It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Professional Politicians' Understand Debt Crisis Better Than 'The Public'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

"I love how he says the "public" are worried about family, jobs, and neighborhoods... MMM K whatever... maybe lack of jobs and neighbor hoods turning into crap... "

These are the very things he should have sorted and prove a failing on his part - Time for CHANGE!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just my 2 cents...

Professional WHAT?

For the People, by the People... bottom line.

In reference to another post, I am getting irritated by all of it. Could that be what they want? Who cares, it's indifferent. We take it back in a way none of us have even thought of yet... but I have some ideas ;-)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

LOL

if king oreo had dared say such a thing in my presence

i would have called him out:

"well as you know so much more than us why don't you explain to us why you aren't using the $64 trillion Dollars the US-gov is sitting on in investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds, etc) to pay the $14 trillion dollar debt and use the rest for repairing and upgrading this countries infrastructure, generating jobs in the process"

"wh-wha?i i don't know what your talking about?!!??"

"i'm talking about the US-gov sitting on $64 trillion Dollars of investment capital (liquid assets, stocks bonds, etc) as shown by the Comprehensive Annual Fiscal Reports of the 50 states and federal government "

"wh-wha? thats crazy i- i don't know what your talking about!!!"

"well then you'll have to retract that statement, because my grandmother was just a poor farmers daughter with only a 4th grade education [she was born in 1911] and never learned multiplication and division yet all her life she handled her own finances, paid up her mortgage in 25 yrs. either you are stupider than you look, or you think all of us are, which is it?"

www.cafr1.com...
www.cafr1.com...
www.project.nsearch.com...
CAFRs: The Biggest Secret $60 trillion invested by US government www.abovetopsecret.com...
The One Thing they will not discuss, CAFR www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

lol boon
i think you've hit on the head

that kind of thing is quite common with these psychos

however let's not get complacent and underestimate
the rigged voting machines that allowed prince shrub a 2nd term
edit on 11-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & important additional comment

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Further INSANITY

Obama: Job Losses Prove Stimulus Worked

“Now, without relitigating the past, I’m absolutely convinced, and the vast majority of economists are convinced, that the steps we took in the Recovery Act saved millions of people their jobs or created a whole bunch of jobs,” Obama said at his Monday press conference.

www.cnsnews.com...

I really have to find out what herb Obama is smoking, cause that IS CRAZY TALK.
edit on 11-7-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

It's sort of true insofar that the stimulus jobs were always intended to be temporary. Induce lots of temp jobs... a few years later you have an influx of unemployment.

What it ALSO proves is it was a waste of money. We shouldn't be creating temporary jobs... they need to be permanent or the problem is going to exist over and over and over again. If Obama really thinks the answer is stimulus then we'd all be slaves forever.

But this is kind of the point isn't it?

The elites make me want to vomit fire.

P.S.

If the CAFRs are true.... then this entire thing is a giant hoax. So we would be losing freedom and giving them our money for naught!
edit on 11-7-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I like how you called him "king oreo"...classy.

So, where are the CAFR reports you were speaking of? You linked someones blog.

You do realized in order to liquidate your assets you have to sell something? Would you like to sell our federal property to another country? I'm sure you would not like that.

People around here cry and scream how china owns 7% (1 trillion) of our debt. How do you think people would feel if china actually owned our tangible commodities? They would go nuts.

And to pay out our debt we'd liquidate 14 trillion worth of commodities? Keep in mind nobody is going to buy our bonds, they are currently selling them off.

Our 14 trillion dollar debt is more than the next 3 countries total GDP combined.

Time to move into the real world.

I guess this is where Obama would say "see, I told you we know more".

Your idea sounds good on paper, but so did the Miami Heat this year.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo

I like how you called him "king oreo"...classy.

So, where are the CAFR reports you were speaking of? You linked someones blog.

You do realized in order to liquidate your assets you have to sell something? Would you like to sell our federal property to another country? I'm sure you would not like that.

People around here cry and scream how china owns 7% (1 trillion) of our debt. How do you think people would feel if china actually owned our tangible commodities? They would go nuts.

And to pay out our debt we'd liquidate 14 trillion worth of commodities? Keep in mind nobody is going to buy our bonds, they are currently selling them off.

Our 14 trillion dollar debt is more than the next 3 countries total GDP combined.

I guess this is where Obama would say "see, I told you we know more".

Your idea sounds good on paper, but so did the Miami Heat this year.

