It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anonymous a false flag operation against online anonymity

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Is Anonymous a false flag operation against online anonymity? It is a fair question. Look what the agenda of Anonymous has been of late. Cyber attacks against big corporatist government contractors and banks and just about every other vested interest of the globalist elite power structure. It might seem at first blush as just the sort of people that should be targeted. The way it is playing out though is that these attacks seem to cause government and corporate interests to call for more policing of the internet, taxing of the internet, and also calling for the complete removal of anonymity from the internet.

This is not a situation that is of benefit to the people. This type of cyber terrorism is just as likely to cause our freedoms to be taken away even faster than it does at correcting any wrongs that are perceived by this group of anonymity destroying anonymites.

Is this a situation of more harm than good? I wonder.

edit on 11-7-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

It's a very confusing topic, and nobody knows for sure. but at least we know that if they do hit the killswitch, there will be riots EVERYWHERE

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lastbleedingvictim

I think that was a given before Anonymous pointed it out given recent events in the world.

edit on 12-7-2011 by wayouttheredude because: The kill switch thing

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I do not believe that if you actually took the time to research the origins of the group that you would conclude it is a false flag operation. Will the group possibly be used as a scapegoat for more censorship? In my opinion yes. The group has no real central leadership so it would be incredibly easy for the govt. to take out a site, then blame them.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have evidence to support
your theory but posting it
will do no good if it is deleted.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I tend to think not... They are waking up alot of people to the crazy crap the govt is up too... why would the govt want that?

Even if TPTB do drop the killswitch... all the zombies will turn into very pissed off people quickly...

Its not any ones fault that the govt is out to control the internet... specially not people who are willing to stand against it...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I wonder if the government just used their back door to every major telecom and internet backbone provider and reached down and grabbed all or most of these kids from their basements? I would not be surprised if they are working for them in a false flag op because they have no choice? The results are the same.

link   
I have never trusted anon. My gut feeling about them is, they are a psyops. Everyone can believe as they want to, but I have seen the govt's games before and this is just another game of theirs.

link   
I don't think it really matters what it IS, but what it's becoming.

I know people from all walks of life that are supporting them, educating themselves, and the Gay Fawkes mask is showing up everywhere.

So, IMO, just say a small group of oh, CIA ops started it in order to usher in Internet Censorship by using some convoluted means....I don't think that is what they are accomplishing.

There will be a push for it, but it would come regardless. Any country that can convince it's public to accept and thank TSA officials with hands down their pants as saving them for terrorists....would accept some censorship and Internet ID. So expect that.

But Anonymous was and is open ended. It was never a yes or no closed question, but more of a "What will you stand up for today?" Because of that, it's been mutating and gaining steam like crazy. I know housewives that certainly DO NOT work for the CIA that are pulling for them and doing what they can, because they see Monsanto as a threat to the lives and health of their families.

The big threat to what Anonymous can evolve into is the media spin. I'm not sure if there's enough smart people to resist that.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Anonymous may very well be genuine but regardless it does give government ammo to use against a free and anonymous internet. I guess only time will tell.
im still waiting for them to reset my debt so i can have a fresh start..lol

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
I tend to think not... They are waking up alot of people to the crazy crap the govt is up too... why would the govt want that?

I think back to the 70's, when the govt sent agent provocateurs on the rez to stir up crap and act like they were on our side. They sent them into Berkeley, Chicago, Ohio, etc to infiltrate the hippies and the protesters during the vietnam war. They acted like they were buddies and against the war too. They came on the rez and pretended to be on our side and working FOR us. So I think that they could easily do this online too.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i am apart of the group Anonymous everything you need to know about our detailed plan can be found here on our official website www.whatis-theplan.org...

we are not evil we are trying to make the world a better place sure some tactics we use even i do not agree with one being hacking psn i dont see why that was necessary but i believe some things are dont put us off as bad until you read our plan good day to you all

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

It is just hard to know what the truth is on this but my gut is twisting on the whole thing. It does not feel right. It is like a well constructed trap. A way to see who reacts to this stimulus and how they react. They monitor everything and can sense even keywords searched from individual IP addresses so why not play this type of event and gauge the reaction to determine weaknesses?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

A question i am glad you asked, but i cannot answer. I have asked myself the same thing.

Best i can do is try and add some information to the discussion.
Perhaps this link will help you find answers that i could not.

As for personal views, i dont trust what Anonymous has become. They talk a lot of talk to get people on thier side but in the end thier actions are immature and meaningless. Wether this was the original intent of the group or the actions of an imposter group...the lines are too blurred.
As far as government using these "incidents" to usher in changes to the internet, you can bet on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by hadriana

It is just hard to know what the truth is on this but my gut is twisting on the whole thing. It does not feel right. It is like a well constructed trap. A way to see who reacts to this stimulus and how they react. They monitor everything and can sense even keywords searched from individual IP addresses so why not play this type of event and gauge the reaction to determine weaknesses?

