It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona State Sen. Lori Klein (R) points a loaded gun at a reporter!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In a bizarre incident Arizona State Sen. Lori Klien (R) points a loaded .380 Ruger at a journalist!

www.huffingtonpost.com... 218652

This should not be allowed, no State legistator shall ever point a loaded gun at anyone, expecially a reporter. She deserved to be censured and stripped of her seat. This is really dispicable.
edit on 11-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I agree. Most of those idiots think they're above the law! Unless the reporter committed an act of aggression towards the senator. . .then it could be justified.
I will admit that I don't want to read the actual article. . .but instead just choose to be angry at the government, especially senators. . .I'm so angry, my Frosted Flakes don't even taste right!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Un-be-flippin-lievable!

Oh sure, she made her point.

That point being she is a complete and utter moron. And she's allowed to vote on policy decisions in AZ?

Jumpin' Jeebus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Off Target

Depending on the circumstances, pointing a firearm at someone in anything other than self-defense, loaded or not, finger on the trigger or not, is probably a crime, and possibly a felony.

As described in the articles, Senator Klein's actions definitely violated well-established gun safety practices in addition to probably violating state law, and the incident should be investigated by law enforcement.

Meanwhile, in the interest of public safety, it would be wise for Senator Klein to better educate herself on proper handling of a firearm before she gets herself or somebody else killed.

Absolute madness.
:shk:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Surprised she is allowed to carry it into the capital.

Ruelas revealed that during the peaceful conversation in the state Senate lounge, Klein pulled her .380 Ruger handgun and pointed at his chest as some kind of demonstration – while he never asked her to demonstrate anything.

www.jtribune.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

The way I see it no legislator anywhere in America should be allowed to carry any firearm into any chamber.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.
"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

With a statement like that it is clear this lady should not own a firearm let alone handle one.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Definitely a idiot who will do more harm to those who support gun rights than help.

"Isn't it cute?" W...T...F!

I would say, what the hell was she thinking, but obviously, she wasn't.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Mmmm.... Frosted Flakes....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Maybe someone should point their weiner at her. Isn't pointing a gun an offensive and threatening display? I would unzip my pants and pee on her.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil3unnie

Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.

With a statement like that it is clear this lady should not own a firearm let alone handle one.

If my memory serves correct but isn't a firearm without a safety considered to be illegal also isn't it illegal to sell a firearm without a safety?

edit on 12-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Maybe someone should point their weiner at her. Isn't pointing a gun an offensive and threatening display? I would unzip my pants and pee on her.

That's funny.

That is your pistol, this is my gun!

AH! Crap Lady don't shoot!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Nah, she'd probally try to get you charged with committing an act of bioterrorism and felony assault.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I would say self defense; she pointed the gun at me first. I had to point back with what I had.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They are losing thier minds down there in Arizona. I have been keeping up on this thing in Quartzite as well.
She could have killed him By ACCIDENT, especially if there was really no safety.
Something is wrong with this gal..she shouldn't be in possession of a firearm. In most places I would imagine that she (if she were a regular citizen) could be charged with brandishing.
Looks like more bad stuff to come in AZ - that place is getting truly outta control.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

If my memory serves correct but isn't a firearm without a safety considered to be illegal also isn't it illegal to sell a firearm without a safety?

No, a firearm without a safety is not illegal. I have a Sig P250 that has no safety, but it really doesn't need one because of the way it fires (you'd have to see it to know what I mean). I, even as an owner and gun enthusiast, don't personally like them without a safety (I have a son and it's the responsible parent in me coming out) but if you have half a brain, unlike this Klein bobblehead, your safety mechanism is training with the firearm daily.

This was highly irresponsible of her. While I'm certain the gun wouldn't have just gone off, proper gun safety and training tells you to never point a weapon at someone, loaded or not. The only time the business end gets pointed at someone is if you intend to end them. She should be charged with assault and reckless endangerment IMO.

Edit to add: A firearm without a safety is not illegal in most states. I know it isn't in Texas, and likely isn't in Arizona. Some states may have that requirement.

/TOA
edit on 12-7-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

No, a firearm without a safety is not illegal. I have a Sig P250 that has no safety, but it really doesn't need one because of the way it fires (you'd have to see it to know what I mean). I, even as an owner and gun enthusiast, don't personally like them without a safety (I have a son and it's the responsible parent in me coming out) but if you have half a brain, unlike this Klein bobblehead, your safety mechanism is training with the firearm daily.

This was highly irresponsible of her. While I'm certain the gun wouldn't have just gone off, proper gun safety and training tells you to never point a weapon at someone, loaded or not. The only time the business end gets pointed at someone is if you intend to end them. She should be charged with assault and reckless endangerment IMO.

Edit to add: A firearm without a safety is not illegal in most states. I know it isn't in Texas, and likely isn't in Arizona. Some states may have that requirement.

/TOA

Thank you for bieng a responsible gun owner and wish that there were more like you and for being grounded firmly in reality, logic and common sense.

The q reamins is would you ever go out into public with your Sig in tow and the likely answer from you would be a resounding no!

See, another thing we found common ground on, it is possible! YAY! Star for you!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

/TOA

You got that right...she's an accident just waiting to happen
2nd line

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

/TOA

Thank you for bieng a responsible gun owner and wish that there were more like you and for being grounded firmly in reality, logic and common sense.

The q reamins is would you ever go out into public with your Sig in two and the likely answer from you would be a resounding no!

I do have a CCW (concealed carry permit) but ATM my Sig stays in my house. I don't currently feel threatened enough in Mayberry...er...my home town to feel I need to carry it around with me.
I mainly got the permit because that's the only way Texas allows me to exercise my right to own and bear arms.

But rest assured I would use every other tactic in the book I could think of before ever drawing it on someone. The only time my firearm would be present is if I intended to use it, and heaven forbid I ever have to. I'm an excellent shot and the ending of that encounter would be horrible.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Wow, clearly was not thinking in a rational manner...

not only going to ruin her reputation but very threatening.

Don't try to make a point like that!

edit on 12-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join