It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I just did....in the subduction one, you can skip the very beginning to the part where the floor slides. Skip to 2:30 to see the crazy stuff!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Some good thoughts there, MamaJ.

I'm pretty sure that there is a link between whale and dolphin beachings and quake activity in some cases. These animals are very sensitive to sound. If in some cases there is sound energy propagated before a major quake, it may be below our range of hearing, but they can hear such sounds and they could be very loud -- even at distances of hundreds of km or more.

I recall that shortly before the Dec 2004 quake and tsunami, there were beachings of whales north of NZ. Okay, that region is a long way from the quake's epicenter, but following plate theory, it could be argued that some energy release occured closer to where the whales were -- and perhaps they either got confused and lost and then ran aground, or else they were desperate to get away from distressing noise.

As for the rumbling and other low sounds that are being reported from many parts of the world, I have no idea if there is any single, common cause. It could be that there are several sources, and now that so many of us have the ability to report what we see and hear from almost anywhere in the world (instead of relying solely on what the msm reported to us for so many years), these reports are getting out -- as it's impossible for TPTB to suppress them all.

We know that in some parts of the US, for example, such sounds were reported back in the 19th century and even earlier -- but few outside of those regions knew about them. Now, with "citizen reporters" everywhere, and a growing awareness that "Other people are hearing the same thing, so I'm not crazy!", we are getting more reports.

Just look at what's being collated in this thread and the others like it on ATS. There is a huge body of evidence here that these sounds exist, they're not always explicable as aircraft, mining, tunneling, or whatever -- and even so, how much do we hear of it in the msm? Very little. Even when reported by the msm, there are few serious attempts to follow up on the reports or collate them.

Also, even allowing for the "citizen reporter" aspect I've mentioned, there seems to be an actual net increase in these events. Whatever the cause of these various sounds may be, one thing is fundamental: creating sounds that are quite loud and can be heard for miles and sometimes for hours requires energy and lots of it. So, conversion of energy (a la the high school physics definition of "conversion") is taking place in many different places.

What is the source of that energy? Or the various sources? And why is it happening now?

Those are the questions that have me most puzzled and I can't see any simple answer.

Mike

edit on 22/10/11 by JustMike because: typos... lotsa typos...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
MamaJ....check this out. There ARE volcanoes in the GOM...if BP drilled into one, I wonder if it could cause plate movement like some kind of chain reaction which could somehow produce sound? I don't know much about all that, so maybe someone who knows can tell me if it's possible....
swww.marum.de...

edit on 10/22/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

It is so puzzling.

Everyone hears it around the world. How? Sea floor spreading due to volcanic activity? Crust expanding? Possibly a Super Volcano growing and or about to blow? All of the above!!!!?

If a Super Volcano builds pressure and gases for years and years, as you said in the other thread, we do not know what to expect years leading to a massive eruption unlike we have ever seen (or HEARD).

The sounds within the water could cause an intensity in the sea life and cause them to be confused as their sense of hearing is lost. They will go places they usually do not go to and then as one follows in the confusion you may have mass die outs.

People may indeed hear the echoes from the sea and this sound may be loud enough to last as the pressure builds. ??

Just thinking out loud.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah I really think we are on to something. The sounds via the sea floor spreading can be the cause. Whether it be plates, crust, or an impending Super Volcano eruption...just don't know. We have always had EQ's and continental drift so it would be hard to pin the noise on just that. It just seems like there is more. I'm going to watch the other video now...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I agree! I am pretty sure it is a natural sound....you know how with thunderstorms, they talk about ducting with thunder? Well perhaps ducting can also occur from other loud noises, such as this? Kind of like an echo....Tropospheric ducting involves heating up the atmosphere as you posted about earlier....read this (the second part)
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10/22/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just something of interest....For the hell of it,I went to marintraffic.com to see if any ships were still in the area of the Macondo well. It is blocked out! Meaning either they are not letting ships go through there, or they are not showing ships in the area for some reason. I remember during the spill, I would go there, and when you looked up certain ships, it would say "stay 3 miles away" from the site....I always wondered what that was all about. There was and is so much suspicious activity concerning that well. The way they wouldn't let reporters go there etc. I don't know why, but my guess is there is something there that they are hiding.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's amazing that we are thinking alike - I posted almost the same thing here a few days ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe we're onto something .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

Wow
As soon as I heard that recording, I thought it sounded so much like the sound I heard. Have you read all the posts here from today that MamaJ and I posted? It is very interesting....yes I think we might be onto something!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yes I have read all the posts . You both are thinking along the same lines as I am. I agree it is an Earth sound.

