It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking The Plank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The Sky is white hot, rippling with heat mirages, hazy, and shimmering in the distance. A few wispy clouds dare to float in the arid atmosphere. The rest hide below the horizon, too lazy to drift on the stifling breeze. The Sun glares down, merciless, and cruel. Its rays visible in the almost motionless day.

My skin is on fire, slick, and glistening in the sultry air. A bead of sweat trickles slowly down my spine. A cold chill soon follows, trailing the same path. A false cool memory soon forgotten in the smoldering heat.

The air sears my tortured lungs, leaving me gasping for each agonizing breath.
Wilted, and weak, my legs unwilling, each of my steps, forced, and quivering toward the plank, the end is in sight. The board gives slightly under my feet. Its baked surface stinging my feet.

I suck in one last precious breath, and step into nothingness. My body slices through the air in a quicksilver streak. Last thoughts chase each other thru my mind, crucial, and meaningless at the same time.

Suddenly, plunged breathless into a soothing , icy cocoon. Bubbles tickle my shocked body, my limp form absorbing the frigid impact. Relief surges through out my body, cool tendrils flow through my veins.

At last I buoy upward spraying water from my hair as I break the surface. Moisture drips from my face, as I finally open my eyes.

Is this Heaven? Yes, I see my floaty!

This is very everyone suffering in this heat wave.
Stay cool, stay safe, and please check on your elderly neighbors and pets!

bloodnoir
edit on 11-7-2011 by bloodnoir because: forgot our furry friends

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Avast matey I thought here be pirates !
Should have walked into the shallow end first..but you took the plunge.
Grease up with suntan lotion and get into the shade..You have been in the sun too long .

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Aye, Aye Captain, As soon as I hoist me colours!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have been noticing an oddity on my Weather Channel. Like, today they said 83 degrees, but -next- to that, "heat index 91", so how can it be in the '80's annnnd '90's? I could tell it was dangerously hot, by how I need my AC on all day and night, and coldest mode.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I think it is the real-time temperature,+ humidity percentage. What it ends up as is the Feels Like Temperature. All I know is, Its hot

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The heat down here in South Texas is brutal
you turn up the A/C and up goes the light bill
We ste the temp at 80 and run a couple of fans..keeps it bearable

top topics

join