It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Become A U.S Citizen??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^
reply to post by caladonea

Become a Citizen - 1

Not Becoming a Citizen - 0

My vote is delay becoming a citizen until Jan. 20, 2012. First see who is running things before you decide.

And the Lorena Bobbit thing was pretty funny! Classy Cuts!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Go for it. The United States is one of the finest countries in the world. If you can get in...do it...then use your vote to shape our future while taking full advantage of everything this country has to offer.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't even have to finish reading your OP to say YES.
Being a citizen will bring you many perks.
I don't know how it is in the states, but here in canada Citizen life is sweet.
Why restrict from certain things, you've been there for nearly two decades, you are a citizen, just make it official!
You get perks for loans, buying a home, and especially when processing documents.

My mother is a Permanent Resident here and needs her last name changed back after divorcing my father. So far everyone she has spoken to told her to wait until she is a citizen.
She will be eligible to apply for her citizenship in september

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
No!!! Do not become a citizen!!!! That's when all the free stuff stops...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Third person that makes sense, I'm on my way to finishing up school and getting my 4 year degree and at 21 I'm running my own business why not.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If dual citizenship is an option you have little to lose, if you have to renounce Columbia...then no.
The US isn't what it's propagandized to be and Columbia seems to be making some good long term decisions.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

Yes I've heard Canada is pretty cool, I have family up there and they love it they have been citizens of Canada for about 20 years now

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FrenchOsage

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

LMAO is that true??? I have never paid for college and my credit is cleaner than mr clean

link   
I vote yes! Many States are coming down hard on illegal immigrants or companies that hire them. You have been here a long time, why live looking over your shoulder?

link   
Why not become a dual citizen?

Then you can pick and choose.

If TSHTF, it may give you an 'out' (ie; throw/burn 1 passport, get out (of gaol) on the other)
edit on 11-7-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

LMFAO will do THANKS guys!!!......Still waiting for that guy with the "get the #$%^$ out of this country" post

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

LMFAO will do THANKS guys!!!......Still waiting for that guy with the "get the #$%^$ out of this country" post

So, that's why you posted the thread?

You have lived here for almost 16 years and you're not a citizen? Things must be hard for you? Then again I hear non citizens get treated...very well! You should apply and become one esp. if you are planning to stay. Fair is fair, same as if, me being an American citizen born and raised and moved to any other country. Of course, they would require lawful citizenship sooner.
edit on 12-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: edits

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join