It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
All the vids I've heard so far sound like one of these....

Road resurfacing : asphalt scraper

They sound terrifying if you're nearby while they're scraping.
What you have linked to is commonly referred to as a milling machine; I spent the better part of 16 years building roads and doing re-works, and am very familiar with them; the particular one in the link has a large (approximately 8' diameter) drum with rows of welded shanks and teeth that grind away the asphalt/concrete from anywhere from a quarter of an inch to a foot in depth at a time; never have I heard one making the sound(s) that kat has recorded; plus there would be regular breaks or changes in the sound as the trucks swap out every minute or so, not to mention you would also hear the truck exhaust as they pulled out... in order for the sound to last for over an hour if it is a milling machine would require them to be removing a single lane of highway at least a mile in length; construction of that size would be very noticeable;and she does state that there is no construction in the area...

very good work, Kat, please try to capture more for us; sounds almost like a high voltage capacitance induction charge and cyclic discharge...

seeker

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't think it's in the sky OP.

Somebody is drilling / fracking nearby, setting up gas wells...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

How exactly do you know it is coming from the sky?

Sound can travel pretty far...and I assume it can echo off of cloud cover like that. Isn't it possible it is sound from a distant factory or construction site that appears to be coming from the sky?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hmmm... puzzelling. Can't say I ca nthink of anything that possibly makes that sound that you already didn't mention WAS NOT the cause. Perhaps though it is possible it is more than one sound too...

If you have to frequencies going at the same time that are within about 10 hz of each other then you hear something called a beat frequency, which is basically just a "beat" caused between the two waves. In this case the two frequencies are about 1 hz-2hz apart because you hear 1-2 "beats" per second.

Hope this helps a little. F+S

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
YAY Kat!!!

Way to go catching and recording this terrifying sound! I am sick of hearing it, it scares the living crap outta me. I haven't caught it lately 'cause it's too dang hot to spend any long stretch of time outside rite now. It never fails to incite my "Flight or Fight" instinct after a minute. I feel the urge to run like hell every time I hear it.

As for the rooster, sounds like home to me!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by westcoast

I do not know you but I like you already. I listened to your audio on that video clip and I want to say one thing. While morning glory seeds are more potent that psilocybin in creating auditory hallucinations they are dangerous because they cause depression that can ultimately lead to suicide. Be careful!

Funny.... seeing as how you said you like me though, I'll roll with the punches.

Seriously though, Jennybee really makes a good point. It is hard to explain the reaction I have to the sound, it is almost like a primal instinct to fear it. I've lived in this valley for over 20 yrs and the last couple of years it started up, with the past six months being almost constant. It was only as loud as the OPs post once and I was unable to get it recorded that day. As I said, I know it is faint and hard to hear it on my recording, but sounds just like the OP's. To me, it seems to come from the ground and bounce off the sky....I can feel it reverberating in my body more than I can hear it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yep, westcoast, I feel it as much as hear it. It is in my chest and ears, kinda like really loud bass music, only the percussion parts. It almost seems "concussive" sometimes, ya know?? It really gives me the freakies every time. I keep waiting breathlessly for some ENORMOUS 'something' to show itself, but it never happens. Just builds to a crescendo and then fades...... but it makes wanna run for my life every time!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
S&F thanks for sharing and glad you captured it! I heard roughly the same thing here Saturday.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

HOLY COW that was loud. I listend with some high end headphones.....and I could feel it in my heart.

This phenomon facinates me. I lived on figher jet and bomber bases for a number of years....many of the sounds heard and recorded to me sounds like what engine checks would sound like - where they run the engines on all the jets at once for awhile.

However, if nobody is near a base, then it cant be that.

Your capture sounds a bit different than the others though. Hard to explain how. Maybe because it is so flippn loud. You filiming thru trees, etc makes it a bit creepy too

I do have a question....was there or is there ANY construction going on anywhere in the area? Drilling? Road Work? There are some bases near you, so maybe it was something happening there. But really, Im grasping at straws like everyone else!

Thanks for capturing it and sharing....the mystery continues....

Oh another thought....contact the news....see if they will pick the story up
Never know, they pick up all kinds of local stuff!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Originally posted by etombo

I do not know you but I like you already. I listened to your audio on that video clip and I want to say one thing. While morning glory seeds are more potent that psilocybin in creating auditory hallucinations they are dangerous because they cause depression that can ultimately lead to suicide. Be careful!

Funny.... seeing as how you said you like me though, I'll roll with the punches.

Seriously though, Jennybee really makes a good point. It is hard to explain the reaction I have to the sound, it is almost like a primal instinct to fear it. I've lived in this valley for over 20 yrs and the last couple of years it started up, with the past six months being almost constant. It was only as loud as the OPs post once and I was unable to get it recorded that day. As I said, I know it is faint and hard to hear it on my recording, but sounds just like the OP's. To me, it seems to come from the ground and bounce off the sky....I can feel it reverberating in my body more than I can hear it.

