It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism, Evolution, Education--and Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

How much does politics affect teaching evolution? How is the "fairness" argument exploited to undermine evolution education? Genie Scott explores these and other antievolution strategies in a recent speech before the Americans United for Separation of Church and State. Where: Scottsdale, AZ. When: 4/17/2011

Above is the description from the Youtube video

Ive just seen this on one of my subscriptions and after watching 10 minutes of it thought it was well worthy of a thread.

This charming lady explains some of the basic mistakes made by people about evolution....monkey to man etc.

Ive not watched much, its a fairly long video....but well worth a watch i think

Mods - I didnt know where to post this....feel free to move if its in the wrong section

Back to the video

P.s - I SEARCHED haha...no seriously i actually did....and this HASN'T been posted before
Well worth doing peeps

edit on 11-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: to remove text about embedding with a funny id...but it worked just fine

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Several of the Republican candidates in the United States said that they do not believe in Evolution... I keep wondering if that's what they really believe or if they are just saying that because they know a lot of their voters are religious and anti-evolution.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Politicians only say what their constituents want to hear, in my opinion.
edit on 19-7-2011 by addygrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Several of the Republican candidates in the United States said that they do not believe in Evolution... I keep wondering if that's what they really believe or if they are just saying that because they know a lot of their voters are religious and anti-evolution.

The question to pose to the constituents is; if you refute evolution and must only accept a religious explanation, would you be willing to accept Islam's creation story, or perhaps Hinduism?

top topics

join