It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by czygyny

True....and it could be anything. But where I am is not near any farms....we are next to a forrest. Not too many houses here. I'm sure there is an answer....there has to be. I'll call to make sure though. Thanks!
edit on 7/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey Kat, not sure if you're aware of this or not but Claiborne Range is not too far away from you. It's just southwest of Alexandria, in the middle of southern portion of Kistache National Forrest.

Claiborne Range
Barksdale Air-to-Ground Gunnery Range

Apparently this place is used to test A-10 Thunderbolt II
A-10 Thunderbolt II

Interesting to note the modernization and curent use of these aircrafts in Lybia. I think this may be the source of your noise.

A10s dont make that noise (I lived on an A10 base)...they have a wimpy sound (so to speak) hard to explain - they arent super nosey....so 10000% not A10s

edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I have no idea what that is.....it was part of the overall sound. I'm going out today to see if I hear it again, and maybe get a better recording *crosses my fingers*

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Thanks! I am way north of there though.....sort of in the middle between Shreveport and Alexandria (close to Jonesboro) Would I be able to hear it from that far away?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I can't say there aren't any, but I have never seen one, or any crops in this area. This is mostly forrest. But I can't say for certain there are none. The other thing is, many of the videos I have seen with similar sounds were in the city. I just don't know, but I will be on the lookout for something like that from now on!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I'm confused as to what you are saying......is it that you think this is what's making the sound? We have nothing like that here....I'm far from any city. But thanks for your thoughts. This sound wasn't as precisely rhythmic as that.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Grab some good walking shoes and the next time you hear it: Start walking with the camera! Maybe you can get a general idea of the direction its coming from. Even if you can't hear a difference, perhaps when you listen to the sound picked up by the camera, you will be able to find out what part of the area correlates with the most loud sound.

My first thought was that it was an air conditioner or one of those fans they use to clear a house of radon, amplified by the camera's microphone. But if you are not near anything like that then this is quite a mystery. I hope you find out what the cause is!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's anything that is explanable blah blah blah!

What's so funny is that everyone knows what it is, it's distant thunder (for an hour), a plane hovers over your house (for an hour), come on people. Obviously, she knows something unusual, from something that's not, give her some credit!

I just experienced this this past Saturday, there is no easy explanation for it. What's even more puzzling is that this is going on around the world.

Don't believe me, check this link out - weyume.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Gotcha. No, I doubt you would be able to hear the planes themselves, as Greeneyedleo pointed out, A-10 are not that loud. However, the base is described as an Air-to-Ground Gunnery range, so it may be weapons testing.

Also, by your location, you're not to far off from Barksdale which also opperates (or opperated) several off-site bombing ranges in the national forest area. I can't tell if these sites are still active today, but I would have to think some are still opperational.

Barksdale AFB Off-Base Sites
edit on 7/12/2011 by amaster because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I figured it out!!!!

It's a Clocked Klingon Bird of Prey!

I couldn't resist. LMAO

I still would really like to know what it is.

edit on 12-7-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hiya, just jumping in, sorry if this has already been covered by someone else.

I noticed someone on the front page said it sounded electrical in nature,after hearing your vid, I agree, and have some wild speculation....

Very wild....

Crazy even.....

It sounds to me like electricity pylons, could the sound of that be being carried in the wind/air ???

Or mobile phone masts ??? (granted I don't know if they generate any noise ???).

Anyway, just thought I would mention

Oh another quick thought, some sort of feedback,perhaps from the above ???
edit on 12-7-2011 by solargeddon because: Another crazy a**sed notion

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Gotcha. No, I doubt you would be able to hear the planes themselves, as Greeneyedleo pointed out, A-10 are not that loud. However, the base is described as an Air-to-Ground Gunnery range, so it may be weapons testing.

Also, by your location, you're not to far off from Barksdale which also opperates (or opperated) several off-site bombing ranges in the national forest area. I can't tell if these sites are still active today, but I would have to think some are still opperational.

Barksdale AFB Off-Base Sites
edit on 7/12/2011 by amaster because: spelling

This sound is not from a bombing range. Nothing at a range (bombing or gunnery) would be this constant.....

this is something else...what? who knows...it is being heard around the world....and it is very very strange...

As suggested by someone....listen with headphones....it is much diff than reg speakers....you pick up on all kinds of little nosies....
edit on July 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
thats some crazy sounds ,sounds like a huge mothership hovering above cloaked up.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
thats some crazy sounds ,sounds like a huge mothership hovering above cloaked up.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yeah, sadly I can't watch the vids since I'm at work so I really don't know what this sound is. I'm just trying to spit-ball some possible explainations based on her location.

It would be interesting to pin point various reports of these sounds in relation to New Madrid Fault line.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I heard what I thought to be an enormous truck flying directly over my house a night ago, I ran outside to see but due to cloud cover ( as I see in your video as well ) I couldn't see anything. It sounded like an amplified fighter jet but lasted FAR too long. It was around 1:35 am and I stood outside in my underwear until 1:57 am. It had me completely confused. I had no proof so I didn't post.

Thank you for you video. S&F

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

That's true....it's been all over the U.S. and the U.K. and some other countries. All I know id that I lived next to the Belle Chase Naval Air Station for 7 years, so I know those sounds....this sound is not anything I have ever heard there. I'm not saying it is aliens or whatever....just that it's strange and it's unknown as of now.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Thanks! I'll look into that....I didn't know they did anything in the forrest. Every little bit of info helps.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yeah, sadly I can't watch the vids since I'm at work so I really don't know what this sound is. I'm just trying to spit-ball some possible explainations based on her location.

It would be interesting to pin point various reports of these sounds in relation to New Madrid Fault line.

Ah. Well when you can, try with headphones....so much better than speakers!
Its crazy for sure

And that would be good for someone to map out the location of the sounds!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by czygyny

True....and it could be anything. But where I am is not near any farms....we are next to a forrest. Not too many houses here. I'm sure there is an answer....there has to be. I'll call to make sure though. Thanks!
edit on 7/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

If no farmland, but forest, then perhaps logging equipment...delimbers, shredders, etc., something that would be large, loud and work continuously. Tall trees tend to hush sounds but will also deflect and channel them, too.

I always like to eliminate all the ordinary stuff before moving on to the extraordinary explanations.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join