It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Wacky World of Physics: Parallel Universes, Bye Bye Heisenberg and Gov Conspiracies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Well it's a passing thing I heard about and decided to post...as I stated into the introduction, this is not all fact...these are concepts that are possible

reply to post by SaturnFX

Haii. If I'm trying to understand what you're saying, I think I didn't write clearly that these are all different possible ideas. Not just one? Or maybe I'm getting the wrong jist.

Anyway, yeah gravitational force does weaken due to the extra dimensions in my opinion. Okay I didn't understand what you wrote in the first post haha (I'm sorry)....it may go deeper into strings and such that make the contradictory possible. Ahh if a particle is next to each other, yes the laws are the same yet the environment is different therefore it appears different. Does that make sense or am I not conveying it right? I'm really bad at this ha.

I wonder how the other universes have a connection for info to be transferred to them? Well, entanglement of course but maybe that is limited to within our own universe? If not, that has a big implications.

Oh you pose some interesting concepts...wow. Just wow. And hey, energy can indeed in some respect fill in the idea of a 'God' if we tried to get all philosophical!?

You're gonna have to make me think about this fascinating theories....gahh, my brain is buzzling and dieing right now. Too much information to query over! Thank you though
It's really appreciated! If I get any ideas or find anything, I'll get back to you!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi
Me again

I wanted to address this one sentence:

Stories began circulating in the 80s where Preston Nichols spoke out that he had remembered some memories that had been suppressed (so now there's a mindwiper now as well!?).

Fact: There is a mindwiper now
not just that, they can also implant memorys

I did a popsci thread on this a little while back to bring attention that it is now being introduced into the public domain here:
Brain implants and "smart chips" one step closer to reality
Ultimately they need a chip first, then they can add and remove memorys to their pleasure (in mice)...this is public domain now...makes you wonder how advanced the private domain is in comparison

Missing time anyone?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
incredible interesting thread! sorry to say i just finished a long day work so i have not yet read all of it, so far everything seems very interesting, especially the article about teleporting to mars.

May i add my own philosophy on this? Personally i believe we create our own universe, but only as big as we think it is. We (as persons) seperate ways all the time. It's as simple as making choices.

For example, it's a fact that there's a possibility you never got in contact with ATS and never got to write this thread so i would never write this reply. If that happened you seperated from this universe at that moment. And with 'this universe' i merely mean my own universe based upon the choices i made.

Another example is wether to press the 'reply' button or not. Either way i stay in my 'own' universe but i might also come in contact with yours (and others). In 10 years time, what would both choices lead to?

I think that process of 'seperating' happens every split-second thus creating infinitely timelines. (id rather call them timelines even though universe might mean the same)

there is much more brainpain i can come up with but it's probably not ontopic..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Awesome thread OP, took me an age to read but it was worth it! Besides, in a parallel universe I probably read it a lot quicker

S+F! I think i'll be re-reading it when I've had a decent night's sleep

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This indicates the idea that NO MATTER wherever you are on this little diagram, through various geometric transitions, no matter which manifold in the triangle, you can always trickle down to the manifold at the tip.

its all really very simple.

“No matter where you go - there you are”

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ooh, thank you...I shall be digesting that thread now

That's pretty scary stuff Saturn...

reply to post by Reignite

Yep, I've heard of that. Our choices each spring up a parallel universe. I don't know how much I believe in that. I mean, I don't think the universes are based upon humans...it could be generally. Meh, too many theories to contemplate!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Great work BP, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one out there reading into all of this stuff.

I don't know how you have the patience to sit down and type all of it up into a thread like this, must have taken you a good amount of time - you should probably write some books.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Johnny Mnemonic anyone?

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

Yep, I've heard of that. Our choices each spring up a parallel universe. I don't know how much I believe in that. I mean, I don't think the universes are based upon humans...it could be generally. Meh, too many theories to contemplate!

Sorry I just don't buy this whole parallel universe idea. I think each decision just changes reality and once that decision is made there is no turning back. Alternate possible realities do not equal parallel universes.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yet another amusing and thought provoking thread, well done.Lots of info here.
I am still on the fence re; string theory, but i can see it solves a lot of problems, and i believe there are at least 6
dimensions

Some of these ideas are highly speculative & i daresay we will have a plethora of 'experts' here shortly to tell us it's all dreams.
But what dreams they are!
And the ability to imagine is what makes us Human (i was going to say 'intelligent' but there is no proof of that)
One thing stands out for me at least, is this symmetry thing, it is remarkably similar to Bearden's hypothesis, and also explains the idea of 'virtual' particles becoming 'real' ones, literally popping into & out of existence (seen from our universe).
Either way, it means there are humungous amounts of energy flowing.....
Seen in this light
teleportation of actual matter is not necessary, you only need to transmit the information pertinent to the matter, i.e. a football made of red plastic.
You then 'scan', dissasemble, whatever & send the info 'red plastic football' to the reciever, which will then assemble the matter in the required form. Simple, really.
This also overcomes Heisenberg because you are only sending information, which according to above theories, can happen instantly & is not bound to the laws of 'particle physics'
I'm going to work on my teleport machine right now, must remember to fit a fly-screen

Also, i must remember to clone myself, just in case anything happens........

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Ofcourse. but, YOU are a human
You make (the) choices.

My definition of 'universe' is a collection of feelings, memories and thoughts based on experience (maybe also inheritance). Let's call the collections ingredients and the universe shape. If, ten years ago i made most of my choices (up until now) a little bit different and still came out here replying to your thread, then my shape would be a whole lot different!

I just don't like viewing paralel universes as 'different' things or material in existence. I think it's just the same thing with a different flavour..

sorry if i am confusing
edit on 12/7/11 by Reignite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

Sorry I just don't buy this whole parallel universe idea. I think each decision just changes reality and once that decision is made there is no turning back. Alternate possible realities do not equal parallel universes.

That may be true except for the double slit experiment where when observed, the electron changes it's behavior. When a decision is contemplated two separate realities exist at the same time. You enter one, and another you in another parallel universe enters yours. But for you, one universe no longer exists as you enter your new reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

do you mean there is only one reality? why doesn't reality equal universe?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I lost a few days once, i was on a whiskey diet....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by playswithmachines

Hey you...make a clone for me too

Oh I understand! Yep, that's pretty interesting actually.

reply to post by Fromabove

Appaz, it changes its behaviour because a wave function collapses and boosting the other one?
edit on 12-7-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Funny thing is I traveled to mars a few weeks ago in an out of body state.I found mars to be populated mainly by children.The place I was at was like a big fair ground sourounding a huge green lake.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Can only agree with fellow posters...Your threads gotta be among the most interesting on ATS. I don't really believe in psychic abilities like telepathy, teleportation etc.etc. but your rational scientific explanations beforehand hooks you in something fierce ^^...s&f

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Very interesting indeed. Starred and flagged...keep them coming.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Damn......Michio Kaku can skate can't he! That dude just gets cooler the more I find out about him! You never saw Carl Sagan spinning around on an ice skating rink!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Funny you should mention this, I watched a programme about parallel universes yesterday that covered most of which you have posted.

It's interesting anyway, and who knows what we'll accomplish in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join