It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona State Sen. Lori Klein (R) points a loaded gun at a reporter!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Another personal story, of good gun handling in a very tense situation.

Same brother, this time playing the role of prankster, trying to scare my wife while I was working late one night. She used to carry a 9mm Smith and Wesson, had grown up on a farm, and had learned to be very confident with the gun after marrying me. My brother shows up and starts beating on the front door, demanding to be let in, it was 10 or 11 o'clock and we were a young couple and the neighborhood wasn't great. She didn't know it was him, but she doesn't play a victim too well. She pulls the door open, steps to the side, he walks in, she steps behind him, slams the barrel to the back of his head and demands he drop to the floor. He quickly complied and said, "Its me, xxx, its me." To which she laughed, cleared the weapon, and asked what the hell he thought he was doing? Turns out, she thought being armed and having the element of surprise was superior to being locked in the house with some unknown person trying to get in from the outside.

He didn't prank her any more after that.

Still, it was the proper use of a gun for the proper situation, and it was the safe and confident use of the gun that kept everyone safe and didn't result in any accidents. She was a 20 year old girl, and she would never have pointed the gun at anything she didn't intend to kill. It is really gun safety rule #1, and both of my boys knew it by age 2! They won't even point toy guns at one another. The first time my oldest one pointed a toy gun at the dog, I made him cry with a sad lecture about why in the world he would want to see the dog dismembered and dead? He still remembers it!
edit on 12-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Senator Klein has managed a truly remarkable thing ....

She has pissed-off both pro and anti-gun advocates in one fell swoop .

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Ouch.
Intense stuff there...but I get your point.

My kids know better than that now as well at ages 4 and 2.

Looking back at the article though it say the Senator admits she owns several guns but has only had "informal" training on gun safety....the rest she learned from her father.

It appears the root of the problem is ignorance.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Seems like it's easy to piss everyone off these days though doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I sometimes feel guilty for my strict stance with the boys on their toy gun handling. We played cowboys and indians when I was a kid. I watched the lone ranger. We even had BB gun fights in the neighborhood and I never lost an eye.

Still, I have guns in the house, and I couldn't bear to have an accident. The wife I have now is not very comfortable with the guns, and I work a lot, so I feel it is extremely important to be strict with the boys. Once in awhile it gives me mixed emotions, but I think it is best to never let them think a gun is a toy.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Senator Klein has managed a truly remarkable thing ....

She has pissed-off both pro and anti-gun advocates in one fell swoop .

That is pretty funny!

Truly remarkable indeed!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I can totally see that stance. I only keep one gun in the house and it's in a lock-box where the kids can't possibly get to it. Once they get older the box will be rotated to different locations so they never know where it is...and they will never have access to the key.

Once they are old enough, however, they will learn to use a firearm and be taught safety from every angle.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Once they are old enough, however, they will learn to use a firearm and be taught safety from every angle.

It's a crying shame that apparently Ms Kline didn't have the benefit of a father like you. Or perhaps she did and is just careless and stupid. That's my guess!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Note to Republicans

- Clint Eastwood's western movie's were awesome! We all love them. However; put your gun down. There's no banditos in town. The saloon is no more and the cattle barons are in check.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Really?

Should I waste any time in finding you all the links to modern banditos? Should I post actual, modern day links for cattle rustling? Should I post crime statistics based from your area? Should I link to my thread in the Gray area from a personal experience just about a month ago?

Or would all of that be a waste of time on you?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

There are plenty of reasons to carry a gun. Protection is definitely high on that list.

There are bad guys in the world my friend...it's not a wonderful peaceful place. And that's not a republican point of view....it's a common sense one.
edit on 12-7-2011 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by nyk537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Pfffft... Please, your attempt at partisan grandstanding has Garnered you little more than the non sequitur of the day... The members here that doth protest too much (including myself) are conservatives, libertarians, or republicans... I know it's hard to understand why people with the same ideology would smack their own, but that is what you are seeing here... It's called integrity... A characteristic long ago bred out of the twisted bloodlines of the liberal agenda.

She acted criminally, and should be punished... At a minimum, have her CCW revoked.

The bar is set...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It's called integrity... A characteristic long ago bred out of the twisted bloodlines of the liberal agenda.

That's the best thing I've read on the internet all day.

Congratulations...you win.

Award winning monkeys....they're for everyone!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
First off as a journalist, the fact that this state senator could point a loaded gun at someone and not be arrested is worrying.

What would happen if someone pointed a loaded gun at a senator?

Are there seperate laws for them and citizens, or what?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The Lone Prairie

Originally posted by spinalremain
Note to Republicans

- Clint Eastwood's western movie's were awesome! We all love them. However; put your gun down. There's no banditos in town. The saloon is no more and the cattle barons are in check.

Oh gosh, what with all the sensible, relevant comments, I almost forgot this is a political discussion forum.

Muster the Straw Man Army! Charge the Ad Hominem Cannons! Fire the Hasty Generalizations!

The grand irony is that this is a forum which, if you ever bother to read about what it's actually for, makes this particular brand of bait particularly snicker-worthy. Good luck to anyone who bites, and here's hoping you may someday choose to look beyond the self-limiting blindfold of senseless partisanship.

In the meantime, rest assured there are plenty of fellow ATSers willing to help.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Bi-partisanship at its finest!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

First off as a journalist, the fact that this state senator could point a loaded gun at someone and not be arrested is worrying.

Of course there are separate laws for the masters and the elite. That is a well know fact in all facets of society whether it be in the world of politics or even on the www. forums. Don't rock the boat and STFU.

We live in a culture of hypocrisy so blatant and pervasive that it makes me want to

edit on 12-7-2011 by whaaa because: big job code

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't care who you are - that's rule #2 of gun safety. NEVER point a weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy.

What a moron.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Point taken, but the bottom line is that you never point a gun at ANYONE, unless you intend to use it. You always assume a gun is loaded anyway, whether it is or not. This is common sense that applies to everyone, regardless of who you are.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Kinda sounds like she might be a shill for the gun control lobby. Arizona as a whole seems to be going rather insane at the present time. Anybody who knows ANYTHING about handling firearms, KNOWS, that you do not point a gun at anything you do not intend to shoot! Sounds like a Psy op to me!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join