It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think God is crazy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh you are very silly, Person Above Me. Cthulu was not spoken of by Spandex Duck; therefore it is impossible for Cthulu to retain any truth.

Isn't my God great? It's unbelievable.

Absolutely unbelievable.

But seriously

I think the God of the Bible is definitely a primitive and strange fellow, no matter how much anectdotal and subjective evidence you say to justify the wrongdoings.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
My body is completely fornicated up by CRPS. The Human body has some serious design flaws in general if you ask me (knees are such a crappy bit of engineering!). If I were a Christian I'd be in church every sunday asking for a refund.

Also, as Eddie Izzard says in "Stripped": If there was a god then why didn't he flick Hitler's head off? Can't interfere? Then what effing use is He?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
My body is completely fornicated up by CRPS. The Human body has some serious design flaws in general if you ask me (knees are such a crappy bit of engineering!). If I were a Christian I'd be in church every sunday asking for a refund.

Also, as Eddie Izzard says in "Stripped": If there was a god then why didn't he flick Hitler's head off? Can't interfere? Then what effing use is He?

I agree with you. Eddie Izzard is the guy who played the Hyrax in The Wild, lol. What a nut (in a good way). I didn't know he was an atheist

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Believe in God.

Don't believe in God.

Believe in a crazy God ?

Seems you're the founder of a new religion ?

edit on 11-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

These perspectives have been around for 2.000+ years. As when Jesus quite early (the first few centuries) was called the 'deceiver Messiah' by the autonomous religion considering John the baptizer the real messiah.

Nothing newly founded here.
edit on 12-7-2011 by bogomil because: grammar

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
After reading the disrespectful posts above, its amazing that anyone still wonders why many people of faith feel that they are in/ close to the End of Days...........Whether you believe in God or not.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Nothing newly founded here.

I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
the Bible is crazy.

Agree

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I like the way Richard Dawkins puts it:

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
How can something or someone be called crazy if it dont exist only the idiots that believe in such can be considered crazy!! So if all peoples who believe in God and in other religious doctrines are all crazy then hey presto thats why mankind is hell bent on the destruction of self and fellow man. If your fundamental premise about mankind is based on crazy beliefs then all that follows will be irrational, inappropriate and down right impossible to reconcile thus manipulative control and conflict will rule and mankind will remain in the dark and uncivilised! Cast of the shackles of religious doctrine that prevent progress, understanding and encourage true and free realistic speach and thinking thats based on what we know to be fact and man may then have a chance to evolve to level beyond fantasy, fiction, destruction and endless conflict!!

Im not hopeful because you cant teach people to stop behaving like sheep they have to get there on their own!! Dont hold your breath!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I think you have made a mistake here, the Bible has been corrupted and even Christian scholars admit to that. That man made corruption is the crazy part, so men are crazy. Are all men crazy? No, but some are, and they did inject their own sick thoughts in the Bible.

The Bible does contain GOD's message in it, but you have to look right through the corruption to see it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Haha. Awesome thread dude. Though I'm sure every single one of those points will be challenged with ridiculous explanations and half-ass theories for why God it, or why the bible is actually wrong in that part.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

if you think that following the teachings of christ leads to anarchy, then your not reading it right. if you think reigion is being shoved down your throat and you hate it, just wait. There is something coming to overthrow your govt and change it to a caliphate. right now you have a choice, but in just a few years, you will convert, or they will kill you!www.sharia4america.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RoguePhilosopher

read up brother! you choose to bash a pacifist religion and talk about the ancient past like it personally ruined your life. look up sharia law, or sharia4america, or sharia4belgum, or sharia4uk, or sharia4australia. you want to be upset about someone forcing you to believe in something, this is coming! the avg american family has 1.7 children, muslims have 8 kids. do the math. the earth will be majority muslim in a caliphate world govt in 20 years! at that point you wont worry about in god we trust on your money! p.s. this was prophecised in the bible.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's been talked about a million times on here, but there are a lot of people that believe the OT God and the NT God are not the same.

Something about the OT God being a evil wind spirit or something.

Anyway. Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON DUDES!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My advice to you is to pick up a subject or two at a college and study theology. You might benefit from some more insightful, academic readings of the bible rather than relying on those from your childhood. I'm sorry you are raging against your upbringing but, whilst I respect your opinion on your take of the Bible, you may want to inject some rigour via more learned opinions.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This has led me to think that the being written about in the Bible is crazy. I think God is crazy.

To bad you got this from other websites. If you would have read the Bible closer you'd figure out why God does what He does.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
I don't know if its just me, but I was raised in a Christian home and I have read through the Bible and did all the VBS's, camps, and big events like Promise Keepers, and now I find myself disgusted with Christianity and more recently, the Bible in particular. This has led me to think that the being written about in the Bible is crazy. I think God is crazy.

