It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock markets in France, Portugal, Belgium and Netherlands having technical problems

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well it's not the Bank of China doing this... it's the Chinese government.

I sure would like to read up on that a lil,
have u got a link for me to read ???

China's forex reserves hit new record high

China's foreign exchange reserves soared to a record $3.1975 trillion at the end of June, the central bank said Tuesday, highlighting concerns over inflation in the world's second biggest economy.

China's stockpile of foreign currency -- the largest in the world -- expanded by 30.3 percent from a year earlier, the People's Bank of China said in a statement.

So with that money, China is buying European bonds... they already invested hundreds of billions in Europe... so now they have no choice but to invest more or lose a boatload.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

so now they have no choice but to invest more or lose a boatload.

Maybe they are prepared and now capable to lose this boat if it does not get it course back in order?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
statement redacted
edit on 7/12/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

China's foreign exchange reserves soared to a record $3.1975 trillion at the end of June, the central bank said Tuesday, highlighting concerns over inflation in the world's second biggest economy.

China's stockpile of foreign currency -- the largest in the world -- expanded by 30.3 percent from a year earlier, the People's Bank of China said in a statement.

So with that money, China is buying European bonds... they already invested hundreds of billions in Europe... so now they have no choice but to invest more or lose a boatload.

bro, it's not China's money.

The Foreign exchange reserve of the People's Republic of China is mainly composed of US dollar in the forms of US government bonds and institutional bonds, and excludes reserves held by Hong Kong and Macau. As of the end of March 2011, the reserve holds $3.0447 trillion, making it the highest foreign exchange reserve in the world and far exceeded holdings of the next largest holder, Japan (~$1 trillion). The reserve is governed by State Administration of Foreign Exchange and People's Bank of China all of which are under operation of the Bank of China.

Wiki Link

The Foreign exchange reserve is operated by the Bank of China.
The Bank of China is owned by International Bankers.

In October 2005, the Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC announced a $3.1 billion investment which would give the British bank control of just under 10 percent stake in the Bank of China. Further investments were made by Swiss bank UBS AG, and by Temasek Holdings Pte. Ltd, who also promised to subscribe for an additional $500 million worth of shares during Bank of China's initial public offering.

The Bank has been investigated by the United States in its money laundering probe related to the superdollars affair

en.wikipedia.org...

also from that same wiki link

there is a Rothschild connection

in 2008 Bank of China buys 20 percent stake in La Compagnie Financiere Edmond de Rothschild (LCFR) for 236.3 million euros (US$340 million)

what started out as the bank for the people of China
has been privatized by international bankers in
1942 and has steadily gone more private
year after year, just like our Federal Reserve Act
in 1913.

Like I said, China is not doing this.
International Bankers are doing this.
And those bankers don't even live in China.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
so when you say that China is holding all this
US Debt. It is very misleading. The State Gov
of China and it's people actually do not have
any US Debt. The Bank of China is holding the
debt. And that Bank is owned and run by bankers.

So it would be more accurate to say that
International Bankers are selling off US Debt.

It was also International Bankers who created
the debt as well.

edit on 7/12/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

and the cycle goes on
whats next ?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 12345lonestar

Your response makes me feel both better and worse!
I find this situation terrifying. But just as your reasoned and accurate reminders of the relatively insignificant size of Greece's GDP make me feel better you have to go and bring up California which is so much closer to home!
I am curious, do you think it is possible that the Greece thing is getting so much play as a practice ground to find out how markets and governments actually would respond to a paper default on a larger scale?
If so, as an expert in economics, what is your read?
Do you agree with the "default is catastrophic on practically every level" that is pretty much the mainstream news approach or do you see it as possiblly having less impact on the rank and file citizen as long as the rank and file citizen doesn't freak out?
All insight appreciated.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
hmm.only Amsterdam stockmarket realtime..... rest of europe marked as delayed....

