It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jihad is in full swing, id say were already loosing. Religion of peace?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mehforfun

agreed. i think the issue here is in the usa, christians have typically been retrained to be tolerant of something other than christianity (in the general public). whereas in most muslim countries and in the religion itself, the more moderate sects are ending up being brow beaten and threatened into supporting the fanatics. also, as with any cultural norm, birds of a feather at least remotely similar, tend to flock together and so if faced with supporting a drastically different world view vs. one that at least has the same holy book, well ya see how that works don't ya? that'd be like expecting christians from one sect to not support christians of another sect, particularly fanatical ones, if the remaining choice was completely the opposite of the teachings of christianity.
edit on 13-7-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We always assume religion has killed many people throughout history, which is true, but remember dude, there was an Islamic Golden Age for about 500 years, which pretty much gave rise to majority of the science that is being researched today, now us Muslims are living in the darkness.

Even from the first verse of all the verses you posted, you missed verse 190, in which it says, GOD DOES NOT LOVE TRANSGRESSORS, once you understand the context, then you get the idea where its coming from. I am no religious myself, but you have to understand that you have to do some research.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Divide and conquer, soon we all will be wishing we had not been blinded by hate or lack of understanding the true threat to what we take for granted.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
duplicate post

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
there's a teaching in the new testament (the christian part of the bible) that discusses the new covenant, which basically says that all people are equal in god's sight, male, female, jew or gentile, free or bond. if we just stuck to that one teaching, the world would be good. but we can't because some people think that jesus was a fairy tale. and others think he was based on some other guy who lived a thousand years before him. how they can believe that and then state with something approaching actual biblical knowledge, that the catholic church wrote it, makes me wonder why if they wrote it, they still treat jews differently than gentiles and still treat women different than men and slaves different than free people. when ya figure that out, let me know will ya.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by iBleedSovietR3D

trolling?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse

I want to make a thread attacking the Crusade in the Middle-East.
Whats the Difference between Radical Christians and Radical Muslims. Not too much.

Spin.... Spin... Spin....

What is the difference between the Christian Crusades and Muslim Jihad?
Christian Crusades ended in the 15th century. Muslim Jihads happen everyday. As one religious group (Christians) grew and learned from their mistakes, the other religious group (Muslims) turned their war into a never ending conquest.

Second, the Christian Crusades were against Muslims and Greek Orthodox Christians.

Keep in mind that -- If it was not for Catholicism and Christianity, the remnants of the Roman Empire would have been in ash. Christianity saved Europe from total extinction. United States would not exist without Christianity and Jewish influence.

edit on 7/13/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

oh don't be telling people that! some already think the usa is the beast/whore of revelation even though it says the whore is a religious city and the beast is the political power the whore rides on. that's CITY not nation. (that's political power in the CITY the whore rides on...as in city, not nation.) did i mention city?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Lol...

Shhh...

Oxygen (religion) is everywhere.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

trolling?

STAR for you.

now lets see how many other bright sparks we have on this thread.

edit on 13-7-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

only one city on earth has had the power to be both the religious and political hub of the world, and it has been so for about 3000 years. people who point fingers at other nations instead of that great city that rules over the KINGS of the earth, are wearing blinders. not saying other nations (afterall, it says KINGS OF THE EARTH, and doesn't make distinctions, which should scare everybody) aren't being manipulated by that great city (cause they are), just pointing out the actual words of the text vs what some propaganda site says.

by the way, did i mention city?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
FIrst of all friend Jihad is a spiritual war. No where in th q'uran does it say for muslims to use force and voilence to spread the islamic faith. All the that is said that allah will stirke down the non-believers and send them to the the pits of fire. If im correct it says the same thing in the bible and torah. The Haddith is not equal or ever be equal to the q'uran. There is only one q'uran and that book governs the relgious laws of islam. Along with the injeel(Holy Bible), Tawrat(Torah), and the psalms of david. Read the q'uran buddy. Dont just copy and past certain things you have read somewhere else to make a non violant book seem violent. Islam preaches that moses gave people the law, and jesus brought clear signs and non-believers rejected those signs. Islam is not a religion. It tells you thats its just the faith of bowing down to god. Allah is the arabic word for god. Catholics, christains, and jews all call God Allah in the middle east. Islam clearly teaches you to learn from the book(Bible) and all other writtings sent to us by god to bring us back to him. The sooner people realize that religion is man made and is used to seperate us, divide us and conqure us, the sooner we will realize that faith is what should drive us and that we all believe in one god, no matter how many millions of names he has all around the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mujobektashi

