It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

No.....there was not any construction...I drove all over trying to find the source. There is a road close by, but not much traffic (a truck went by on the video, and I pointed it out at 2:50) The truck sounded very different. The sound was coming from all directions....it's hard to describe.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for sharing that.....did you hear the "sheet metal" womping sound too? Or was it just the roaring?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by followingpythagoras

The first time I heard it, I was terrified......but I have heard it a few times now, so I am just concentrating on trying to find out what it could be. But yeah, it's creepy sounding, and very hard to explain the sound to people, because there is nothing to compare it to.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

A truck went by at 2:50 in the video.....but nothing else. I was watching the road thinking maybe it was road construction or trucks. No traffic except for the one truck.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Could be ground stretching, like a seismic event. Watch out for new sink holes in your area, or water mains and/or gas lines breaking. Of course TPTB will say something to the effect of rain causing washout or whatever, but that sound in conjunction with sink holes, water mains and gas lines breaking and the smell of methane gas leads me to believe that you are close to a fault line. So, pay attention, pay attention, pay attention. It may get worse.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks.....It gives me the impression of electricity too......sort of the sound of surges? About the road or construction theory....what nixes that is the fact that I have heard it at night a couple of times....As soon as I hear it again, I'll post another, hopefully better, video!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeattlesFinest
These posts have been popping up for some time now. These all are very interesting and unexplained events that have been taking place.
Logically I have no idea but my conspiracy side is screaming HAARP.. lol juss sayin.

My conspiracy side is screaming huge visually stealthy motherships from Nibiru with the capability and capacity to evacuate 144000 humans

Ko3

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I can't say that's impossible, but I haven't seen anything going on, and where I am is protected forrest (national forrest) so I don't know if they could do that here. It was from above though....you know how if you hear a jet, you look up? Same thing here....only no jet.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hello all,

First off...Hello

Now that I have formally said hi....Great Post OP!
I have been an ATS lurker for about a year now or so and just had to post finally....
These sounds are being heard all over from the sound of things here on ATS as well as talking to people I know.
I live in South central Ohio (just at the edge of the Appalachian mountains and foot hills here - just a location note) and myself as well as a few people I know have heard very similar noises to this. As a matter of fact just last night after a storm. Yes I know it could be attributed to thunder, but I have never heard low grade/frequency "waves" of thunder like this, continuously for over 30 minutes, then abruptly cut off.
I will have to agree with the OP, it's more felt than heard and gives a very strange feeling.
Also as background I am an audio engineer as well, and and very familiar with sound frequency and effects it can have on hearing and on your body. This sound seems to bother me more on a "feeling" than the audio produced.
This is about the third time I have experienced this as well. My fiancee heard it as well and just thought it was wind from the storm at the time. Odd thing is, she had hearing issues and again "felt" this more than heard. She even remarked that it was odd she could "hear" the wind from the storm that well.
Just my two cents here. I will try to get audio recording myself if I can get to my gear and a good mic in time. Last attempt the sound was gone before I had a chance...plus noisy neighbors wouldn't help the quality, me living in a town home complex. Time to invest in another portable recorder I suppose

bw_drum

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.
~~Robert Frost (1874 - 1963), The Black Cottage

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

Anything is possible....but we are so far from anything like that. I'm certainly open to all ideas though.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Great idea.....I'm going to go read that!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Hey girl! since we live in the same state, can you try to catch it too so we can compare? I'm so glad someone else has heard it....and yes, it's very scary when you hear it live. How many times have you heard it? Day or night? I have heard it both day and night....and yes.........it is Africa hot here!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And also to be noted the last two times I experienced this sound was:
Once this past spring (April 2011 I believe)....totally clear night, no storms, no bad weather and no wind anywhere close to us. More felt this one, inside the apartment. By the way my neighbors were both gone at the time....so no loud media center or anything like that. Just felt this low rumbling for about half an hour or so. Then it stopped. At bed time both my Fiancee and I both felt it again only lower level this time. But later we both can swear it felt as if the bed was being shaken by someone very lightly for almost 5 minutes. Enough to wake us and make us notice before it stopped. No idea how long it went on before that.

The first time was this last winter about mid December 2010 I think...during a snow (not a storm, just powdery light snow) and was told by a neighbor it sounded like thunder...thunder than continued pretty much uninterrupted for about 20 minutes, then stopped, then started for another 5 or so, then very loud almost explosions...shook the windows even and got people outside quickly on that. Then nothing. No more sound, no more snow and NOTHING in the local news.

bw_drum

Most of the change we think we see in life is due to truths being in and out of favor.
~~Robert Frost (1874 - 1963), The Black Cottage

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

You described the feeling perfectly....it's a visceral feeling.
edit on 7/12/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Can you try to record it if you hear it again? I would love it if others who hear it could record it so we can compare.....if you can, please try to ok?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yikes! Whatever it is I do not like it, at all.

That's no weather... It sounds electric / electronic.

I wonder if you could break it down somehow, if there's something else within just the noise of it.

It's funny how many are reporting this all over the place. I started a thread the other day about how it seems as thought we are about 3 or 4 weeks off and how time is accelerated and the sun, moon, stars, etc... have all shifted somehow. Can't explain it but that is also being reported all over the world. Not saying it's related, just interesting...

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I heard it once before even louder if you can imagine that. There is Barksdale way north of us.....but it's pretty far....I know it wasn't a jet because it lasted so long. No construction here....I'm way out in the boonies!
I am determined to catch it again and get a better recording so I can find out what it is.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Yes, it's almost like a static electricity feeling.....but fear can cause that too.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The swooshing sound is my camera (at the end) ....for some reason it does that when batteries are low. I have stocked up on batteries and waiting for it to happen again so I can get a better recording.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I have not heard it in my area, East Coast US, although now that I have read this I remember hearing what I thought was jets flying around pretty much all day last Sunday. At one point I commented to my husband that there must an air show or the military is doing something today... it probably was just jets. But next time I'll pay attention more closely.

I was doing some poking around and in relation to what I posted about time going faster... I also read that many people from all parts of the world have commented that time is going faster and recently, everyday at a certain time they hear strange noises... either from the sky or just a humming/buzzing noise in general with no point of origin.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join