Are you familiar with the Ontological Argument? It's a philosophical argument that in broad terms says that if it's possible for us to imagine a perfect God "than which nothing greater can be thought", that He must therefore exist. I believed in God long before I ever picked up a Bible, and I was not raised in a Christian household. In everything around me I saw intelligent design. I sought out that creator and I found Him. I think your mistake is that you think He can be found in and defined by the Bible, but He does not reside there. Your Bible search has led you to the conclusion that "God is crazy", yet as the Ontological Argument clearly shows, if God exists He cannot be crazy, because by His very nature He is that which nothing greater can be thought. Your conclusion should instead be that the Bible has issues, because it does not represent a pure and perfect God. The problem with the Bible and all other documents of this nature is that they are written by people who are trying to describe the indescribable. Imagine a being that created everything, has existed an infinite length of time, is everywhere at once, exists out of time, etc. We do not have the capacity to understand this. God is beyond our understanding. In my opinion this is why every single believer had a different opinion of who/ what God is and a different interpretation of what has been written about Him. It's because we're trying to paint Him into a box that we can understand rather than accepting that He is beyond our understanding. I wish you the best on your journey and hope you don't end it because of the dead end you found in the indoctrination you were put through.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Birth of Religion
We used to think agriculture gave rise to cities and later to writing, art, and religion. Now the world’s oldest temple suggests the urge to worship sparked civilization.

I think we should be less critical and more in awe of the rise of civilization and the role that spirituality played,

Göbekli Tepe, to Schmidt's way of thinking, suggests a reversal of that scenario: The construction of a massive temple by a group of foragers is evidence that organized religion could have come before the rise of agriculture and other aspects of civilization. It suggests that the human impulse to gather for sacred rituals arose as humans shifted from seeing themselves as part of the natural world to seeking mastery over it.

French archaeologist Jacques Cauvin believed this change in consciousness was a "revolution of symbols," a conceptual shift that allowed humans to imagine gods—supernatural beings resembling humans—that existed in a universe beyond the physical world. Schmidt sees Göbekli Tepe as evidence for Cauvin's theory. "The animals were guardians to the spirit world," he says. "The reliefs on the T-shaped pillars illustrate that other world."

In Genesis man was kicked out of the garden and the punishment was he became a tiller of soil,

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

I found it interesting that they continued to build on the site, but it never was as spectacular the first

one part of humankind turned its back on foraging and embraced agriculture.

Puzzle piled upon puzzle as the excavation continued. For reasons yet unknown, the rings at Göbekli Tepe seem to have regularly lost their power, or at least their charm. Every few decades people buried the pillars and put up new stones—a second, smaller ring, inside the first. Sometimes, later, they installed a third. Then the whole assemblage would be filled in with debris, and an entirely new circle created nearby. The site may have been built, filled in, and built again for centuries.

Bewilderingly, the people at Göbekli Tepe got steadily worse at temple building. The earliest rings are the biggest and most sophisticated, technically and artistically. As time went by, the pillars became smaller, simpler, and were mounted with less and less care. Finally the effort seems to have petered out altogether by 8200 B.C. Göbekli Tepe was all fall and no rise.

ngm.nationalgeographic.com...

Who were the gods,

and why did they disappear?

What did ancient man know or have contact with that we no longer have?

The construction of a massive temple by a group of foragers?
and as time went by they became worse at building the temples?

edit on 103131p://bTuesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harro
My advice to you is to pick up a subject or two at a college and study theology. You might benefit from some more insightful, academic readings of the bible rather than relying on those from your childhood. I'm sorry you are raging against your upbringing but, whilst I respect your opinion on your take of the Bible, you may want to inject some rigour via more learned opinions.

I was thinking the same thing this morning, research biblical archeology and read some books by Minimalists and. Maximalists.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is an irrefutable fact of an ultimate reality that I am about to present to you all. Don't take this with a grain of salt, but listen closely, understand, and consider the implications.

The ultimate and the absolute is as follows:
Infinity and Nothing

If infinity were something it would be finite, therefore infinity is nothing. Whatever you say about infinity, you can say about nothing. We all come from nothing. That is scary for most people so they try to make up a way out and call it religion. Fortunately, you don't have to make up anything anymore. Nothing isn't just nothing, but nothing is a paradox that is infinity/nothing. That is God.

God isn't crazy, he's just unstable. God appears contradictory in the Bible, and that's exactly what he is. But it is what it is. You can either destroy your way to nothingness, or discover and love your way to infinity. Either way, you will be headed to the same place. It's just a matter of perception.

Read my signature and some of my other recent threads. I offer absolute and ultimate knowledge about the nature of all that is and all that isn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join