Out of 64 trillion in investments they would only need to take ten or so. Not only this, but not every one of those investments is infrastructure that you imply it is. The only way to make a call on this would be to see the investments. I think that is pretty much common sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

there seems to be an effort to hide them now Arizona for example

just use ATS search for more info and Google.

as an anarchist and self employed computer repair/pirate installer/jailbreaker for hire i'm confident i can make a living off the grid so...

i just like to post the CAFR stuff when i see fellow members freaking out about the phony debt crisis psyop

$64 TRILLION and they are keeping it hidden, that doesn't include black-ops/drug money.

but then i see the same people going on again, so i figure they didn't bother following up on it, or maybe it's for another reason, hmmm...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well the public hears "raising debt" and immediately reject it. But the alternative is not raising it, and all their dollars become worthless. Then they probably would have gone with the raising the debt ceiling option..

So yes, in this case they do indeed know what's better. Most people don't know the consequences of defaulting on the debt. No need to make this into something shocking.

Originally posted by morder1
I would have to say most of the public can see we have a major problem, and adding more debt isnt the solution... They just dont really know why we have the problem...
edit on 11-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

In this case, it is the solution. How could it not be considering the ramifications?
edit on 11-7-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Well liquid assets are things you own, and the only real liquid things the governments owns would be it's infrastructure and/or land. I guess it also owns "equipment", but the majority of that would be military equipment.

We all know the general public would flip if we sold high end military equipment to another country.

I understand what you guys are saying in general, it's just seems kind of like selling the car to buy gas.

In response to the OP I do think Obama was right in his comment. The average American quite possibly couldn't name the current vice president, let alone talk economic policy.

ATS is NOT average America.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

LOL, i am living in the real world[s]

you're the one fawning on a psychopath and paying your protection money.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

trash is trash,
be it king oreo prince shrub, king shrub, robber baron prick and his consort, [and real 1st lady] the baroness prick, dame delirious, and all that rubbish.

edit on 11-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added video

edit on 11-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: removed unnescesary comment

edit on 11-7-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I've heard of the debt being a "psyop" as well.

I'm not sure though as it's all speculative. No concrete evidence. I know our bills certainly outweigh our revenue.

I'm looking at te CAFRs for Texas, 2010 and the graphs show that Texas certainly spent more than it brought in.

Wish I could link the graphs but I'm on my phone and not to tech savy.

If we were sitting on $64 trillion I'm sure some accountant would have spoken up. And of not well then Obama was right when he said "the professional politicians know more than the public".

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

all these professional political hacks need to be reminded we are supposed to have a citizen gov
unless we quit rewarding this madness we lose it all
instead of making our unemployed poor sick and elderly suffer how about all these overpaid lawyers give up pensions and health care that not a single citizen receives
yet one term they get set for life something is wrong with that system

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How many of you know how to manage a household budget?

Keeping your checking accounts balanced?

Paying your bills on time, and managing your debt?

I would argue that there are quite a few of you who are far more qualified here, than our president or any of the Professional politicians involved.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Here. See what the great Oz is doing behind the curtain. Look and see what this baby genius is up too.

They cant balance the budget because they are fighting for who will steal the leftover tax money. I did in 15 cuts and championed every social issue as well as the military and the old.

www.aarp.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
lol..

Worry about your Neighbourhood,friends!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Give the man a chance. Cruising AF1 on our dime, sending his ol' lady on a world tour also on our dime, these might have relevant, necessary reasons. Sure they're the 1's that put us here cuz we weren't paying attention, and sure, there are a majority of professional politicians that swear the opposite of Barry. Sure they might have more academic talents than Barry. And sure the tyrants of history have used this exact same line when it suited their agendas. What a joke and we're the punchline.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I bet everyone here would like to have the
Money in their bank accounts diluted by exponents
Too

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Duhhh, you - are - right mR obama-god, i dont know anyting bout nothin. I live to serve oh glorious debt crisis master! I can never think for myself in Amerika. Hey, wait, i just had an idea Mr Obama, u suck.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So offensive by Obama to talk down to the voters as idiots.Text

I have seen Henry Kissinger say the same thing in an interview, only in an even more demeaning way....and with the arrogance of a thousand ego-maniacs. I can't find the video clip right now, but this kind of attitude seems to be prevalent in our government.

Yes, indeed, "the average voter doesn't understand"........said the fake U.S. president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join