It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a baby! ONLY $30,000 USD each.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
She does not pocket it then go on some island getaway after giving birth.

Right... the lawyer gets to do that.

So what?
It is a legal arrangement. What happens if they take the baby home and the birth mother decides she wants her baby back!? Where is their protection against her coming and taking it? Without a lawyer and laws on their side, they can lose the baby.

However, maybe that is how they want to live. Taking the baby home, getting to know it and forever wondering if that knock on the door means them losing the little life they have come to know and love.

Laws and lawyers are not always the big bad meanies that everything thinks they are.

edit on July 11th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

I'm so glad I'm not living 100 years ago; oh wait I wouldn't have survived my daughter's birth. Like has been stated previously not all birth are routine and easy. So, for those of you lucky enough to have easy routine births count your blessings.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

We live in a modern world. Not 100 years ago. We live in a world where mothers who are high risk can survive and babies that may have died 100 years ago, survive.

But hey, to each their own. If one wants to birth at home for next to nothing, they can. But do not criticize those who chose to live with modern conveniences.

"the United States has the most intense and widespread medical management of birth" in the world, and yet "ranks near the bottom among industrialized countries in maternal and infant mortality."

Pushed, Jennifer Block

have a read,

Sri Oracle
edit on 11-7-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes

I'm so glad I'm not living 100 years ago; oh wait I wouldn't have survived my daughter's birth. Like has been stated previously not all birth are routine and easy. So, for those of you lucky enough to have easy routine births count your blessings.

eh so what. you would have died. your life means nothing. big deal. at least there was no capitalism for you to be forced into

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This site reports an article that says that the average cost of giving birth in the USA is a litltle under 9000 $. Link
That is quite a bit of money, but seems to be still cheaper than adoption, which is disappointing. There are so many kids out there that need a home... and probably a lot of people that would be good parents, even though they may not be able to afford to jump through the hoops of the adoption process.

I also think it is interesting that none of the money goes to the birth mom. (From the OP's link, there is a sentence which says it is illegal to pay a birth parent for a child, and I assume that it is a straight-forward sentence and I am not misinterpreting it). I mean, I understand why people would be against folks selling their babies, but I also find it interesting that adoption is so expensive, yet none of the money goes to the mom.

(I am NOT saying people should be able to sell their kids, but just that I think it is interesting.)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The US national average is 24% vaginal births.

At "The Farm" 1970-2000 Ina May averaged 98.6% vaginal births.

The Farm Midwifery Center has been able to maintain extremely low rates of medical intervention with consistently good birth outcomes for nearly four decades

en.wikipedia.org...

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

and you have no idea what your chances of
survival would have been using an experienced
mid-wife. You just swallowed what the doctor
fed you.

Let's all humble and bow down to the doctor
that charged you waaaaaay more than he should
cuz he made you think he saved your life.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

To be clear; it wasn't the birth itself that caused the issues it was the internal organs not working that caused the issues and you "Farm" would not have been sufficient. I do not judge your way thank you for not judging mine.

Apparently it's fine with some if women die needlessly in childbirth or while pregnant.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The US national average is 24% vaginal births.
At "The Farm" 1970-2000 Ina May averaged 98.6% vaginal births.

Oracle, you can't put out those kind of
great statistics else mothers might
realize how they were ripped off
by the medical establishment.

98.6% vaginal births is better than
98% of professional hospitals with
doctors who went to school for 8+
yrs.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Too bad they weren't Saudi Arabian...

They could just pick from a catalog...

And then of course throw them into a hole if they were not happy with them...

After, that is,.. they molest, rape, and torture them...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

She does not pocket it then go on some island getaway after giving birth.

Right... the lawyer gets to do that.

So what?
It is a legal arrangement. What happens if they take the baby home and the birth mother decides she wants her baby back!? Where is their protection against her coming and taking it? Without a lawyer and laws on their side, they can lose the baby.

However, maybe that is how they want to live. Taking the baby home, getting to know it and forever wondering if that knock on the door means them losing the little life they have come to know and love.

Laws and lawyers are not always the big bad meanies that everything thinks they are.

