It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting sick of people calling on certain members..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I know this is the rant section but did you ever think that maybe some of those members DOno what they are taking about. I know that is why I will u2u certain members because I know that's an area they ate knowledgeable in.

A site as big as ats will have some experts in areas, why do some give them crap
about it?!?!

It seems to me it's jealousy....

Like when u were in school and there was that one person who always answered and then everyone picked on you or didn't like you because you were a "know-it-all." I don't see it that way! Insee those people as just knowledgeable and I don't think they're better in a personal sense I just respect their opinions and knowledge!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We know who you are talking about, and yes, it is very annoying.

The big question is, why would a REAL scientist, physicist, astronomer, whatever, spend EVERY WAKING HOUR on this website, which is specifically about conspiracy theories? Spending all their time preaching to the tinfoil hat brigade, debunking right and left? OBVIOUSLY they are not real anything. If you know who works at JPL or NASA or something, how can he be on this website all day and night? Don't they have some actual WORK to do?

Or maybe, just maybe, this IS the job! I don't see why anyone listens to these so called experts. Might as well just watch TV and listen to those "experts".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Look at how the ones on the link (the WATS) comment on other's posts. They have knowledgable information relayed in a non-confrontational manner, and seem to put an extraordinary amount of work into their threads and posts. It isn't just copied and pasted, mis-spelled, or have 30 or 40 exclamation points after the word "proof".

I appreciate the give and take of a good thread, instead of the cat fighting you so often see. Many times, I have gone back to a thread hoping one of them has signed on and given a plausible explanation for the fear mongering. I love a good scary conspiracy as well as anyone, but there are a lot of "Chicken Little's" on this site.

While I sometimes think certain members patronize others with their answers, I am no expert on a lot of things posted here, and appreciate their intelligence and insight.

Can't please everyone..........

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I kind of hate to step into this one, but yeah I have seen threads where certain people are summoned. I don't get upset about it though. I take that persons posts as equal to all others. Usually I see intelligent responses so it's not a bad thing. The part I find amusing is the people calling on that person. Trouble thinking or researching on your own? No offense intended, it's just funny.
edit on 12-7-2011 by notquiteright because: grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I get called in quite frequently to weather related subjects.

I dont ask for it, people just know what I do for a living. Im not saying Im smarter than anyone else here, but its highly likely I know more about weather than the average ATS member here, because its my job to know about it.

I dont see any issue with asking someone who works in that field a question, and posting it on ATS allows that information to spread to other members to help educate them as well. Seems like you are jealous OP....but meh, thats your problem...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

See i think thats the probelm here... they do know what you do for a living and thus you have an insight into things where you can throw out your thoughts...

However few people on this site are well up to date with partical physics, string theory and theoretical physics yet there has been threads that i cannot read any more due to people preaching X cant be done when there is no reasoning behind either googling it or guessing!!

I would very much like to know peoples proffessions and backgrounds, not saying you need to work at the LHC to understand physics, you might have a genuine interest... if its the case tell us... dont just through out wild theories...based on assumptions based on your unerstanding of science/space etc.

edit: to clear up.. i know people know more about things than me... but really how can you disprove things like the way an "alien" space craft floats when simpily... you know nothing of alien space crafts?
edit on 12-7-2011 by GonzoSinister because: forgot to mention

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It's not jealousy. See how many posts I have? If I wanted to be liked and loved by everyone or sung my opinions from the tops of the trees, then I would, but clearly it's not about jealousy otherwise I would act like I knew everything and would complain when everyone listened to you about weather specifics rather than myself, while I know much less than you. I never pointed to any names in my thread so if you come in here and act like I called you out then you must know exactly what I mean and were upset that in a generalization I am indeed speaking of you and others. It's funny how Phage got thrown in here without his name ever coming up in any of my ranting posts. If anyone really wants to troll this and this to become an indignant flame fest, then by all means go right the hell ahead but I wont take part. This is the Rant forum. I am venting and ranting. If you don't like what I have to say then beat it because you have a very clear choice whether or not to reply with your garbage.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Well, if you didnt wish to name anyone, then maybe it was kind of a stupid thing to bring up the WATS list, which I and phage and many others are on.

You want to do something like that, then you technically are naming people....so to me that seems like jealousy. Nice try

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

edit on 13-7-2011 by scghst1 because: I hate ATS from now on.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

Self centred ego?

Well I was speaking for everyone on that list, you're rant, as much as you are allowed to post it, takes on an attacking stance, as soon as you post anything that has something to with someones name, wether it be a list you post or someone you directly call out. Im not taking this personally, Im simply curious as to why you felt it necessary to add the list to your OP?

Sounds like jealousy to me, or maybe you might care to explain why you directed your entire OP to that list?
edit on 13/7/2011 by OzWeatherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scghst1

How is it the fault of those being called on?

I don't get it...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Ok next time I need a appendectomy, Ill go to a garbage collector to make the incision and REMOVE THE OFFENDING appendix..would hate to use a expert. ......

LOL OP what are you on about?

edit on 13-7-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Good idea Zazz

And next time someone decides to build a 150 floor office block, dont worry about hiring those "arrogant know it all engineers", lets just pull the pimply 16 year old illiterate kid from behind the counter at the nearest McDonalds, and let him have a go

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
And that is why I am refusing to come this piece of internet garbage called a forum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join