It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Professional Politicians' Understand Debt Crisis Better Than 'The Public'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
And in the lead up to war in Iraq, 68% of the public thought that was the right thing to do. Sometimes what the public is polled on is an idea that was put out there in order to receive support. Propaganda.

Obama etal attaching the term "professional" to politics is a poor choice of words. We should be able to trust the leaders we elect to intelligently and knowledgeably carry out our wishes, without calling them "professional". However, what is good for "the Nation" might depend on one's definition of "the Nation"...a nation where citizens are in control of corporations/wealth, or a nation where corporations/wealth control citizens.

We have become a nation unwilling to put pressure on our elected leaders, unless some astroturf efforts gather people up to back their cause. We have become a citizenry either refusing/ignoring to vote, or voting and sitting back, waiting for our candidate to do his or her job, without realizing that to sustain our political system we need to be actively involved beyond voting periodically.

We prefer to sit and take in propaganda pieces put out there for our consumption, impressing our minds as if they were our own thoughts, then regurgitate them when polled.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Great and Merciful Ob has spoken!

There is a 2012 backlash coming...as this latest OamaEpicFail hits America right in the belly...and the sycophants in the media (who helped create this Regime) are blind to it.

A tiny case in point to their worshipful tunnel vision. I just saw on Drudge that the noted fashionista, nutritional expert, and child rearing guru, Michelle Obama, will be the first "public figure" to GRACE (their term, not mine) the August issue of Better Homes and Gardens. A magazine sold at checkout lanes in supermarkets across America--the same stores where people nickle and dime their way to the register (buying cheap and filling) only to find their "glam" FLOTUS smiling down at them telling them to 'eat fresh.'. Arugala don't come cheap...but as her husband suggests, peas do.

Yeah...that will work. The 'optics' of this puff piece are about as off as the photoshopping of Mrs. O. Sorry, but too many Americans have lost their (better) homes and gardens because of her usefue idiot husband.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

you are correct and more people are hurting every day just not enough
if every person was required 2 years of military service maybe the population would become so disgusted
that war would go back to last resort status and the people who send kids to fight would think about their
children dying only for a just cause
military spending would drastically decrease and we could produce something in america besides weapons
wishful thinking on my part but if backed to a wall i know many patriots still around just hope its not to late

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

i found the state of Georgia CAFR for 2007-2010. i'm no financial jargon whiz, so i as my fellow members to translate.
State of Georgia CAFR 2007-2010

I'd suggest others look up/post their own states CAFRs as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
lol impeach this clown already, America!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

hi there replied to your u2u 1st

www.cafr1.com...

takes you to an index with some of the pdfs, though it seems with all the trouble mr burien is experienceing lately
he hasn't been updating the site in awhile
also googling can find them if they haven't been taken offline.

also these things are accounting statements so just find an accountant friend to come up with total amount.

more links:
very detailed interview with Walter Burien:

[POST NOTE FROM WJB: In 1999, GASB (Government Accounting Standards Board) changed the policy for showing revenue on the combined financial columns of the CAFR. Prior to 1999, it was required to show all income, investments, & revenue. The change starting in 1999, was now on the combined financial columns of the CAFR, it was required to show all income, investments, & revenue necessary to meet obligations of that local government. A big difference! It is important to get back issues to see what now does not show as of 1999 forward. The notes in the CAFR must be looked at closely for direction to other accounting reports whose revenue is not shown in the report you are examining.]

Now, I mentioned earlier, a Web site to get CAFRs downloaded: it's financenet.gov ... www.financenet.gov... Go to that site, & you'll be able to download some of your Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports. You will also, instead of putting cafr.htm at the end, if you put "reports.htm" you will also get other financial reports available.

www.financenet.gov...

Now, the game here has been played, regarding the obfuscation of the wealth, boils down to nondisclosure. The reports are available for viewing. The game was not making those reports not available; the game was "Don't discuss, don't talk, don't mention. If you don't know, you can't take effective action." So, request the report. [Require your local paper or politician to make continuous & open mention of the CAFRs]

Also, the news media, request that they make simple & conspicuous mention. There is no reason whatsoever for them not to do so except confirming their criminal culpability in nondisclosure. Any politician running for office - the governor, the congressmen, the senator, & the dogcatcher - I don't care. Any person running for public office - the sheriff - if he refuses to make simple & conspicuous mention of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report from the podium, the platform, or in public forum, throw his materials in the garbage can & immediately look to another candidate. If that person running for office refuses to make simple & conspicuous mention of' the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report they are confirming their cooperation with the nondisclosure. They have ... they do not have your interests at heart, they only have their own. They want to become part of the inner circle & perpetuate the game. They're not for your ... they're not for your interests, or your family's or your children's.

Now, I noticed in Missouri, I saw in the notes, bond dividend yield, $47 million; bond dividend yield, $118 million. And I said, "Why is the state declaring bond dividend yields?" I came back to the Missouri financial authority; they're investing the state's own monies & they had to disclose the return that was coming back in from their investments.

