It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the colorful money??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If I remember right the new money of different colors, blue, purple etc. was to be shown on March 27th. Well its almost April 1st and I have yet to see it. Has anyone else seen it yet, if so what colors do we get to look forward to??

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I forgot all about that!

money.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yeah I thought they were going to tell us but I can't find anything telling the color. If they must change the green back then I hope one of the colors they choose is purple.

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Purpleback? No ring to it...

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
hehe

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Public Won't See New $20 Bill Until May

People will have to wait a little longer to see Andrew Jackson's new look on the redesigned $20 bill.

The updated bill, which carries an image of the seventh president, will be shown to the public for the first in May rather than at the end of March as planned.

With the United States on the brink of war in Iraq, heightened security in the United States and other concerns led to the postponement even though the new bill is ready.

Link Here!

posted on Mar, 31 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Good find P.A.

I guess we'll wait again...hehe.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

"Treasury and Federal Reserve officials on Tuesday formally unveiled the design for a revamped and more colorful $20 bill, as the United States attempts to stay ahead of ever more sophisticated counterfeiters."

"The most significant new feature in the currency redesign will be the introduction of new subtle background colors to the predominantly green and off-white bills. The presentation of some buildings and portraits will also be changed."

"For the $20 bill, the new design includes a faint blue eagle in the background and a metallic green eagle and shield to the right of the portrait of Andrew Jackson on the front of the note."

www.msnbc.com...

Finally!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good for them. Obviously this won't STOP counterfeiters but if it'll make it more of a pain for them to do their thing, I'm all for it. Having millions in funny money floating around does nothing to help the value of our currency, and only screws the consumer in the long run.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wonder if they will change the material that the notes are made of.

Our notes are made of a sort of plastic polymer, they don't age and don't break.

I am told that if you put them in the micrwave they shrink

However the plastic nature of the notes means that every note you get feels newish and clean, and there are no torn notes. Its a good step forward.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In terms of security...our notes are smothered in holographic images...clear panels....a multitude of colours etc.....I rarely here of counterfeit operations in australia... It's a positive move for the yanks.. Long time coming I reckon.

At the very least you guys will know your giving over a 20 and not a tunner or something like that! heh

Chris

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
do you have a pic of yalls money??

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Australian currency is printed on a thin, flexible polymer (i.e. plastic). The polymer notes are fairly new - The Australian Mint is currently in the process of replacing all paper money with polymer.

You guys have some cool looking money! How flexible is it?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
you can screw the stuff up and it comes back out flat...by the way that hundred is wayyyyy old....it is the old paper version...the new one is cool green..

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
thats pretty kool but i dont know y the government is pushsing this soo mush in the next 50 years "money" will be worthless and it will all be electronic cash

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Here's ours

yeah thats true QS, we are so wired for electronic money here that I never get more than $20 out at a time for pocket money.

All my purchases are done via eftpos transactions in the shop and eftpos is so demanded that shops have to get it to keep customers.

I only go to a bank about 1 or twice a year, I manage my accounts over the phone with an automated program, and can check it on the net as well.

Each month I get a bank statement showing exactly the shops I went to and purchased goods - we have fun playing "OK who spent $40 in the #$#@ cafe again!"

If you were paranoid it would be frightening.

[Edited on 14-5-2003 by Netchicken]

new topics

top topics

join