It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Cool....I'm going to check it out. This noise was loud, however I have heard it once very faint off in the distance. It was loud enough for my neighbors to come outside too.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well I guess besides me and my fiancee...one of my co-workers happened to read this post and just commented that he had heard/felt the same thing last night. He lives approximately 35 miles to the east of me.

bw_drum

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.
~~Robert Frost (1874 - 1963), The Black Cottage

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There was a similar thread a while ago, a lot of folk concluded that it was ground tests of jet engines.

That would need a special airport facility though, you can't run jet engines continuously at a runway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I hear ya.......I have the same reaction.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

There was a rooster, but no cat
That's a good description though....it's a complex sound.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

I'll just say north Cental Louisiana....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Next time I record it. I'll do the glass of water thing and film it....thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
That was the sound of a rooster. Sound has been debunked.

Seriously though, good job on the recording.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Sounds eerily similar to the mysterious rumble heard in Florida recently

edit on 12-7-2011 by filthysanchez because: sorry posted a bad link

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I heard a sound a while back in the apcific northwest. From inside the house sounded like a rumbling truck was nextdoor. When I went outside It seemed to come from under the house or .... everwhere. It was weird because I eventually couldn't figure out in which direction it was coming from. But I know for a fact it reminded me of a idling rumbling truck engine.

I think it was some kind of thunder. Only last a few min. But it sounded exactly like a video I heard from FL.
edit on 12-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Very interesting sound you have captured there.
I was wondering what model cam/recorder you used to capture it and whether you could post a link to the original file(even audio only if not possible).
I'd love to run it through some audio analysers here and take a look.
Cheers.
T.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by filthysanchez
www.youtube.com...

Sounds eerily similar to the mysterious rumble heard in Florida recently

edit on 12-7-2011 by filthysanchez because: sorry posted a bad link

Yes, that's the same link I posted. Pratt & Whitney have a facilty to test jet and rocket engines in Palm Beach,
[Engine Center Facilities, Pratt & Whitney, West Palm Beach, FL]

I don't know how far this is from the OP though, maybe 500miles?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Yes.....the birds were making a lot of noise, and as you can hear (:lol
my rooster was freaking out....running around. My cat got under the bed and wouldn't come out. That's strange behaviour for him, because he can hear thunder, and is not scared at all. My cocker spaniel was whining all day (she never does that).

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by keepon

YES! That is a great description! Like a zapping electrical sound, combined with the sheet metal flapping noise, rumbles, and booming sounds. The volume flunctuates.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Thanks....I did that but didn't see anything. I drove around the whole area, and my neighbor did too. I'm going to check out your link....thanks again!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i've heard this in florida in the last few months. my son heard it as well. it only lasted about 2 minutes then seemed to get farther away and the sound kind of echoed back to us. i recall living in utah by an air force base and one day the entire sky was throbbing with this huge, deep decibel.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It reminds me of independence day hidden signal - The Countdown

From minute 1.17

lol

link   
The first thought that came to mind was a combine/harvester or some large farm equipment.

Sounds can be so tricky, weather conditions can certainly carry loud sounds unusually long distances but those tend to be directional, you can tell which way they come from, and unless you have some expensive audio recording equipment it just won't sound on video like you heard it live.

Ah for a hot-air balloon in times such as this. Then you can just pop up for a look around and pinpoint the source of the sound and the mystery would be solved.

link   
reply to post by Greensage

I just started responding to posts because I work nights....I promise I wasn't ignoring you. That machine is
a good idea...but it doesn't seem to be the same. Not saying it couldn't be....but it sounds too "steady". The noise I heard undulates like in waves for the most part.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
All jokes aside it really sounds like a semi-truck engine breaking.

Semi-truck engine breaking from what? And it makes that noise for a straight hour....? All jokes aside and what not......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join