I can only speak from my experience and I can say that I sat in a group of housewives, mostly teachers, with their children today and the topic came up and the Monsanto focus has made them a hero to these women.
I can see the point about the backlash- and there will be backlash- but the backlash itself might only further serve to expose the corrupt.

The whole thing hinges, IMO,on the media spin and how tightly the media is able to control the story, and how tightly the US is able to control the story via social media. They won't be able to contain anonymous- it is world wide now and like I said earlier, there are people in coffee shops in small cities applauding them. (Because I know that none of these women are hackers or anything, lol.)

So IF they set the group up, they did it without putting in control structures, in fact, it looks like it was really designed from the get go by the initiators to resist a control structure- so it will go where it should go. Path of least resistance is almost a form of democracy, in a way. Interesting experiment if nothing else. I'm fascinated by that.

BUT - they might have put all their eggs in the basket of controlling the narrative- which seems to me a likely thing for the govt to do because that's been their MO for a while now.

Now say the US govt moves to implement a kill switch. What comes of it? Will the people be willing sheep? I* think not, but I don't know. They will get what they deserve.

SO, we, the people - anonymous or not- need to be THINKING and EDUCATING ourselves. Biggest problem with American public is that they are ignorant en masse. Willfully so. And that's been encouraged.
That's the bottom line to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I have evidence to support
your theory but posting it
will do no good if it is deleted.

i would REALLY like to see this evidence..

I dont think Annon is doing half of what people are claiming Annon are doing... i think you can do what you want when your scape goat is no-one and everyone at the same time.

Convince the masses you cant get rid of the infection so you need to chop off the limb (interwebs.. or at least internet based freedoms)

but yeah.. Really wanna see this evidence

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I believe his 'evidence' can be found in the HOAX forum. He is a wonderful contributor, far better than I, but there is no real evidence.

Anonymous is a loose knit group of people from the net. It started with NO political cause, and had none for years. It was a group of people hanging around the various *chans having fun. Then came the scientology raids and the rest is history.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by GonzoSinister

I believe his 'evidence' can be found in the HOAX forum. He is a wonderful contributor, far better than I, but there is no real evidence.

Anonymous is a loose knit group of people from the net. It started with NO political cause, and had none for years. It was a group of people hanging around the various *chans having fun. Then came the scientology raids and the rest is history.

See im very aware of the creation story that is script kiddes and morally backrupt *chan members... kinda why i was hoping someone had some kind of decent info behind what was actually going on here as i absolutley do not beleave Annon lulsec or any of the childish hacking groups are first capable of organising themselves into a internet based terrorist organisation or more importantly that they would be doing anything for the good of humanity, in the old days it was about lulz and personal gain (or someone elses personal loss) this just seems to good and righteous for them

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Is Anonymous a false flag operation against online anonymity? It is a fair question. Look what the agenda of Anonymous has been of late. Cyber attacks against big corporatist government contractors and banks and just about every other vested interest of the globalist elite power structure. It might seem at first blush as just the sort of people that should be targeted. The way it is playing out though is that these attacks seem to cause government and corporate interests to call for more policing of the internet, taxing of the internet, and also calling for the complete removal of anonymity from the internet.

This is not a situation that is of benefit to the people. This type of cyber terrorism is just as likely to cause our freedoms to be taken away even faster than it does at correcting any wrongs that are perceived by this group of anonymity destroying anonymites.

the case gets stronger .....

(from July 14th news releases)

www.reuters.com...

Pentagon to treat cyberspace as "operational domain"

(Reuters) - The Defense Department unveiled a new strategy for protecting military computer networks from hackers on Thursday, designating cyberspace as an "operational domain" U.S. forces will be trained to defend.

and THIS magically became news at the same time !!!!!!

Magic Files
Pentagon: 24,000 files stolen in cyber attack

The Pentagon suffered one of its largest-ever cyber thefts this spring when more than 24,000 files were stolen by a foreign government, officials disclosed on Thursday.

William Lynn, the deputy secretary of defense, said at the National Defense University in Washington that the files were stolen from a defense industry computer in a single intrusion in March..

what a miraculous surprise !

maybe all the recent "False Flag" claims are true ?

WHO are the "contractors" involved ? Hmmm

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have an eerie feeling that Anon has more planned than meets the eye.
The one thing people aren't speaking about is that Anon isn't just online. They're going to be in the streets handing out flyers and information.

The masks would fit in great for Halloween. Maybe they'll have their own "October Surprise"?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join