
However keeping quiet when others
around me corrupt the very system
that I live in, then I can no longer
remain silent as their actions directly
affect me.

Keeping quiet is the very thing TPTB wants
you to do.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Like said before on this thread; I also think this is indeed great timing for CIA to keep control of Afghanistan and to keep control of the Russians that way.

Another CIA puppet will be ready to replace him.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d990558570b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Getreadyalready: The most astute observation i've seen for a while, thanks!

Agreed though, the good guys are the kids and farmers who only wish to be left alone. The thing is, the taliban are more on their side than anyone else. The alternative is the CIA, and frankly i'd be happier with the taliban than the CIA anyday.

Good, another drug dealer dies in gunfire, may there be many more!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

A liveleak video showing afghan soldiers smoking pot before heading off to battle.

More "on the ground" you won't see.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

This is the same brother of Karzai that was alleged to
be working for the CIA in the drug trade in Afghanistan.

And the assassination was claimed by the Taliban.

Taliban or CIA ???

Neither. The main problem is that people can't comprehend that. This isn't a movie and there's no hero.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Wheres photos of the body? We all know what happens to people whom apparently work for the CIA? Look at Noriega. The drug business is a dirty business, yet it has its loopholes for pharm companies to make a profit from it. So the question is are we fighting the Taliban for moral reasons or is it really the opium?

top topics

join