It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

But would it be possible that the sounds we are hearing in the sky is from the cloud we are going through? Similar to listening to the wind?

After reading about the Earth's natural resonance, I'm wondering if this could be affecting it?
Isn't this cloud we're passing through behind the theory of the solar system heating up?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks Clouds....the more reports the better! I really appreciate it!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Now THAT is interesting! I have so many thoughts on this and you have just added one more
I am going to read more on this.....thanks so much and I hope you will continue to post here. This is very interesting!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Isn't this cloud we're passing through behind the theory of the solar system heating up?

Hello Don,

I believe it is one of the theories. I found an interesting article from an ancient thread here on ATS:

Thread : The Whole Solar System is Undergoing Global Warming.

Interesting link : Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud

What I really am looking for is some phenomena that started roughly a year ago or so that could be a cause. I believe that this interstellar cloud could be it.

The ozone layer is heavily punctured, the magnetosphere has quite an opened gap and is thinner. Now imagine when you blow above a bottle's neck...the sound you hear...This could be it, on a larger scale. Or maybe not...

I am no scientist and could totally be wrong.

Yet I think it's worth looking into.

edit on 2-11-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You know, the Sun has been doing some different and unexpected things too lately....this could all be linked somehow...but like you, I'm no scientist...but I'll keep looking and hopefully all these ideas may come to some sort of explaination.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Kat

The booms and rattles happened again in Ocean City. MD , this is the third week in a row !

Local news station is not even reporting it anymore , they're saying if you can tell them what the noise is than they'll report it.

Here is their Facebook site.www.facebook.com...

What can it be ?
edit on 2-11-2011 by iprotectwildlife because: had wrong link

edit on 2-11-2011 by iprotectwildlife because: because i can't spell

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
is exactly the same noise i have been hearing by night at my home. I live in the old part of the city, a very crowded one btw, and i have been hearing trucks and trains (yup, i live nearly to the main train station) all my life, and that noise doesn't sound like those vehicles.
Is nice to see that somebody posted a video with the actual sound, to compare it with the one I hear by night.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

Wow....and I see you guys are also having potholes etc....I just wonder if it is some type of seismic activitiy. Not trying to scare you, but many times these booms precede earthquakes....and you have had one recently. Please be prepared just in case that's what it is. If it's not, it's a true mystery. Try to have a recording device if you can so we can hear it.....I know it's hard to catch, but keep sopmething with you, and if it happens turn in on in case you get more than one boom. Thanks for letting me know about it.....really interesting, and I'll keep watch on it. I will be going to work soon....but still post if anything else happens.
Does it still sound like it's coming from offshore?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

Thanks for posting! Do you hear it often? If you can record it please do....is it the roaring sound or the booming sound? You know earthquake sounds for sure being in Chile right? Does it sound different than that?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Wow....and I see you guys are also having potholes etc....I just wonder if it is some type of seismic activitiy. Not trying to scare you, but many times these booms precede earthquakes....and you have had one recently. Please be prepared just in case that's what it is. If it's not, it's a true mystery. Try to have a recording device if you can so we can hear it.....I know it's hard to catch, but keep sopmething with you, and if it happens turn in on in case you get more than one boom. Thanks for letting me know about it.....really interesting, and I'll keep watch on it. I will be going to work soon....but still post if anything else happens.
Does it still sound like it's coming from offshore?

Seismic is where that nagging little voice in my head keeps taking me. I noticed on the map
that most of the action is on the East Coast & I'm drawn somehow to the idea of the North American Plate
shifting around since the volcano in Iceland started acting up. Seems we've had an uptick in seismic
activity in odd places since. Lava flow, anyone?

I live in a quake prone area as well but it's Southern Cali & it's VERY noisy & having a fountain outside my front door doesn't help either, so I've not been able to hear these sounds if they're occurring here.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

From the reports, there is a large concentration on the east coast....but also, the west caost and gulf coast has a concentration. Don't know if the coastal areas mean anything or not.....but then that brings me back to the old "whatever it is HAS to be able to be heard all over the world"....that's what makes me think it can't ALL be siesmic....and THAT brings me back to the atmosphere, magnetosphere/ionosphere....because THAT would be all over the world. No doubt, much of it could be siesmic....but it can't be "THE" noise....**ouch! My head hurts!!!!**

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
You forgot to mention the rooster in the beginning of the video.

Yep and I had headphones on with volume turned up full.

Went sorta like this...

edit on 3-11-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Sorry! That rooster showed up at my house one day and I sort of adopted him....so taking video in the early morning is almost impossible without his input now!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Don

My thoughts exactly...I have not heard the booms ,as I am 30 miles inland ,but I have heard the roaring . It started here a week before the Japan quake in March.

I posted back in March that I felt somehow the Mid Atlantic Ridge was involved.

I know this is from Wikipedia but it is an interesting read and it even mentions sea floor spreading.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I heard it this morning again, but by the time I got the camera, it had stopped. It was VERY loud. This was the only time since my last recording that I have heard it, but it was also the loudest.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Was it a roaring sound or the booming sound ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The roar....I have never heard the boom alone except a couple of years ago when they said we had a small meteor hit in our area...I'll see if I can find the article. They never really said that was what it was 100%. The times I have heard it, it has always been the roaring sound (with faint booms behind the roar. The time we had the "boom" it was in the afternoon a couple of years ago. I was at my computer next to the window and all the sudden a huge boom shook the house and it was the loudest thing I ever heard. Our windows had cracks, and it happened all over town. it was heard from central Louisiana to Shreveport (north Louisiana).....the news said it was not a jet according to Barksdale AFB, and after weeks of investigation, no answers so they "guessed it was a meteor. That evening there was a weird blue ring in the sky that was seen all the way to Alabama! Someone from Alabama took a photo, and they calculated that it did indeed come from central Louisiana....I'll try to find the article and photo.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Here is a thread about the "boom" I described earlier here....I can't find the photo of the blue light from Alabama....but if I find it I'll post it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by iprotectwildlife

Don

My thoughts exactly...I have not heard the booms ,as I am 30 miles inland ,but I have heard the roaring . It started here a week before the Japan quake in March.

I posted back in March that I felt somehow the Mid Atlantic Ridge was involved.

I know this is from Wikipedia but it is an interesting read and it even mentions sea floor spreading.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the link. As Kat said it seems atmospheric & the sounds are being heard around the world. If it is related to the Mid Atlantic Ridge maybe it's like a pebble in the pond effect?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Kat

The "booms" are back in Ocean City, MD !!

See the comments here.

www.facebook.com...

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join