It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO from a time lapse video in Joshua Tree

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Look at the bottom left around 31 seconds in. It looks like something shoots into or out of the sky you can even see the smoke trail. There is also a flash on the tree right before you can see it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Wow, that was trippy... Ima have to watch that over and over, good catch

Hope to see up on the boards!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JusticeJon99

Welcome to ATS.
Glad you decided to join.

Why not tell us a little about yourself

edit on Tue Jul 12 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Welcome aboard amigo,

I am familiar with that video but missed that ufo and smoke trail at 31 secs so thanks for pointing it out. I have seen so many amazing videos from Joshua Tree Park, it looks like a truly beautiful place.

I just posted a video from the same place in this post but decided to remove it as this is introductions and i didn't want to take away from your video.

I shall make a thread on it at some point in the near future. Again welcome to ats, enjoy the ride.

Peace

edit on 11-7-2011 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I see what you are talking about...

At first glance, it looks like an object entering the atmosphere at a sharp angle, then making a sharp turn...

After watching it over and over again, it starts to look like a meteor breaking thru the atmosphere , then breaking up into dust... the time-lapse makes the movement appear to move to the left... imo...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Very nice find...

I have watched this video several times in the past and never had seen that.

Very good eye..

Thank you for posting that.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Greetings and welcome:

That was one of the things that we missed on the way in - the intro thread.

Just jumped right in, it was wet.

Nice, and thanks for sharing.

Here are some screen shots of a few things around the 31 mark.

Hope these help.

Last photo = strange anomaly at the very end of the bright "shooting star" when it "transforms energy?"

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by thorfourwinds

Thanks for posting those photos for some reason I couldnt watch the video on mobile. Maybe theres a conspiracy there? Joking.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

About the last photo, I noticed that too. Maybe it was a meteorite entering our atmosphere?
I noticed a streak of light and then the "poof"

Welcome to ATS, OP!
Nice catch

edit on 11-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

Greetings:

The last photo is a millisecond after the one above it.

The "streak" transforms into this "shape."

Plasma?

It "almost" has hazily defined edges... ?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Greetings:

More food for thought.

Mayhaps we're looking too hard, but it is still puzzling.

Light generally travels in a straight line, n'est pas?

What makes "jogs" at light speed?

Is this a good catch - or what?

It appears to go around the object in front...

What makes jogs at light speed?

Again a freeze frame from the end of the streak of light...

A triangle ship de-cloaking?

Now it gets interesting.

We'll bring this to the attention of "The Team" to further test the theory.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I will give you a quick summary of what I see in those images.

First, the video in question was obviously using a "long exposure" time. That means the "shutter" on the camera was left open for long periods of time, and light was allowed to collect on the film or CCD. This is usually done when people want to take pictures of the stars. It allows the light from the stars to "bake" onto the film or CCD and become more visible.

Second, some of those streaks of light are most likely normal aircraft lights, and because of the long exposure they show up as long trails. Click here for some examples of aircraft images taken with long exposure times (slow shutter). On some of the images you can see a dotted red line, that is caused by blinking aircraft lights over a long exposure. A lot of the streaks are also meteors, and or illuminated bugs.

Third, some of the streaks of light seem to have bends in them (not a straight line). Sometimes during a light exposure to a camera, if the camera shakes even the slightest, it will cause some long exposure streaks to appear to curve or bend. Or, the object itself changed directions during the exposure. I think what you see is an illuminated bug, and or aircraft that changed course during the exposure.

Watch this video of long exposures of bugs:
vimeo.com...

Fourth, some of your images have "long exposure ghosting". The only way to describe this is by thinking in layers. Normally cameras take pictures with fast shutter speeds (short exposure times). This allows 1 layer of light to hit the film or CCD in the camera. The resulting image is a normal image. However, when you double the exposure time, that allows 2 layers of light to hit the film or CCD. If the scenery stayed the same then the resulting image would just appear brighter and more vibrant because the layers are stacked on top of each other and added together (makes dark objects easier to see). However, if something changed in the scenery, for example a man was visible on the first layer, but moved out of view on the second layer, then the man would appear like a ghost because the second layer is on top of the first layer and whatever was behind the man is now visible on top of the man. It makes him look transparent. Click here to see a few examples of "long exposure ghosting".

If you triple the exposure time, it allows 3 layers of light. If you quadruple the exposure time, it allows 4 layers of light.... etc.. If the scenery changes, or the camera moves slightly, this causes "ghosting" of the things that changed because the multiple layers are stacked on top of those changes. That causes a lot of interesting effects that people don't understand.

Summary... All I see in the images are common effects that happen during long exposure camera shots. The streaks of light could be anything from aircraft, to satellites, to meteors, to illuminated bugs, and the anomalies you see are all caused by long exposure times (slow shutter speeds).

edit on 13-7-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Greetings:

Thank you. (We also like your new avatar.)

As always, on target and understandable.

We knew that there was a "reasonable" explanation; after all, what craft can make 90-degree turns at speed...?

Than should open the door for believers to post new info.

Let's see it!

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

top topics

join