It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Professional Politicians' Understand Debt Crisis Better Than 'The Public'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Obama: 'Professional Politicians' Understand Debt Crisis Better Than 'The Public'

At a White House press conference today, President Barack Obama said that "professional politicians" understand the debt crisis better than "the public."

Obama was responding to a question from CBS News Reporter Chip Reid. “The latest CBS News poll showed that only 24 percent of Americans said that you should raise the debt limit to avoid an economic catastrophe," said Reid. "There’s still 69 percent who oppose raising the debt limit. So, is it the problem that you and others have failed to convince the American people that we have a crisis here and how are you going to change that?”

Read more at:

www.cnsnews.com...

See, this is the COMPLETE disconnect of those in office, and whose who work day in and day out to make ends meat. To me, Obama is basically saying, It doesn't matter what you think, we are going to do what we want. The "economic" experts / politicians have ruined the financial system, and they want to do MORE damage by raising the debt ceiling.

and yes Obama, we look at how the treasury auction goes, because WE DO UNDERSTAND what it means for the economy - since the political ilk are not looking out for our best interests, we have to do it ourselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And there it is...

The old, "the people are too stupid to rule themselves" argument. I just got the chills.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Further INSANITY

Obama: Job Losses Prove Stimulus Worked

“Now, without relitigating the past, I’m absolutely convinced, and the vast majority of economists are convinced, that the steps we took in the Recovery Act saved millions of people their jobs or created a whole bunch of jobs,” Obama said at his Monday press conference.

www.cnsnews.com...

I really have to find out what herb Obama is smoking, cause that IS CRAZY TALK.
edit on 11-7-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

S & F OP.

Yet the latest evidence of the Ivy League liberals' contempt for all us un-washed masses.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If the whole US Budget to some one who's been living on food stamps or some one who has struggled to make ends meet for years - they'll sort it and there won't be no debt, they know how to live within their means.

If you don't have the cash - you don't have the goods.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I remember when the healthcare bill got shoved down our throats. Something like 70% opposed it and yet, we apparently don't know what's good for us.

Keep getting those vaccinations. Keep drinking the water. Pay no attention to the planes in the sky. Ignore the wars cuz I don't need to follow the Constitution. Blah blah blah...

THROW HIM OUT!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
NOW! (YOU FORGOT TO SAY THAT)

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I remember when the healthcare bill got shoved down our throats. Something like 70% opposed it and yet, we apparently don't know what's good for us.

Keep getting those vaccinations. Keep drinking the water. Pay no attention to the planes in the sky. Ignore the wars cuz I don't need to follow the Constitution. Blah blah blah...

THROW HIM OUT!

NOW! (YOU FORGOT TO SAY THAT)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So much for Obama's 'Transparency in Government'

The only thing transparent here is Obama saying that ordinary people are just too stupid to understand how he is ruining the Country.

Sorry Obama, your days are numbered because the people DO understand and DO see you for what you are.

edit on 11-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Obama has lost touch with reality.
It's like saying put an herbicide in
your yard will make your grass grow.
I think Obama needs a mental
assessment done. Maybe his next
wardrobe addition will be a straight jacket.

How can you have mentally sound
government when the asylum
runs the show???

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WASHINGTON MUST BURN AND BE A LESSON TO US ALL

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The key phrase here is "Professional Politicians"....

There should be no such thing.

Founding fathers are rolling in their graves at these knuckleheads.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I watched this live and heard this as well and yes, I was a bit offended. I'm running a household here, taking care of business and managing bills and finances. I do understand what debt is, like every other American. It was a bit insulting.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Government is vastly becoming a government of the 1%, for the 1%, by the 1%.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
what is a professional politician?

As far as I can see, they have done nothing professional for the people for a very very very long time...

Lotsa suffering hungry bellies, and heartache's out here..

A professional politician, must be someone who is good at hurting people to feel better...

shame on us, if this guy gets another term....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've never seen a politician lay it out so blatantly.. How can Americans see this and believe him? Yeah, bailing out banks who give record bonuses to it's executives sounds like a way to stimulate the economy too, I guess. This hypocrisy is getting hysterical.

It almost seems like the government WANTS people to lose it, if not they've got something up their sleeves. This is just too blatant. Anyone else detect his utter smug demeanor?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The only thing they understand is printing money without restraints...

Great comments everybody... 1 thing is for sure, we need change, and a great start would be getting obama out of office...

I like Boon's analogy of putting herbicide on your grass to get it grow... Just like printing money to counter inflation...

I love how he says the "public" are worried about family, jobs, and neighborhoods... MMM K whatever... maybe lack of jobs and neighbor hoods turning into crap...

He should have said the public is worried about American Idol, Smart phones, Facebook, and sports... (90% of the public anyways)...

I would have to say most of the public can see we have a major problem, and adding more debt isnt the solution... They just dont really know why we have the problem...
edit on 11-7-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"We're Paid To Worry About It" YES YOU ARE MR O. AND VERY HANDSOMELY SO START WORRYING!

What a true insult to the American People - the amount they have paid over the years would have gotten every single one of them out of Debt.

The guy has lost the plot!
edit on 11-7-2011 by quedup because: (no reason given)

It's professional alright! Professional Theft - EMBEZZLEMENT!
edit on 11-7-2011 by quedup because: further information

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I believe what Obama really meant was
the average citizen does not understand
how the professional politicians are ripping
us all off as almost every single household
in America knows what a budget is and has
to live by one.

So offensive by Obama to talk down
to the voters as idiots.

Enjoy your fake presidency with ur
fake birth certificate, I do not think
Obama will get a 2nd term. He will
fade off into the night after losing
to lick his wounds in the United
Nations Security Council. That will
be his next appointment, mark
my words
No birth certificate
required there.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Bush had his *good old boy version* of this, "I didn't major in Economics, but I know how our Economy works (paraphrased)".
Stephen King could call this SSDD (Same#DifferentDAy).

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I believe what Obama really meant was
the average citizen does not understand
how the professional politicians are ripping
us all off as almost every single household
in America knows what a budget is and has
to live by one.

So offensive by Obama to talk down
to the voters as idiots.

Enjoy your fake presidency with ur
fake birth certificate, I do not think
Obama will get a 2nd term. He will
fade off into the night after losing
to lick his wounds in the United
Nations Security Council. That will
be his next appointment, mark
my words
No birth certificate
required there.

He just might get a second term because - it's not the people who vote them in! He has been very useful to the NWO !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join