I have GEE and have tried to see if the sounds correlate with any earthquakes in the Atlantic Ocean but have been unable to find a station .

Our ancestors were more in tune with Earth and it's sounds and knew when danger was ahead. Most people don't listen to the Earth anymore .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That's true....sadly. GEE has been kind of quirky the past few days...I'm going to try it again. Keep up the good work!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iprotectwildlife

Yes I have read all the posts . You both are thinking along the same lines as I am. I agree it is an Earth sound.

I have GEE and have tried to see if the sounds correlate with any earthquakes in the Atlantic Ocean but have been unable to find a station .

Our ancestors were more in tune with Earth and it's sounds and knew when danger was ahead. Most people don't listen to the Earth anymore .

It is sad how we have lost our way from being so connected to so distant. With that said, in our defense we have not ever heard what it may sound like before a massive Volcanic (Super) eruption. They say it can take hundreds and thousands of years to build. If that is the case we may begin hearing sounds 50 years prior?

Who knows....but again, I think we "warm" and I also hope I am wrong on the impending Super Volcano Eruption. Magma is feeding and it may even be methane driven ..... still looking into this.
xoxox

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

OK....you said it first. I was going to mention something about methane but wasn't sure.Those explosions in the GOM....part of those were methane eruptions. I think that is why the ships were told to stay 3 miles out. Methane burst can make the water less buoyant, and make ships sink. We saw HUGE craters on the seafloor from these bursts....

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am hoping that you are incorrect about a supervolcano but I agree it is possible.

I think we all should be listening now instead of commenting that it may be something man
made and dismissing the possibilty that it is not.

I will continue to listen and I know that you and StealthyKat will too.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I have my camera with me always now in case I hear it again

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by MamaJ

OK....you said it first. I was going to mention something about methane but wasn't sure.Those explosions in the GOM....part of those were methane eruptions. I think that is why the ships were told to stay 3 miles out. Methane burst can make the water less buoyant, and make ships sink. We saw HUGE craters on the seafloor from these bursts....

And if this is correct then Alvin over at extinction protocol may be in fact well ahead of us. There are many who like him and his site and others who are very doubtful he knows what he is talking about. I have been on the fence but now I am beginning to think I need to hang out on that site and ask questions. I just got the book and have read only some of it, but will check and see if it mentions methane. I am certain it will....I think the book is like 600 plus pages!!!!

He too thinks the oceans are rising with methane and if you think about it.... The mysteries surrounding the Bermuda Triangle may not be such a mystery after all ship disappearances. Maybe the methane in the area has always been high??
If this is the case why do we not know and I think I remember hearing stories where people reported seeing "bubbles" in the water. This is a big tell tell sign, wouldn't you agree?

One thing leads to another doesn't it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iprotectwildlife
reply to post by MamaJ

I am hoping that you are incorrect about a supervolcano but I agree it is possible.

I think we all should be listening now instead of commenting that it may be something man
made and dismissing the possibilty that it is not.

I will continue to listen and I know that you and StealthyKat will too.

I totally agree and yeah, hope the super volcano theory is way off, time will tell. I think we have a lot of pieces of the puzzle, we just need to put them together to see what or if they align and make a bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yes, it certainly does....a methane explosion would be very bad news. I just had a creepy thought though....many people (including myself) describe the sound as a giant blowtorch or gas venting....I just wonder....could it be methane or would it not make a sound? I need to check this out....See you when I get home from work in the morning! Goodnight all!

Have you ever seen this? It's what would happen if there was a methane bubble explosion...

edit on 10/22/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hi everyone....I am beginning to find some new recordings from October. I will no longer include the "godzilla" sounds, as I am almost positive they are hoaxs. What I am interested in are the roar, rumble, grinding gear and static noises.

This is from October 10 2011 Sanford N.C.

October 19 2011 Southern Colorado

October 19 Chicopee Massachusetts (use headphones pressed against ears to hear this one best)

October4 2011 St Petersburg Russia (person said the earth under his feet was vibrating) LOUD!

Glens Falls New York

Sept 24 2011 Michigan

Sept 25 2011 Michigan same location

This is in the UK

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And some more....

August 28 & 31 2011 Palomar

I may have posted it before, but this article from 2009 caught my interest. Sound cannot be heard in space, but what if something is occuring which converts the radio signals somehow? Far fetched, I know....but except for that problem, this would have been a good explanation.....www.space.com...

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join