It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Become A U.S Citizen??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hello everyone

My question is, should I become a U.S Citizen?

My entire family have become Citizens already and I have many cousins who were born and raised here.

I've lived in this country for almost 16 years now, This country is full of opportunities which I have taken advantage of and for that reason I have never committed a crime and have always given back to my community.

as of November 2010 I have been able to take the naturalization test after having to wait 5 full years of being a resident of my state, but I haven't gotten around to do that cause of work and school.

Now I read the news every single day, I somewhat contribute to ATS, read the posts everyday, and as the days go by I read more and more about the way things way things are going in this country and around the world. Don't get me wrong I would never ever go back to my country, even though I have almost no memory of it.

Anyways I have that conspiracy mentality that's telling me not to. LOL

Help me out here guys!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ^anubis^

Just out of curiosity what is your country of origin?
2nd

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yes.

Immigrants are treated like kings in this country.
edit on 7/11/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

They call us coc aine cowboys lol JK....Colombia

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
That is something you should probably decide on your own. You will be filled with nothing but negativity in a place like this. (ats forum) Make up your own mind

edit on 11-7-2011 by etombo because: edit

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i vote yes become a citizen so you you can vote then promise to never vote for a red or a blue ever ever...
edit on 11-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

My daughter in law is from Colombia. She says it is beautiful there and the government is really making a push to cut out drug crime. Considering the economic climate of the U.S. I would suggest not making any commitments in the near future. At least until you can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

My best friend, actually my brother from another mother hes pure american beef, Indiana, born and raise, and we get treated the same another reason why I ask, I really don't see a difference from being a Citizen or not. lol

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

That is a matter only you can decide. How can we help you? Give us your thoughts as to why you feel you need advice, and ask specific questions.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have heard the same, will keep that in mind lol thanks.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

My daughter in law is from Colombia. She says it is beautiful there and the government is really making a push to cut out drug crime. Considering the economic climate of the U.S. I would suggest not making any commitments in the near future. At least until you can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I only know one thing about Colombia. They are the most beautiful women on earth.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

My conspiracy junkie in me sometimes thinks about this country starting a holocaust against its own people AKA its citizens

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I agree but I personally expand that to most South American women.
2nd

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

LMAO so I've heard but I wouldn't dare date one lol, why? I have no idea maybe its cause I'm Colombian?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ^anubis^

My conspiracy junkie in me sometimes thinks about this country starting a holocaust against its own people AKA its citizens

I see now, lol.

What do you expect from ppl who are descended from drunks, nuts, criminals and malcontents who ran a successful revolution?

We are ALWAYS poised at the brink of chaos.

It goes with the territory my friend

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

two words---

Lorena Bobbit

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It seems to me that you are here to stay....that you have had good experiences here...so...yes...become a Citizen!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

LMAO wow looked her up....best line I saw in the article

"she was working at the beauty salon Classy-cuts"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Become a Citizen - 1