It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona State Sen. Lori Klein (R) points a loaded gun at a reporter!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

And my great state strikes again!

2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I wonder if the reporter being a Hispanic had anything to do with this act of utter stupidity?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I wonder if the reporter being a Hispanic had anything to do with this act of utter stupidity?

I wondered about that myself...she figured she could get away with it because of the current attitude in Arizona.
Something REALLY bad is going to happen down there (again).
The vitriol is getting too high.
Out of control.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
As both a journalist and a gun owner, this is frightening to me.

First off as a journalist, the fact that this state senator could point a loaded gun at someone and not be arrested is worrying.

Secondly as a gun owner, the blatant disregard for gun safety here is just astounding! I think it really is the first thing anyone, ever, learns in a gun safety class or learning from a responsible gun owner is not to point a weapon at a fellow human being unless your life is in danger.

I am not familiar with the state gun laws in Arizona, but if the state senator needed any kind of permit to carry her gun, it should be immediately revoked until she is properly trained in safety.

Also isn't there a US law against, reckless endangerment or something? I would be pretty sure this little even counts perfectly for it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel

Originally posted by The Old American
This was highly irresponsible of her. While I'm certain the gun wouldn't have just gone off, proper gun safety and training tells you to never point a weapon at someone, loaded or not. The only time the business end gets pointed at someone is if you intend to end them. She should be charged with assault and reckless endangerment IMO.

/TOA

You got that right...she's an accident just waiting to happen
2nd line

She's an accident that ALREADY happened! Immediate recall procedures should rear its ugly head for her... soon!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
At least the people on ATS know how to handle firearms correctly.
You people constantly impress me with your knowledge, concern and sense of sharing with others.
Pointing a firearm at anyone is called brandishing and it is a felony.

She probably has a Ruger LCP .380 which is double action only, thus your trigger finger is the safety.
It's my CC piece (NOT PINK THOUGH!), a nice, light pistol. No sights to catch while drawing and rounded corners to boot.

To anyone who wants to show someone else their gun - please aim at the ground, release the clip and clear the chamber and visually inspect it before handing it to anybody.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well, it was in Arizona. She probably asked for ID and a green card after threatening him with her pink handgun.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They are obviously on edge since Jenny Jones went to the stand. The more nervous we make "them" the more mistakes "they" will make. And something to take notice of, how well did she handled the weapon? She could have hurt someone before.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Arizona is still the wild west only with air conditioning. EVERYONE carries out there. While this incident seems a bit extreme, it doesn't surprise me in the least.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It happened 2 days after Rep. Gifford was shot, kids. Put it in context.

Arizona State Sen. Lori Klein now says that pointing a loaded, rasperry-pink handgun at an Arizona Republic reporter's chest wasn't deliberate. But her side of the story doesn't align with what Richard Ruelas reported in the Republic after interviewing the lawmaker. Here's how it began: This Sunday, the newspaper published an account seemingly intended to clarify why Klein brought her handgun into the state capitol building only two days after the Tucson shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in January (her answer at the time: "I didn't think it was an issue"). During the recent interview, she brought the gun in question out from its case to show the Republic reporter, and here's what happened according to Ruelas:

"Oh, it's so cute," Klein said, as she unzipped the loaded Ruger from its carrying case to show a reporter and photographer. She was sitting on a leather couch in a lounge, just outside the Senate chamber. She showed off the laser sighting by pointing the red beam at the reporter's chest. The gun has no safety, she said, but there was no need to worry. "I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

While she should be censored for pointing a weapon at someone (I teach my son, don't point unless you're willing to shoot) let's put it in context.

She didn't just randomly pull out her piece to bust a cap in someones butt.

Poor gunmenship? Sure.

But do I have to copy/paste all the death threats brought about by progs and turn this into one of "those" threads?
I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just A Little Gunplay

Originally posted by beezzer
It happened 2 days after Rep. Gifford was shot, kids. Put it in context.

In what context would this not be grossly irresponsible?

I'm not seeing where this line of rationalization is going.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Republicans are continuing to get crazier and crazier. Pointing a gun at a journalist? Not cool man. The GOP and the tea party are systematically destroying everything this nation was founded on. Shame on them.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

She feared for her safety.
She brought a gun to work.
She showed the gun to people who asked.
She (poorly) pointed it at someone.
The someone didn't panic or hand over his wallet.

Did I miss something?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Majic

She feared for her safety.
She brought a gun to work.
She showed the gun to people who asked.
She (poorly) pointed it at someone.
The someone didn't panic or hand over his wallet.

Did I miss something?

Thank you Beezzer for always bringing common sense into the looney bin...

She didn't kill the guy folks!!!
edit on 12-7-2011 by Soldier of God because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Point And Shoot

Did I miss something?

Perhaps the fact that pointing a gun at someone is always a big deal.

Your attempts to brush that over are decidedly unconvincing.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

That statement was utter stupidity.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

You might be right, if this happened yesterday. Oh wait? 6 months ago???

That tells me that it (the story) wasn't a big deal. . . until it could be used as a "weapon".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I agree. Simply pulling out a weapon in the manner that she did would be Brandishing a Weapon. Anyone of us would be in jail for that. How come elite do not have the same rules as us.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Honestly...

This reporter should (if this did indeed happen ) file a report with either the local police, the county sheriff or the state police. In any state I'm aware of, what she "did" was felony brandishing at a minimum, with aggravated assault a definite possibility.

114 / SB 1243 / §13-421 / Defensive display of firearms protection

"Defensive display of a firearm" means: 1 - Verbally telling someone that you have a firearm or can get one; 2 - Exposing or displaying a gun in a way that a reasonable person would understand means you can protect yourself against illegal physical or deadly physical force; and 3 - Placing your hand on a firearm while it is in your pocket, purse or other means of containment or transport.

Defensive display is justified when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe physical force is immediately necessary to protect yourself against another person's use or attempted use of unlawful physical or deadly physical force. A defensive display is not required before using or threatening physical force, in a situation where you would be justified in using or threatening physical force.

Defensive display is not justified if you intentionally provoke the other person, or if you use a firearm in the commission of a serious offense or violent crime (defined in §13-706 and §13-901.3).

This important new law clarifies that a proper defensive reach for or announcement of firearm possession is an acceptable element in the continuum of self defense, and should not be charged as a crime. Improper display of a firearm can be anything from a class 1 misdemeanor (e.g., disorderly conduct) to a class 3 felony (e.g., aggravated assault). It also helps balance out the problematic and arbitrary "threatening exhibition" of a gun allegation that prosecutors can make in charging a felony as a "dangerous offense" (§13-702 and 704). The threat of this extra charge can be used to coerce a plea agreement, and now this is balanced with a specified stipulation of proper display of a gun without firing at a potential assailant.

www.gunlaws.com...

Once he files a report and if there are any charges, goodbye CCW, and upon conviction hello hoosegow...

She has no business carrying... A zippered case for Pete's sake... She has to be a politician because she too stupid to be anything else... Sheriff Joe... Where art thou?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
her last name is klein. in ARIZONA??? zog is everywhere.

anyways, with a last name like that, she has nothing to worry about. i bet she gets a tv show out of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join