It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jihad is in full swing, id say were already loosing. Religion of peace?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

This isnt about how the bibles better than the qua'raan, why is that aways the first defence?

Second, once again, your misinterpreting quotes. The bible NEVER SPEAKS TO ALL CHRISTIANS TO CODONE VIOLENCE. The first quote you speak of is speaking specifically to one group of people in a certain situation. Basically it said the lord knew how they were murdered and ambushed so to ambush them back to take back the city. Again, ONE CERTAIN SITUATION as the bible says "thou shalt not murder" "to lie in ambush and wait to plan to kill ie a terrible sin". Murder is never okay in the bible, the qua'raan speaks to ALL muslims. Next about gays, your quoting ALL FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT. Modern christians DO NOT follow the old testament. The new testament tells us not to persecute based on orientation, beleifs etc.

The dictionary definition of Jihad says : holy war in which is used to spread islam

However, jihad is used in different ways in the qua'raan. For example, theres a verse that says respect your parents but if they try to impose jihad upon you with a false god, do not turn away from them. This is different than a war,but still has the obvious meaning behind jihad- to spread a beleif. When the qua-raan speaks aboit "the jihad" however, its talking about spreading islam itself. VERY RARELY can it be interpreted as the meaning you are speajing of. The ROOT ARABIC WORD OF JIHAD, JUHUD MEANS TO EXERT EFFORT OR FORCE.

If you knew how a dictionary was created and how they get their difinitions, you would realize that you just got proven very wrong.

edit on 13-7-2011 by iBleedSovietR3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mujobektashi

here's something to chew on:

who is the accuser? (hint: satan)
what does the law do? (hint: accuses you)
what does jesus do? (hint: removes your case from the court room and stands in your stead)
what do other people say about jesus? (hint: he's accused of pretty much everything. it's really quite amazing when you think about it. )

edit on 13-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iBleedSovietR3D

No, it's about spreading hate and fear.

Dude, wright or wrong, I will continue to preach love and understanding (I am not a christian, or a muslim, far from it)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Originally posted by undo
CLARIFICATION: The War in Iraq is NOT a christian crusade. This is how we were all manipulated.

Agreed.

Our crusade in Iraq and Afghanistan is based upon western civilization versus radical religious philosophy. Bush only used the term 'crusade' because Islam understood it fundamentally.

When Bush was trying to gather support for the wars, he used religious terminology to appeal to a larger population. Even though Islam and Christianity had history, Bush was trying to use the distrust to wage war.

Now, the world has an issue with both Islam and Christianity.

Radical and intense Christianity died out in the 15th century.

Radical and intense Islam is present in the world today.

As one religious group (Christianity) struggles to evolve through tolerance, the other struggles for complete world dominance (Islam). Both religious groups have radical offshoots, but only one of them is trying to make serious changes.

If it wasn't for Catholicism's sex scandals, I think Christianity would have been in a better position. Catholicism may need to extend an olive branch, so that the humbled side of Islam can shake off radical extensions.

Lead by example and not through force.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Its very amazing, thats why i beleive in jesus as a muslim. I believe in jesus chirst, does that make me a chirstian no, because chirst didnt preach religion, that came after he left for heaven, why do i call my self a muslim then if i believe in chirst because islam tells me that he is the one man full of the holy spirit who will come back and claim his people one day, to me islam is not a religion even though it has been turned into a religion by people who want to profit from it, christanity isnt and shouldnt be a religion it is faith in chirst and his teachings. I agree with you and your posts friend, because its seems like they are coming from a level minded person whos heart and faith is in the good of all things. I like that you said satan is the enemy because that is the only enemy we all have, no matter which way you chose to beleive in god satan is the only enemy. Not my catholic neighbor who goes to mass saturday nighs or my jewish neighbor who goes to the temple or my muslim parents who pray 5 times a day, our enemy is the idea we get to hate things that is given to us by satan and his sin.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
islam is a day and night cult that was created by culture engineers to foster a particular climate for social alchemy.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
islam is a day and night cult that was created by culture engineers to foster a particular climate for social alchemy.

prove it. i want to see your research.
don't just drop a bomb shell like that and walk away.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

extremists exist in every group, still today people kill in the name of chirst and the bible, nazi groups, the oklahoma city bombings were gone by a chirstain extremist. The same goes for islamic extremists.