You know what I hear? I hear noises that sound a lot like some of the underground audio recording I've heard of EQ's.
I had the same reaction to those as I did with the OP's and your post, CREEPED OUT. I can't say why, but the hairs on my neck stood up, still are.
Thanks for posting this OP, and thanks to you also WC .

link   
WHY CAN I NOT HEAR IT!!!!! I heard the one on the OP and it was spooky but the second one I was unable to hear it!

link   
Also...the swooshing sound - is that part of it...or is that you or something else you can identify?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

If you skim through the posts on my rumbling thread (in my sig line) some other members did GREAT jobs of isolating the sound from multiple recordings I made and even breaking it down and running it through sound analysis/spectrums. Puterman isolated the hrtz it was at (I think 50) which is why it is so hard to record. I think some people just can't hear it period, while for others it is very obvious because of our sensitvity. I am VERY sensitive to sound...not that my hearing is that great, but I hear at low freq. Years ago I went through a period of several months in a new home of being driven crazy by a pulsing sound/vibration. No one else could hear it. Turns out it was a train idoling on a transfer station down the hill from our house. On cold nights, the sound would cary. The sound in the OPs and my recording is different than this though...hard to explain. I have always felt that its geological in nature...I explore that more in my Washington State thread. That it is being heard in multiple areas around the world....I think it is a symptom of something very, very big.
edit on 12-7-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

ETA: Sorry, I just realized my rumbling thread sig is almost unusable. (getting a bit crowded
) It is the last one on the bottom right.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by sickofitall2012

If you skim through the posts on my rumbling thread (in my sig line) some other members did GREAT jobs of isolating the sound from multiple recordings I made and even breaking it down and running it through sound analysis/spectrums. Puterman isolated the hrtz it was at (I think 50) which is why it is so hard to record. I think some people just can't hear it period, while for others it is very obvious because of our sensitvity. I am VERY sensitive to sound...not that my hearing is that great, but I hear at low freq. Years ago I went through a period of several months in a new home of being driven crazy by a pulsing sound/vibration. No one else could hear it. Turns out it was a train idoling on a transfer station down the hill from our house. On cold nights, the sound would cary. The sound in the OPs and my recording is different than this though...hard to explain. I have always felt that its geological in nature...I explore that more in my Washington State thread. That it is being heard in multiple areas around the world....I think it is a symptom of something very, very big.

I can feel it in my chest. Low FQ's make me feel like it's messing with my bodies' natural FQ, almost like it could actually cause an arrhythmia.
I remember when someone posted a hearing test on here. I could feel low FQ's more than I could hear them. I agree, feels like something is really going on down there, something big.
edit on 12-7-2011 by sickofitall2012 because: add

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I've heard the sound while spending the night out at Stone Mountain here in GA.

I'm not one who gets scared easily, and I'm especially not afraid of loud sounds. However this sound seemed to go deeper than my ears and it make me shiver HARD. No joke I was just in fear for a full 11-12 minutes. It occurred at about 6:40pm. I honestly never want to hear it again. Though it slightly resembles thunder, thunder doesn't shake my core like that.

*don't judge me*

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
there are 4 sets of tones in this video

1. wave hum

2. air gust in a pattern

3. Electricity scrapes

4. A low steady tone

and yes a rooster and a cat in the background.
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
These posts have been popping up for some time now. These all are very interesting and unexplained events that have been taking place.
Logically I have no idea but my conspiracy side is screaming HAARP.. lol juss sayin.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I would rule out underground base. They are extremely shielded from everything and, even sound. I do hear an electricity sound thoe. It does sound like its in the sky. It could possibly be an echo of something or maybe Haarp. If i knew your location it would be easier to rule things out. But i suggest not to mention your location for safety and privacy breaches.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
One post has called earthquakes and this is how I understand it. In Southampton UK there has been a low frequency rumble disturbing residents for years . It is sometimes put down to the geothermal plant which takes advantage of the locally available heat source underground (the crust being thin) heating the fresh water aquifer below. All the plant does is draw the water up and distribute to a piped radiator network throughout the civic and other buildings in the city. The actual plant is tiny ; housing just a large pump and a pipe down effectively.
The point is that these sounds may have a geological origin , which is therefore unaccountable to human activity , or human hearing . Geothermal Power In the UK (wiki)

what you re experiencing is potentially siesmic movement occuring deep underground . It could be mixing of layers (as in geothermal mixing/boiling/pressure shift) or God knows what : we havent got eyes to see it happening . But we have ears .
An experiment you could perform when it happens again , is to put down a glass of water and watch the top. Surface tension and it's stillness (or not) is a good indicator of local activity underground , deep frequencies travelling long distances through water etc. Be sure to perform the controls however : isolate from wind , dont stamp around near it etc.
Put it on or into bare compactedd earth.

Velikovsky wrote some brilliant books. He describes how this and other geologically produced 'earth' sounds have been experienced before, many times. Roaring is known to accompany earthquakes but there is also a sound slightly higher pitched , a trumpet- like wail. If his theory ( about the visit of a comet every 3500 years which causes many catastrophic effects ) is correct and is correctly linked with incoming comet Elenin , then we may be looking at an overall official cause for this noise you recorded . The dense mass within the comets nucleus carries a gravitational influence ; enough to cause 10 000 mile wide storms on saturn but enough to change the axial tilt of earth as it passes too . Linked on this thread :A warning from Inuit People : Sun Wrong Stars Wrong , Earth tilting on axis !
Noises like this may become more common then , but no less scary .

Also check out the similar sound of Etna erupting this week on this thread :
Mount Etna Eruption closes airports and 'knocks clocks 15 minutes fast'
or this less recent

edit on 12-7-2011 by ZIPMATT because: add vid ,

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hey Stealthy Kat! Thanks for capturing and posting this for us. Fascinating! I heard birds in the background and did you happen to notice how the birds were reacting to this noise? Did the birds or any animals around seem affected by the sounds? Just asking this as sometimes nature can be a good indicator of events. Have never heard this sound in South Australia and seems to be only occurring in UK and USA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join