It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I wonder if other soil movement could cause this...or water?

Exactly what I'm thinking. After going through some of the vids, I'm convinced
some are fake, like the Kieve (sp?) video. Too mechanical & unnatural. These
dunes have a very natural sound & produce E, F & G tonal ranges, like some
of the other videos.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

That is a really cool video. I have to wonder though....if the sea bed is indeed spreading as some say...then would it not make a noise like that with perhaps vibrations as well?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't know about the others here, but I have never seen that video. Very interesting! Thank you for posting.

Now I have to wonder, in other areas (that are not sandy) what would cause the similar sounds to occur

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

That is a really cool video. I have to wonder though....if the sea bed is indeed spreading as some say...then would it not make a noise like that with perhaps vibrations as well?

Not sure. Maybe that would explain the Seneca Guns.
It's the isolated cases hundreds of miles inland that would require
a different theory. After watching the video, the first thing I thought
was, "that explains Taos, NM" but I'm not sure if they have dunes
up that way.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I wonder if magma could make a sound when flowing like that (under the Earth?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The sea bed in the Gulf was damaged so bad from the incident with BP....I wonder if other seabeds around the world have been damaged in this way ....which could cause the cavitation Westcoast brought up. I covered the underwater cams extensively www.abovetopsecret.com... and recorded many videos showing huge gaping holes and cracks all over the seabed....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

You and me both! I keep getting you and MamaJ confused....2 hot blondes with similar photos
There are several theories popping up....I love the people here....some great minds!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Then Hawaii would be a hot-spot no pun intended!
I'm thinking soil being put in motion somehow. Not sure how, but maybe
a friendly geologist type from the quake watch thread could shed some light?

Seems to be a few of these set up in the south:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Yes. I've seen these vids...but the only problem is , it has to be something which can occur anywhere in the world....which kind of eliminates this. That being said, it could account for some of the reports.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

+1.
I'm leaning towards something under our feet.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That's one theory....and why we are doing the map...I can't wait to see what it shows! Check this out Don www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=12392519#pid12392519

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Damn that's weird. I'm getting spooked with all this.
Personally, I'd LOVE to hear these sounds but I
live in Southern California & it's non-stop racket
all the time.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

LOL! I hear ya....maybe go camping one weekend and bring a camcorder.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hi All!

I just happened to catch the local news last night (Knoxville, TN) and I was surprised to see that their lead story was about a neighborhood experiencing shakes and loud booms. I was going to post last night after the report, but decided to wait hoping that they would post the story to their website with video.

They only posted a condensed version of what they aired.

Neighborhood terrified by mysterious shaking

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Adrienne Hooker doesn't feel safe at home. Her Blount County neighborhood has a problem - it shakes.

For 2 days, the house rocks every few hours. It can sound like an explosion.

She describes it like this: "Tiny earthquakes, makes the whole house shake it makes everyone wake up if they're sleeping."

They've called the U.S. Geological Survey, but no earthquakes have been reported.

They thought it might be construction at a nearby house, but the Blount County Sheriff's Office checked. Another dead end.

The "what" isn't all that important, they just want it to stop.

www.volunteertv.com

In the news segment the reported stated, while there getting information for the story he had felt the shaking. That the police officers that responded to their reports had also felt it. The reporter compared it to putting your hand on the hood (bonnet) of a running car. That sort of vibration. The resident quoted above stated that at times it sounds like a bomb goes off over her house, then it shakes. She is so worried about what is happening that she has decided to stay in a hotel.

While we were watching the news segment, my husband recognized the neighborhood. He works in construction and one of his clients had a project there. He told me where it was located (along the Tennessee River, just off I-140) and that today if he has time he will drive over and act like he is trolling for a new project and see if he feels or hears anything. I have played many of the sound videos for him, so he does know what to listen for.

The only thing I can think of that would make an everyday explanation for this happening is the neighborhood is located not too far from McGhee Tyson Airport which is were the 134th Air Refueling Wing is based out of. But surely if I made that connection, someone else did too.

I did DVR the news segment, but the only way I can get the video here would be to film the screen with a camera, then upload that (I know that's frowned upon). And if you would like to see a map of where the neighborhood is, I can post that also.

Thanks everyone!
OiO
edit on 23-9-2011 by OneisOne because: forgot news link.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

A map would be helpful especially for Kat since she's putting
one together. Thanks One your story just made me realize something,
that most of these noises are occurring at night. Not all, but it seems most
take place in the wee hours.

I have no theory on the booms, but a sort of theory on the hums or drone like noises.
I'd like to get puterman or westcoast maybe to straighten me out, because I'm
fascinated & a little creeped out by all this, & they have the big, juicy Quakeoligist brains.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Good work One! This is really becoming odd....I have been seeing reports of people whose homes are shaking.Most in Tennessee and Missouri....Texas had another small quake today...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hi Don....I noticed that there are more reports at night too....any thoughts on why that could be?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
OK.... first time using the new ATS photo upload. (eck!)

The area is Lashbrooke in Louisville, TN 37777

I'll keep an eye on the local news and see if anything else is reported.

OiO

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hey what did I miss? Geesh, I am gone for 24 hours and feel like I have to read a Stephen King novel to get caught back up. What happened here? What is going on in my own "backyard"?

This site is amazing in the information that is provided but hard to follow so many different threads.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I'm not sure. This rabbit hole is getting deep, though.
One thing I will CAUTIOUSLY speculate on, since the volcano
in Iceland began acting up I'm wondering if the North American
& the Mid-Atlantic plates aren't causing a chain reaction of sorts.
Link

It's well known before the New Madrid shook in 1811 there were
many accounts of loud booms.
Link

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join