www.rtl.nl...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I find it amusing that still, after what, a decade of bad economic news, that everyone still falls for the end of the world scenario on an almost daily basis. All these problems are not new, the markets hardly even react to them anymore. Even the DOW today is breaking even, and the markets globally have dropped maybe by 1% as if they don't drop that much every time they drop. By next week, they'll be up 2%, then they'll lose 1%, and so on. Then there will be a bad day where they lose 2-4% and they'll spend the next two weeks gaining all that back, only to go through it all again. In the past two years, the markets have not changed. The DOW has gone between 10 and 13 thousand for months and months, if not years now. All the other markets are in the same pattern. This means, it will crash, when they want it to crash. It won't be on an obvious day, when people think the markets will drop like a rock tomorrow, they'll do the exact opposite, they'll increase, on bad news. How? Anyone's guess. It is manipulated to the point where its all entirely fake. Money isn't even real anymore, how can the markets be? I doubt we will even see the stock markets crash. It will take to the streets reguardless of the numbers. As soon as the gap between rich and poor gets large enough, the DOW could be at 40 thousand and it wouldn't make a difference. It's not real. So everyone, stop watching these numbers like they are the lifeline of the world, because they are only blinding you from the real truth. The numbers lie, and they always will. There are too many rich people to keep it afloat, you will never see the crash you are expecting.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks were little changed Tuesday, following a bruising in the previous session, as fears about the eurozone debt crisis spreading continued to rattle investors.

"The market is rightfully concerned and is trying to understand how this debt problem will be managed," said Rob Lutts, chief investment officer at Cabot Money Management.

Bigest Tumbler:

Hang Seng Index

Descriptions on parameters:

* P(t):Current Price at Day t
* P(t-1):Closing Price at Day (t-1)
* IS:Issued Shares (Only H-share portion is taken into calculation in case of H-share constituents.)
* FAF:Freefloat-adjusted Factor, which is between 0 and 1, adjusted quarterly
* CF:Cap Factor, which is between 0 and 1, adjusted quarterly

Isn't the problem no one wants to buy into "packages of stocks" anymore. You know once burnt, twice shy.
edit on 12-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It will stop itself it it falls to 6%. Off to check the US DOW numbers, creepy!

Remember when Hank Paulson and Benanke stopped all banking for one hour to prevent a global run on the banks after Lehman brothers in "08" and global economic crash? They are in bad shape over there, who knows?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

At least it isnt business hours and trading time over there now. Does anyone know what the closing numbers were before the issue?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas
reply to post by boondock-saint

and the cycle goes on
whats next ?

Well US stocks are running flat today, which is a good thing. I differ with you a bit about the cycle. I dont find this to be a typical business cycle as usual. We are in the eye of the storm and I expect a huge crash in the Fall. I'm not the only one who believes this. The other side of this storm will be worse than 08. Just get some physical gold or silver is my idea or using the bank of mattress.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Thats if they dont try too settle the imbalance militarily first,,
which is why the U.S sent a General to China,,couple days ago,,,
Which is just "speculation" on my part,, but hey thats what make the markets fun right,, speculation,, that is.

Me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by wonderworld

Thats if they dont try too settle the imbalance militarily first,,
which is why the U.S sent a General to China,,couple days ago,,,
Which is just "speculation" on my part,, but hey thats what make the markets fun right,, speculation,, that is.

Me.

Good point, I was also surprised Congress almost started a trade WAR with China. I think we should be a little more tender in dealing with the matter. We know something must be done soon. War is used at times like this but not of this MAGNITUDE. Creepy! I think a silent take over is in the works. The G-20 already saw this coming and had us sign the treaty in blood.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Ironically enough I thought this was a repost. While watching a Dutch stock market channel some weeks ago, exactly the same happened in all these countries. All of these exchanges belong to Euronext and were also all hit last time, so I guess it's truly technical malfunctioning.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It looks like the DAX stocks closed down 2.3% today. Anything above a 500 point drop in the DOW is a good day for me, after watching 08 unfold. Losing 777 points in a single day was outrageous! If Italy Falls we go down too. This is getting scary! They are the 7th largest economy!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
oops double post
edit on 12-7-2011 by wonderworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
well guys here is the debt clocks for the world now have a look at all the countries that are over 100% external debt of GDP these are the countries that will fail if bail outs are just the norm. These countries just need to let go and let the market normalise instead of delaying the inevitable. The longer it's delayed the more it is going to hurt us. To see how many countries are exceeding their GDP in debt is unreal you can't do things like that without it bitting you in the arse.

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
nm
edit on 12-7-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join