It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I've listened to a few of these now and they are definitely not easily explained. I use high quality DJ headphones, and I can clearly hear electrial impulses, rhythmic bleeps and the bass is highly unnatural. I will not listen to them anymore so I don't know if this example fits this description.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

No changes in air pressure that I am aware of....and this was in north central Louisiana.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Sorry! That was Bach, my pet rooster, he was freaking out! He was what drew my attention to it though, because he was running around crowing so much, which is unusual behaviour for him. That does sound similar (video).........it was strange and hard to describe, like sheet metal wobbling, and a rommm rommm sound with booms every now and then. The video doesn't really do it justice.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I tries to figure out what it could be, but came up with nothing. It definitly came from the sky.....also, it doesn't show up much on the video, but the sky had flashes of light every now and then (no lightening, no storms), You might be able to make it out on the vid, but it didn't show up to well.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

It does!
I'm just stumped as to what it is.....I even drove around one day when I heard it, to see if construction was going on etc....nothing. This is way out in the country, no industry or anything near here.....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would suggest the obvious, hope on a bike or motorbike or in your car with your camera and pin point the source, its not that hard to do and it will give you the answer you seek. Obviously its close by and sound does travel, so you need to factor in the direction of the wind that way you have bearing in which direction you need to travel.

edit:

Not sure of your financial status but this will set you back several hundred dollars but it will give eye's in the sky's. You can pre-program the unit on gps readings so you do not need remote control as its internal gps nav guide will do what you tell it to do, so when it returns you regain radio control of the unit once in range. The only restriction is the fuel capacity.

Camera units: www.flycamone.com... ( about 40-60 $ )
edit on 12-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I tries to figure out what it could be, but came up with nothing. It definitly came from the sky.....
So are you thinking some kind of aircraft? Or could the source have been on the ground and it just reflected from the sky?

I have a suggestion next time you hear it. Cup your hands behind your ears, which blocks the sound coming from behind your ears. Then as you rotate your body, see if the sound is louder in any particular direction. If it is, then you know where to look for construction equipment, etc. I thought there were a lot of great suggestions in this thread on what it could be, like the road eater.

I once heard a sound I couldn't identify, and it frustrated me a little bit. But I was 20 miles from a military base and I suspected it was coming from there, though I never confirmed it. Thanks for recording it and good luck figuring out what it is.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
You most likely live near an private underground military base.

Could extend for miles.

Literally could be an underground train.

Not sure though. As a person who has been following this phenomenon on ATS for quite a while, I am convinced that the military has a hand in this. The sounds are far too steady paced to be something natural.

Could you describe the sound more please though? Quality was iffy - great video nonetheless.

I think noise complaints of this kind are usually assosciated with rail lines and windmills.

I couldn't say, but usually a windmill of rail line is to blame. And they don't necessarily have to be that close to where you are, often even miles away and you could be completely oblivious to their existence.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I have my camera ready, and if I hear it again, I'm going to record it and hopefully get better sound. It's very hard to describe. OK....you know how when you get a piece of sheet metal and shake it side to side, the sound that makes? That is the predominate sound.....but there is a buzzing sound like electricity,low rumbles and booming sounds.....when it stops, it's very sudden.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I wonder how far away it could be for me to hear that? I have driven around on two occasions to see if there was anything like that going on....but nothing. This is out in the middle of nowhere, not much going on.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Maybe I should put a warning up
He was flippin out!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I wonder how far away it could be for me to hear that? I have driven around on two occasions to see if there was anything like that going on....but nothing. This is out in the middle of nowhere, not much going on.
Unfortunately Google doesn't update their satellite imagery too often, but they usually show the date of the imagery, there's even a time slider in Google Earth.

You can cover a lot more area in the satellite image than you can driving around. Maybe there's something 8 miles away that you don't even know about that shows up in the satellite image? Sound can carry, especially if you're downwind from it. I'd look at satellite imagery of the surrounding area if I was you.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

That sound was from my camera, because it was low on batteries....
I have no idea why it does that when it's low). I just put new ones in it, and hoping to hear it again so I can make a better recording.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Skewed

I tries to figure out what it could be, but came up with nothing. It definitly came from the sky.....also, it doesn't show up much on the video, but the sky had flashes of light every now and then (no lightening, no storms), You might be able to make it out on the vid, but it didn't show up to well.

A thought that occurred to me while reading through the thread was that we were just hit with a glancing blow from a small CME.

A coronal mass ejection hit Earth's magnetic field around 0852 UT on July 11th

Space Weather

You said there were occasional lights in the sky. That could have been from the CME much like Northern Lights.

I agree that the sound could be coming from the ground and relfecting off the clouds, thus making it seem to be coming from the sky. However, could it be coming from the sky? If it was a by-product of the CME colliding with the atmosphere, it would be coming from the sky much like thunder.

Just a thought. I am no expert in this. Just wanted to add this possibility.

It would be interesting if someone could correlate past CME's with occurrences of the sound.

Be well.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

That does sound similar! That's what I was saying.....the video doesn't do it justice. That's why the rooster is freaking out.....it was scary. My cat hid under the bed and wouldn't come out

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

It does sound a little like it, but this sound was coming from everywhere, as if it were surround sound. Like I said earlier, I am in the country, with nothing much around. I did drive around trying to see if anything was going on but there was nothing. I'm not saying that it is a ufo or anything like that....just that it's a strange sound.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
I thought I was hearing the humming/rumbling sound as well. Took me a while to figure it out but finally tracked it down to a train in the distance.

A TRAIN? For an hour or more? I think not. I have lived near trains and further away from trains - and NEVER have I heard them for more than about 10 minutes.

I don't think it is a train.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Interesting......I'm going to try to look it up. This house is on the outskirts of the Kistache National Forrest....nothing but trees around here, and very remote.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

damn rooster! ......That's EXACTLY how it was "undulating" is how I would describe it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My thoughts didn't get the time of day so I guess I will post some videos.

There is no phenomenon, this is just humans blasting the 'you-know-what' out of their orchards. If anything the neighborhood is getting a dose of pesticides at the same time. These things are also used to deter birds.

Air-blast Sprayers

Sorry, but I bet you have field crops nearby or an orchard.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join