Don't you think we could stream line this legal process a little bit into a $25 notary public fee rather than a $20,000 BMW payment?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

To be clear; it wasn't the birth itself that caused the issues it was the internal organs not working that caused the issues

if the internal organs were the issue,
how did you get pregnant ???

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Apparently it's fine with some if women die needlessly in childbirth or while pregnant.

Currently, according to the World Health Organization and several United Nations agencies, the United States ranks behind no fewer than forty other nations in preventing maternal deaths (based upon the official but unreliable number*). (2 Hill et al., 2007) In 1982, the U.S. ratio was 7.5 deaths per 100,000 births. In 2004, it was 13.2 deaths per 100,000. In 2005, the last year for which we have figures, the maternal death ratio was 15.1 deaths per 100,000 births. For African-American women, the ratio was an outrageous 34.5 deaths per 100,000 births. (Kung, Hoyert, Xu, & Murphy, 2008) In other words, for all U.S. women the maternal death ratio is almost 5 times as high as it should be, and for African-American women, it is more than 10 times what it should be.

www.inamay.com...

It is at least apparently fine with the medical establishment that quickly prescribes unneeded but profitable procedures (ie 75% c-section rate) which are known to increase maternal death rates.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Well, on one hand there should be some sort of stability proof--surely people who can fork up 40,000 can decently support a child, but yeah that is definately a little unfair to the child!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It is at least apparently fine with the medical establishment that quickly prescribes unneeded but profitable procedures (ie 75% c-section rate) which are known to increase maternal death rates.

sssshhhhhhh !!!
u can't quote facts that the doctors
won't tell mothers. They might
realize they have been swindled.

newborn parents are swindled
by the medical establishment

adoptive parents are swindled
by the the lawyers.

you're screwed either way !!!

welcome to Capitalism.

edit on 7/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Currently, according to the World Health Organization and several United Nations agencies, the United States ranks behind no fewer than forty other nations in preventing maternal deaths (based upon the official but unreliable number*). (2 Hill et al., 2007) In 1982, the U.S. ratio was 7.5 deaths per 100,000 births. In 2004, it was 13.2 deaths per 100,000. In 2005, the last year for which we have figures, the maternal death ratio was 15.1 deaths per 100,000 births. For African-American women, the ratio was an outrageous 34.5 deaths per 100,000 births. (Kung, Hoyert, Xu, & Murphy, 2008) In other words, for all U.S. women the maternal death ratio is almost 5 times as high as it should be, and for African-American women, it is more than 10 times what it should be.

www.inamay.com...

Wow thats a eye opener 75% c section rate? What causes america to have such a %? AAre american women some how more susceptible to birth complications causing them to have these c sections?
edit on 11-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: damn spell checker

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
maternity is a lot different than a long term
illness like cancer.

If you are diagnosed with cancer by a doctor
most smart people seek a 2nd or 3rd opinion
of the diagnosis.

It is not like this most times for an expecting
mother. Most mothers only see 1 doctor for
the duration of her pregnancy and that same
doctor delivers the baby. Makes it real easy
for the scam when there is no 2nd or 3rd opinion
in a maternity case. By the end of the 3rd trimester,
the mother has built up a trust factor with that doctor
and won't seek an opinion elsewhere which just
might conflict with the original doctors call for
a C-Section or unneeded procedures.

Now a question to all mothers on this forum.
How many different maternity doctors did you
see during your pregnancy ???

edit on 7/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
7 vag births, 7 healthy babies, 1 still alive mamma!

They tried to force a c sec on me more then once, I even pulled the moniters off and was ready to walk out when they said it.. "the baby's head is slightly turned"... Funny, they were telling me lay on my side, maybe she'd straitenout... I listened to my body, laid on my back and she immediatly straighted out and was born 3 pushes later.

Midwives are awesome, they know when medical intervention is needed (for the most part) . As life is unexpected, so is birth.

OT, maybe your friends could adopt through child services? I believe all att fees and such are paid? And a few other perks. And keeping a sibling group together (if offered) is priceless!

Im a birth mom of 3, mommy to 4, and looking foreward to being an adoptive mommy to 1 soon
, and stepmom to 3 others... All are awesome!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join