what's the life expectancy and quality of life of jews and christians in muslim countries? cause i know it's not too good for muslims and christians in israel either. i figure, old testament ways are well, still old covenant and old covenant was pretty harsh.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Your twisting the words of the qua'raan to say fitna means persecution?
Thats absoloutly incorrect and I have no idea who told you that.
fitna means "testing or trial". Now instead of turning the word into prosecution people, everywhere hes put "dissention" in his quotes in place of "fitnah", replace that with "testing or trial" and the true meaning comes out.
this guy knows next to nothing about Islam, or just has terrible interoretation skills.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The whole premis of your thread is built on a foundation of missunderstanding.

Jihad - Struggle.

Internal struggle, this is your faith
Externall Struggle - this is the struggle to improve your society/group
Struggle to defend Islam.

Note the word DEFEND!!

And with so many American, British, Australian etc troups on their lands they have a lot of defending to do.

For every quote you have made here from the Koran, there is a matching quote in the Bible which tells good Christians to murder or cut off hands or poke out eyes etc. Instructions about what women may or may not do without incuring rath. Instructions to kill the gays, the non beleivers etc.

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God..." (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass." (I Samuel 15:2-3)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. (Leviticus 20:13)

The LORD is a man of war. (Exodus 15:3)

So get off your morral high ground. It is your sort of misinformation which breeds hate, and we ahev quite enough of that already thank you.

I leave you withh this:

Number of Cruel or Violent Passages
Bible 1214
Quran 527

Source... Dwindling In Unbelief
edit on 13-7-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
CLARIFICATION: The War in Iraq is NOT a christian crusade. This is how we were all manipulated.

1. First, as a result of 9-11, we were told they were gonna go get Osama.
2. Everyone agreed. Even the UN (surprisingly).
3. It is here that Bush appeals to the christian and religious base of the usa by mentioning God. This makes it appear as if we are going to Afghanistan on a religious crusade, which everybody and his uncle knows was not the case.
4. Then, once US troops are all over there, he switches it to Iraq. and it starts growing outwards from there. And the whole time it's being presented as a christian crusade against a muslim jihad.
5. Meanwhile, back in the states, more than half the country is in an uproar. They want the troops to come home and stop using our people as ducks in a shooting gallery for the enforcement and spreading of democracy (read mob rule) all over the freakin planet.

See the problem with mob rule is, 51% can completely vote away your rights as a human being, as they were given to you by God Almighty. (which, if you're into social restructuring, on a global scale, means you better know how to convince people to follow your plans or they will vote away your rights next. the public is a fickle thing, swayed like wheat in the wind. And it is absolutely essential that you convince as many as possible that there is no God so you can then ignore the God given rights of each and every person on the planet. Oh folks, this ain't looking good)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
[more
actually i have read a goof bit of the qua'raan or else I wouldnt even know about the Jihad or its ways. There are a few parts of the qua'raan where the jihad is interpreted as inner spiritual struggle but 85% of the time
It means a holy war to spread islam. The merriam webster dictionary definition:
"Holy war in order to spread Islam"
The qua'raan states there are to be three Jihads, and the third will be the final with the entire world becoming Islam. Guess what. Their have been two previous Jihads. This is the final.
im so sick of uneducated people peoplecoming on here saying that I dont know hat the jihad is blah blah blah. There is only one truth here and i am right, you are wrong. Im guessing its YOU who has not read the quaran.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
old covenant is very harsh, and the life expectancy for all of us is going to be low if we keep having posts and news reports just bashing one anohter. We believe in the same god, and that one god keeps telling us to love one another. He keeps telling us that he will forgive us for our sins. Even as a muslim i beleive that jesus is coming back on the judgement day. I believe it beacuse it's the one of the many constants and truths in all 3 of the major holy books. The onyl thing im getting at is people need to open not just their minds but hearts, we all know whats wrong and whats right. If we have true faith, and if we believe in god and the messages he sent us through people like abraham, moses, jesus, and muhamed then we would all be living a better life. BUT im not upset with people for thinking the way they do because it's not thier fault. I have negative thoughts my self and its not my fault. Its sin. One of the greatest things i have ever read or heard in my life comes from Romans 7 (7-25)

