It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 48
<< 45  46  47   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I think all these noises are a case of you have to hear them for yourself to know if it's unusual.
Thanks for making the video, I just can't tell if those noises really are unusual to you and your location. To me, for where I live, that would not be unusual, aside from the Rooster

It sounds like traffic or a washing machine

I was under the impression these rumbling noises actually had rumbling sounds.

The video westcoast posted is more of a hiss, or the sound of water running.
edit on 12-11-2011 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

I just went there, but couln't find it....this is getting crazy now. You know, when Doodle made that map, there was a disproportionate amount of reports on the east coast. This is driving me craaaaaaaaaaazy!!!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

You're right....you really have to hear it in person. I have been trying to describe it, but it's not easy. I have heard it several times in the past 6 months. The videos don't come close at all to what it's like in person. I'll try to describe what I heard.
It is like a sound with a "background: sound. I was sitting at my desk, and noticed the window right next to me was rattling very softly, but just enough that I noticed it. That caused me to open the window and I heard a sound which I can only describe as if someone had a huge piece of sheet metal and was shaking it side to side kind of like wah wah wah wah,,,,,I ran to get my camera, and by the time I got outside it was like a roaring sound was VERY loud.....It was a roaring /static noise which would ebb and flow with another sound which was constant,,,,the constant sound sounded like a giant blowtorch roaring (some have also described it as a suction sound but I would say more roaring than rumble or suction).....behind these sounds was very soft booms. As I stood out there I could feel the sound in my chest (you know how if you stand next to big speakers and turn the bass up very high....you "feel" it?) It kept building up for about 30 minutes, then suddenly stopped as if someone just "flipped a switch"...very abrupt. As I said, the video does not do it justice at all. I hope all this made sense
Myself, and a few other people were trying to find similar sounds to compare it too, and the closest sounds I could find was the sound of a volcano roaring before eruption (not saying there is a volcano, just that is what it sounds similar to)
edit on 11/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

As I stood out there I could feel the sound in my chest (you know how if you stand next to big speakers and turn the bass up very high....you "feel" it?)

This makes me wonder about the drilling & fracking there. It's like it's from the ground.
Have you spoke to any neighbors about this?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

c'mon guys... 48 pages of what is it? Really? Has anyone come up with testing prop driven aircraft engines on the tarmac at the local air base? I grew up near one on the west coast. P3 Sub Hunter Orions were four engine prop driven aircraft used to keep an eye on Soviet subs in the Pacific. They were stationed at a nearby military air base. Whenever they ran maintenance checks or repair ops. on these things they would park 'em at the end of the runway, tie 'em down, apply full brakes and run the engines up to full power on the ground for an hour; longer if they were having trouble with the particular aircraft.

Normally these planes are not run up to full power unless they are at sea or takeoff, so they were noisy. And by that I mean you could hear the drone of those four powerful engines over the entire valley floor from miles away. Especially when they ran the engines imbalanced. A resonance could be heard that sounded even louder than usual ( like wah wah wah even). The tests that are run are at full RPM, rich or lean, mixed rpm's between engines, and overall it was very disquieting. The reason they run those tests like that for an hour or more on these aircraft is to find out any faults on the ground instead of up in the air.

These noises sound exactly like the noise I used to hear in my childhood. Todays aircraft are similar. The C130 is prop driven with 4 engines and is used extensively around the world as transport and a weapons platform or gun ship in places like Afghanistan. I bet you live near one of these bases or maybe manufacturing plant for these or their engines? Not even nearby will still do. 20 miles away is still within loud zone.

When I heard your tape thru with headphones it brought back memories. I am not saying that this an explanation for all such mysterious noises, just this particular one. I guess it is disturbing because they are war machines built by Factories For War.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I Heard A Similar Noise But For Like 1 Minute

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Yes....that day everyone came outside and they all said the same thing. It was loud enough to hear from inside with a loud stero on.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No, the nearest one would be Barksdale in Shreveport, and it's a long way from here. I used to live next to Belle Chase Naval Station....VERY close to the runway....and had jets and planes flying over my house all the time...so I know those sounds. This is not it. I wish it were, like I said, the video doesn't do it justice. So yeah, we are still trying to find out what it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Caught it again today.....Everyone was outside & you can hear my nieghbor freaking out toward the end because it was getting so loud. Don't know what caused the red lines...my camera probably. I only caught a few minutes before my cameras batteries went out....but you can hear it . It was so loud and lasted about 20 minutes (aprox).....as usual, I drove around....nothing going on...no storms, no jets. This one really scared me....LOUD!

edit on 12/11/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Whatever it is doesn't capture well on that recording unfortunately?
Have you got a camcorder you can leave charged up for the next time to see if that gets it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

I know, and I apoligize. I put in a request with Santa for a camcorder
Today, I'm going to talk to some of the people on my street to see if any of them got a recording too....and if it's better than mine, I'll post it. That was all I had at that moment. It was so much more intense than that. It sounded like a loud roar ....like a giant blow torch above us. There isn't much around here (out in the sticks, I didn't record this in New Orleans).....my neighbors called Barksdale AFB, and they said they had no idea, we also checked weather and went all over the area to see if there was construction or equipment somewhere that could be causing it. I am the type who tries to find a logical explaination....but I have heard this on several occasions, and I just can't find an explaination as to what it is. It sounds like it's from above from all directions. I don't know how much of the thread you read, but I was saying I think it's something atmospheric (atmosphere, magnetosphere, ionosphere related somehow).....others think it is from the Earth itself, and is resonating in the atmosphere. I haven't got a clue.....It takes a lot to freak me out, but this noise does just that. Have you ever heard it?
edit on 12/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: added more

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Hope you find something to record it on....I suspect given the sound of it the device needs to be able to pick up a certain frequency...
I posted a few pages back - having heard it just the once a few weeks ago (may be longer than that)
Such an eerie sound. Not heard it again, and if I do I will try and record it on both my phone and my camera if I have it to hand see if they pick it up.
I think given the distance between peoples experiences - I would say its most likely an atmospheric thing...
Whatever it is - it is clearly not "normal" and not something people have heard before.
I wonder how anyone will get a clear answer though - because who would you ask? How can you test its origins?

Very intrigued by this all...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

your second video, i can hear it best in that one..

sounds like all the other ones too..

glad you caught it...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Very interesting videos indeed! Thanks for sharing.

I don't know if anyone else has suggested this but if the device you are using to record your videos has the option for a MIC input, you could find a decent grade quality MIC and see if it captures the sound better without the "background noise"

What about setting your camera on the ground to see if you pick it up better that way?

Seriously fascinating stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueOrNot

I have some better recordings here www.abovetopsecret.com...
There are some new ones at the end of the thread too....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a 4+ bladed helicopter hovering in the distance. Oh yes, they can hover low behind objects so scattering their sound and impossible to see.

top topics

<< 45  46  47   >>

join