It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Finally, I was able to capture the weird sound in the sky. I used my camera, so it's not the best, but you can hear it. At 2:50, it's a truck going by, but other than that, there was no other traffic and it was perfectly quiet except for this sound....no thunder, no planes, it lasted non stop for an hour at least. If you use headphones, you can hear it better. The last time I heard it, it was very loud, and this time it wasn't quite as loud. It almost sounds like electrical surges with banging noises in the background.... I am still hoping to catch it when it's really loud and have camera ready! As soon as I catch another, I'll post it...... Oh...and no construction around. I'm out in the middle of nowhere when recording it. I hate to post and run, but I have to leave for work, but I'll check back first thing in the morning....the funny sound at the end is just my camera running out of batteries!

edit on July 13th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (MOD NOTE: added 2nd video for OP)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
nice video ... was there any change in air pressure ? and where at are you ?
again nice video

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the recording S&F. That's pretty weird stuff, kinda sounded like a really loud steady version of one of these (not when he swings it really fast tho) at certain times:

edit on 11-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

P.S: I had the volume up pretty loud, and that rooster scared the crap out of me more than once.

edit on 11-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I thought I was hearing the humming/rumbling sound as well. Took me a while to figure it out but finally tracked it down to a train in the distance.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It almost sounds like a giant vacuum cleaner at times. That is mucho weird, but it does sound like a deep version of sounds I've heard near a hydroelectric dam before.

Whatever it is, it's got to be some kind of machinery from the sound.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You most likely live near an private underground military base.

Could extend for miles.

Literally could be an underground train.

Not sure though. As a person who has been following this phenomenon on ATS for quite a while, I am convinced that the military has a hand in this. The sounds are far too steady paced to be something natural.

Could you describe the sound more please though? Quality was iffy - great video nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You are right, it does sound like some kinda of electrical noise. And the fact that it went on for an hour is strange! I have no idea what this could be but it doesn't sound naturally occurring to me! Great post. I will keep looking back to see if anyone has a professional opinion on what that noise could be.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
All the vids I've heard so far sound like one of these....

Road resurfacing : asphalt scraper

They sound terrifying if you're nearby while they're scraping.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You forgot to mention the rooster in the beginning of the video.

It sure does sound weird indeed, hope you'll find more people who heard it and can find out what it is.

GM

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That was interesting, if possible put up a warning about the rooster
If you record anymore of this could you shut that pump off thats running in the background? If thats not possible could you relocate away from it? I say that because it would really make those sounds clearer, the electrical sound at the end seems new.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah that's the sound I heard about 3 months ago. That's not a very good recording but good job OP I can make out the sound, I think it kind of sounds like this: www.youtube.com... but incredibly deep and over whelming in real life my daughter was freaking out and almost crying and my heart was beating out of my chest lol. Thanks star and flag

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelionPrime
All the vids I've heard so far sound like one of these....

Road resurfacing : asphalt scraper

They sound terrifying if you're nearby while they're scraping.

Saturday, I heard this unusual noise from my house. I was able to discern that it came from basically one direction. I eventually realized that it was from exactly as you suggest, one of those road-grinder machines that grinds down asphalt roads to smooth and level them. They have been doing this over the last weekend and today in my area. Believe me, I would be the first to claim it was something more exotic if I didn't know for a fact that the road repair was in progress in my area.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I remember reading about these noises, or bangs or whatever you want to call them, while reading on earthfiles.com

One explanation that came was the distance sound can travel. I don't know if the video was shot today?(11th july) but if it was, up north here near Ottawa we had a fairly big thunderstorm at around 5-6pm Eastern Time.

Back to the OP, that's really really weird and I believe you are not the only one hearing sounds like these around the world.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Are there any farmed crops nearby? Here where I live I hear that "jet engine" sound pretty much all the time and I see where it is coming from. The unit is called an Airblast Sprayer and it actually looks like a jet engine on wheels (although it is not), it sounds just like a jet upon lift-off and is full-throttled.

The Airblast Sprayer is a delivery system for pesticides. I tried to find a Youtube with the sounds but most are like mini-commercials for the promotion of the units and they do not let the viewer hear the full effects these machines make.

Mostly here they are used for pecan orchards because the trees are so big and tall, conventional delivery by small aircraft can be a bit expensive so most farmers are switching now to these new delivery systems. They can really sound loud and carry across quite a distance.

There is a good chance you have taller tree crops of some sort nearby. Can you verify this?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Have heard something similar, this last weekend in fact,.
It is hard to pin point but it kinda sounded like a giant steel tumbler,.
It would get quiet and louder,. but that could of been due to the breeze,.
We have some industry in the area so it could have been anything,
I thought you were clearing yer throat at first
then I knew it was the rooster

edit on 11-7-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Skynet has become self aware in your neighborhood. You mentioned the construction. Was this happening before the construction started? Also are you near any highways or interstates? I can hear the electrical noise people are mentioning however to me it sounds more mechanical. The person who mentioned an underground train I think was on the right path, however, if the construction was sub terrianian it could possible make the same noise?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Hey Stealthycat! I think you saw my rumbling thread...but your recording is much better than mine and sounds exactly like what I have been hearing here. The following is the best one I have, even though it is much fainter, I think you can still tell it is similar. As with yours, headphones make it much better, as I think the tones are in the very low hrtz range:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I do not know you but I like you already. I listened to your audio on that video clip and I want to say one thing. While morning glory seeds are more potent that psilocybin in creating auditory hallucinations they are dangerous because they cause depression that can ultimately lead to suicide. Be careful!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Wow - great catch - I've heard some of the others from around the world, and I don't like them! These sounds really bother me - you seem to deal with this in a much calmer way than I think I would if this was happening in my yard. I think I would be running around frantically and throwing things arbitrarily into the air. I'm not sure why they scare me so badly - I guess because those are some freaky noises with no apparent source. And the sounds are so strange in general - it's unnerving just hearing them. It almost sounds like when a record is finished playing, and the arm hasn't reset yet.
And the rooster got me too - probably worse than it normally would have because I was nervous just listening to this - that'll be a good reminder to always look down at the other replies first!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All jokes aside it really sounds like a semi-truck engine breaking.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join