"7 What should we say then? That the law is sin? Not at all! I wouldn't have known what sin was unless the law had told me. The law said, "Do not want what belongs to other people."If the law hadn't said that, I would not have known what it was like to want what belonged to others. 8 But the commandment gave sin an opportunity. Sin caused me to want all kinds of things that belonged to others. No one can break a law that doesn't exist.
9 Before I knew about the law, I was alive. But then the commandment came. Sin came to life, and I died. 10 I found that the commandment that was supposed to bring life actually brought death. 11 When the commandment gave sin the opportunity, sin tricked me. It used the commandment to put me to death. 12 So the law is holy. The commandment also is holy and right and good.13 Did what is good cause me to die? Not at all! Sin had to be recognized for what it really is. So it produced death in me through what was good. Because of the commandment, sin became totally sinful.14 We know that the law is holy. But I am not. I have been sold to be a slave of sin. 15 I don't understand what I do. I don't do what I want to do. Instead, I do what I hate to do. 16 I do what I don't want to do. So I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, I am no longer the one who does these things. It is sin living in me that does them.18 I know there is nothing good in my sinful nature. I want to do what is good, but I can't. 19 I don't do the good things I want to do. I keep on doing the evil things I don't want to do. 20 I do what I don't want to do. But I am not really the one who is doing it. It is sin living in me.21 Here is the law I find working in me. When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 Deep inside me I find joy in God's law. 23 But I see another law working in the parts of my body. It fights against the law of my mind. It makes me a prisoner of the law of sin. That law controls the parts of my body.24 What a terrible failure I am! Who will save me from this sin that brings death to my body? 25 I give thanks to God. He will do it through Jesus Christ our Lord.So in my mind I am a slave to God's law. But in my sinful nature I am a slave to the law of sin."

The only reson i ever got to read something so great was because when i was growing up and people in my country were teaching me the true islamic ways they told me the quran tells us only way to have true faith and know allah is to read the messages he has sent us prior to the quran. The quran just brings us back to whats supposed to be simple. Love for your brothers and sister, and mastering your self, and submitting your self to god. Same principals of the old jewish ways, and the same teachings that chirst brought us.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

no where does it say to spread through violence. Im guessing you read the translated version. Can you read arabic? Do you know arabic? Do you know any other languages besides english. How many things have been and can be traslated in the wrong ways. The english language doesnt have words to translate certain things in certain languages, and vise versa. So translation is lost because the closest word to the true meaning of the word is used. Like i said before and i blame false teachers of islam for this misunderstandning because they are the ones who translate the quran. Islam is not a religion, its a way of life "submission to allah(GOD)" Something that all the religions preach. None-believers are people who and i repeat who do not believe in the injeel(bible) Turat(Torah) and psalms by david, those people are concidered none-believers, the people of the book and followers of moses are all concidered believers.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iBleedSovietR3D
[more
actually i have read a goof bit of the qua'raan or else I wouldnt even know about the Jihad or its ways. There are a few parts of the qua'raan where the jihad is interpreted as inner spiritual struggle but 85% of the time
It means a holy war to spread islam. The merriam webster dictionary definition:
"Holy war in order to spread Islam"
The qua'raan states there are to be three Jihads, and the third will be the final with the entire world becoming Islam. Guess what. Their have been two previous Jihads. This is the final.
im so sick of uneducated people peoplecoming on here saying that I dont know hat the jihad is blah blah blah. There is only one truth here and i am right, you are wrong. Im guessing its YOU who has not read the quaran.

I'm almost certain you won't beleive this, but....

Tomorrow I am going into town with my wife to shop. She needs shoes. Seriosly! And there is a shop I just discovered online which sells English foods here in Melbourne and I want to get some goodies. Anyway, I digress, mind all over the place tonight! lol

While I am in town I will pop into one of the larger bookshops (Or 2, even 3 if required) and purchase and start reading the Koran. I have been meaning to for ages.

Now, the reason I mention your post is not because I harbour any dissbeleif, but because I am intregued. I have spoken about this subject with many people, many of whom also proclaim to have read the book. And I have heard as many different opinions as people I have spoken to - many of which would strongly dissagree with you.

So, you post is perhaps the straw that broke the camels back, to use an almost offensive saying, given the area of discussion. I have to read it and add 1 more opinion to the chaos of missunderstanding which seems to be running our world today.
edit on 13-7-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join