It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build Your Own Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I came across this recently though it is dated a few years back. Thought it was a fun look at how conspiracy theories are something of a phenomenon and how the increase in online activity has reached a larger audience.

The Net is partly to blame: "One factor fueling the general growth of conspiracy beliefs is likely to be that the internet allows new theories to be quickly created, and endlessly debated by a wider audience than ever."

It goes on to show the step by step instructions on creating a conspiracy theory.

Here's his guide on how to construct a conspiracy theory that'll seize the imagination of the masses, in 4 easy steps:

1) Pick your bad guy - government, big corporations etc. Ideally also pick on some shadowy, cult-like organization which can supposedly be connected with your adversary. (I know The Da Vinci Code is fictional but, heh, Opus Dei was a good pick!)

2) Pick a major current event to base your theory on - especially an unexpected, shocking, visual event that's shared.

3) Develop your story - pick & choose your source info, construct a compelling story from it, and hey if something doesn't fit your story, reinterpret it! Sow uncertainty, query the official evidence, find new facts contradicting it.

4) Prepare your defense - be prepared to tweak your conspiracy theory around the edges should anyone point out any inconsistencies etc, but always hold to the core theory, emphasizing that it's just a question of getting the evidence to prove its truth. And if others question your theory, well they must be in on the conspiracy too, mustn't they?

Source: How to create a conspiracy theory: 4 easy steps

If you are too lazy to complete steps 1-4, then here is a very simple tool to create a conspiracy. Here is mine:

In order to understand an asteroid heading for earth you need to realize that everything is controlled by a group of Nasa made up of Mexicans with help from a Tribe in the Amazon.

The conspiracy first started during the sinking of the Titanic in Germany. They have been responsible for many events throughout history, including World War I.

Today, members of the conspiracy are everywhere. They can be identified by their trolling.

They want to beat Martin Luther King and imprison resisters in The bottom of the ocean using mountain bikes.

In order to prepare for this, we all must protest & riot. Since the media is controlled by George Bush we should get our information from Al Gore.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I have had a conspiracy theory for years that involves Slurpees and Icees.

Think about it. Slurpees and Icees have a limited window to sell their product. Mainly during the Hot and humid months.

People usually by the large size. When they put the straw into their mouth, they will suck on it, like a mosquito, until they have a brain or stomach freeze.

They will grasp their head or stomach until the feeling passes, and stick that straw right back in thier mouths. Like junkies.

However, because of the heat and humidity, the concoction will melt faster than it is ingested, leaving a nasty syrupy substance at the bottom.

At this point, the individual will waddle off and purchase another.

This usually takes place at County/Town fairs.

It's a profitable win-win for those who sell them.
edit on 11-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Did you get your free slurpee today?!

It's 7/11 ya know.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I have had a conspiracy theory for years that involves Slurpees and Icees.

Think about it. Slurpees and Icees have a limited window to sell their product. Mainly during the Hot and humis months.

People usually by the large size. When they put the straw into their mouth, they will suck on it, like a mosquito, until they have a brain or stomach freeze.

They will grasp their head or stomach until the feeling passes, and stick that straw right back in thier mouths. Like junkies.

However, because of the heat and humidity, the concoction will melt faster than it is ingested, leaving a nasty syrupy substance at the bottom.

At this point, the individual will waddle off and purchase another.

This usually takes place at County/Town fairs.

It's a profitable win-win for those who sell them.
edit on 11-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

I'll add: "Yeah and mysterious unexplained radio towers are emerging every where to collect this generated "brain freeze energy" as your brain screams out from the stabbing pain. The resonant flavor frequency seems to be "pina-colada" or the"blue flavor"...
What flavor is "blue"?

lol. No offense meant to recent satelites are cooking my brain withuh.. er...you know : "FREQUENCIES" posters...

edit on 11-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Good catch!

I didn't even realize that.

But now that I'm retired, I don't pay much attention to time. You would not believe how liberating it is. I don't even realize it's my birthday anymore until family calls to wish me a Happy birthday.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This explains 99.9% of the content and posts on this forum. It all makes sense now.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

In my Best Homer Simpson.

MMMMmmmm....BLuuuuuue. Auullgh.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Are u really meant to get free slurpee on 7/11?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
this would come in handy for someone that actually has a good theory/conspiracy, but not so much for the nuts that post just complete lunatic non sense..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Are u really meant to get free slurpee on 7/11?

Yup.

top topics

join