I think we are missing the point to this whole thing. I have a pretty good idea why, the reason people in america think islam is so bad is because the media keeps telling us this, and in the middle east and islamic nations their media tells them chirstianity is evil, so we are just being brain washed by media.

I my self am from bosnia, i have lost many family memebers during the genocide. In my war it was catholics and chirtians mass murdering muslim families. I cant even begin to tell you how many americans i ran into that never heard of it, and over 200,000 died or are still missing during my war. Bosnia, Serbis, and Croatia border eachother and still the bosnian muslims were told the chirtians were bad and the serbs were told the muslims were bad whih made it easier for our people to hate eachother. Now in this case there was a genocide and people were killed, but i didnt come away hating everyone thats not a muslim i wansnt raised that way. I truely beleive if people sat down and talk to each other and learn from each other instead of listen to the media and all this blah blah bs we would have a different view of this world.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

prove it. i want to see your research.
don't just drop a bomb shell like that and walk away.

I can't prove it to you, you need to learn and think for yourself. The popular religions are nothing more than psychic containers, engineered by people whose task it was to implant and impart myth and iconic history upon a population.. building a chemical compound so to speak that will be of use later.

These psychic containers, people pour themselves into them to be used by social alchemists. Though you cannot believe it, it is true.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I truely beleive if people sat down and talk to each other and learn from each other instead of listen to the media and all this blah blah bs we would have a different view of this world.

you got that right! the only problem is, to the extent the media is used to fashion public opinion, it also can be used to inform the people of what is happening in the world. so it's toss up, a 50-50 chance you might learn something important vs. you might be further brainwashed. and it's just that specter of not knowing that makes the whole thing uncomfortable.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

that's not a sufficient answer. i said prove it, not tap dance. lol sorry but i study ancient religions ALOT. as in, a l o t. and their artforms, architecture, anthropology, etymology of their languages, the way things have evolved over time, translation bias, critical papers, on and on and on and ON. and i want to see your evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

i agree religion is used for evil and to control the people, but faith is far more strogner than religion, like i said religion is man made, faith in god and the good of god and the love we are supposed to have is not religion. If people follow the teachings of the messages given to us by god, instead fall under the influence of the false teachers of those messages we would be better off. Digging that qoute on your sign off by the way

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I truely beleive if people sat down and talk to each other and learn from each other instead of listen to the media and all this blah blah bs we would have a different view of this world.

you got that right! the only problem is, to the extent the media is used to fashion public opinion, it also can be used to inform the people of what is happening in the world. so it's toss up, a 50-50 chance you might learn something important vs. you might be further brainwashed. and it's just that specter of not knowing that makes the whole thing uncomfortable.

the major imams are all intelligence operatives, you cannot "sit and talk". They are the ones who sit and talk and make law; instill ideal and provoke action.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

this is your area of studies, your thoughts on religion being mad made?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

that's not a sufficient answer. i said prove it, not tap dance. lol sorry but i study ancient religions ALOT. as in, a l o t. and their artforms, architecture, anthropology, etymology of their languages, the way things have evolved over time, translation bias, critical papers, on and on and on and ON. and i want to see your evidence.

some things can't be proved, but i can tell you for certain that the religious memetics of today and at least 4000 years back are wholly engineered by societal magi.

use your brain, the priest class..

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

we boycot main stream religion then, bring in a new era of people who work together and dont fallow the rules imaam counciles and parish commities make up to run us

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mujobektashi
reply to post by undo

this is your area of studies, your thoughts on religion being mad made?

religion, yes. belief, no.
does that make sense? religion is a social construct that takes advantage of belief and uses it to benefit the society it serves ( et.al, the members of the religion). but the church is a spiritual body that isn't in 3d space and has at its head, jesus christ not the preacher or pope or imam or rabbi (unless you count jesus as rabbi hehe)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

text sources then! word definitions? anything!? books? Critical papers? gosh.
societal magi. define, if you will, the purest translation you have (as it applies to your statement) of the word magi. and by purest, i mean, not diluted

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

purest definition would be
magi = persian sorcerer; sourcerer; scientist

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

purest definition would be
magi = persian sorcerer; sourcerer; scientist

interesting that you get scientist out of the word sorcery. from my translations i've found the word to apply to the practice of rituals while under the influence of mind altering substances.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join