Back to New Jersey. 10 years ago when I saw New Jersey's report I noticed it said $14 billion in insurance company equity participation. I said to myself, "What is insurance company equity participation?" I started looking. Found out the federal government, back about 25 years ago, close to it, mandated that the insurance companies, had to create a major catastrophe fund, in the event of natural disaster, large hurricane hit the East coast-wiped out a couple hundred thousand homes, a million or two automobiles; a big earthquake hits California, same scenario; they wanted to make sure that they were covered. Well, this equated to trillions of dollars, which, the insurance companies did not have at the time. The federal government gave them ten years to implement the program. At the end of the 10 years, 94% of the revenue requirement was satisfied by state & federal investment funds & when you look at the records, was mostly a 2.4-2.6% interest, well below prime, they invested their monies.

Now, what this means to the public in real term let's use automobile insurance. Auto comes under the major catastrophe fund, as I mentioned, large hurricane hit the East Coast, wipes out hundreds of thousands of automobiles; big earthquake hits California, same scenario. I'll use Arizona as an example. In Arizona, the minimum coverage is $30,000. And, based on the major catastrophe fund rules, 1/3 of the value of the policy, the face value, has to be left on deposit. So, one-third of $30,000 is $10,000. That money being provided by state & federal investment funds, say at 5% interest for easy accounting that equates to a $500-a-year return. Now, my auto insurance premium is $658 a year. Under this example, the insurance company is only getting $158; the government is getting $500, on the return. Did you ever wonder why they make it mandatory insurance, state by state, & enforce it by armed force? Every state with mandatory insurance is opening up a phenomenal investment pool

... Now, I took this a step further. I called the Division of Motor Vehicles in Phoenix to find out the total number of registered vehicles, both commercial & noncommercial in the state. To be registered it required insurance, mandatory insurance state. I then called the insurance company data banks to find out the total liability claims paid by all insurance companies operating in the state of Arizona. I then took that figure, added on a 35% markup to allow for a profit margin in operating costs. For a paper company that's pretty good. I then took the total number of registered vehicles, divided it by (sic) (into) that number. The average annual insurance premium, using that those figures, came out to being $126 per year. Got the picture?

Government has been getting into every aspect of taking money. The public's familiar with taxation, taxation is actually turning into a very small portion of government's take. Investment funds are their primary vehicle for revenue generation at this point in time, taxation's secondary. You have to start tracking down these investment funds. The next time you hear, "Well, we're going to have to shut the school down, it's got holes in its roof, we need to raise taxes for a million dollars," or "the police are under funded, we're gonna have to let half of 'em go," pop up with "Oh, by the way, they said they had to shut down the school, well, I see they have $42 million here in the local government investment pool. Why are you not using this?"
Now, Jesse Ventura, when he was mayor of... a... I think it was Menlo [Brooklyn] Park, the city wanted to have a tax increase of $260,000, a small increase, for the school districts. They said they were at a short fall of money. He looked & saw a $48 million investment fund sitting there, listed as idle funds, so he goes, "Here, take it from here". And he was the first person to openly admit as to the difference between the budgetary basis & the liquid investment funds. He was elected governor, & also the first step he did was to target $7 billion in surplus funds for return to the public. Now, legislature, ok, who has their hands very deep in the pockets here, went to block him on the $7 billion & he was only able to free up about $1.8 billion, which equated to about a $800 check for every person living in the state.

cafr-school-a-lesson-in-financial-accounting

oh yes friends they understand much better than most [though not all] the public

edit on 12-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"When the music over..... Turn out the lights.. turn out the lights..."

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Don't thieves have to pay back money stole via court order, shouldn't the same laws apply to our politicians. It might make the idiots more careful with our checkbook.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Obama says he cannot guarantee Social Security checks will go out on August 3

www.cbsnews.com...

Oh ya, he is pulling all the stops to get the debt ceiling raised.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

sorry folks link to the interview
www.iff-ifoundfreedom.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Some people call him "crazy" and "disconnected," and while he may be disconnected from the public, I think he isn't crazy and certainly knows what he's doing, purposefully undermining our nation's sovereignty. Besides, presidents have advisors that they take heed to. He's playing economic hit man with our country.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Masinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hi Op and All,

Dunno about his reasons for suggesting a threat to wheelanddeal with retirement moneies. But, it does send up a flag there's desperation and I'm not sure just Aug 2 deadline. Know we have a bunch of economic wizards here at ATS, and certainly you or some of you must know what's up w/China v. USA, yes?
Is the fifty-year USA Dollar Reserve about to be tossed?

Decoy

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

That is the question, but its tricky to answer it, the Chinese won't rock the boat too much while still holding lots of US debt. If the dollar does lose its reserve currency status, things are going to spiral out of control within days.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I think the underlying problem of america financial woes stems from multi levels of security paranoia whichs is costing the country trillions in espionage schemes which turn in battles and weaponary contracts and bountys.
For 50 years the infestation of security agents into government has caused huge financial debt over load. To bad they have lost the majority of people who believe democracy depends of moral values and less paranoia . I hope the american dollar drops in value I need some boating stuff and a vacation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join