It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we support this? Hating COPS - Chinas victory of America- The ANONYMOUS heroes- rooting for c

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
EDIT: disclaimer- I am not saying this to bunch people into judgemental baskets, this is an informal, highly generalized rant that although is opened to interpretation and argumentation on many points, should be taken as a plea from me to those who support these things I am ranting about, I am not looking to pick fights with those who DONT feel they fall into these categories.

Hey ATS I am a pretty recent member, appreciate staying under the radar and most often refrain from talking politics and speculating about aliens. But- I am a little afraid of the state of mind that is purcolating through this forum, there is a disease that I want to bring a little closer to the surface.

1: Hating Cops
Every day I am on ATS I read on average 2 or 3 different threads regarding the blatant abuse of authority by American Police officers from major cities to mountain towns, from a local to federal level. I am a Canadian, and was present but not participating in the g20 protests last year. I saw many close friends either abused physically or arrested and detained in terrible conditions. My blood sincearly boils when I read these stories.....

RANT: People are people, some are good people, some are bad, we are all victim to selfish desires. It looks as though the more we hate the police, the more they will hate us, this attitude will never lead to peace. Just as a police might be made a pawn through the tactics of fear, if we act out in hate towards them we are no better. So I think it would help to brainstorm a campaign to educate police officers on the systems that are in place above them that are turning them against their own familes and fellow citizens.

2: Chinas Victory
A pretty new sensationalized topic seems to be the China issue, a few threads about their millitary capacity, and potential to take over the west (or just America). I will be honest I dont have the knowledge to back up that this is true or not, but often what is used as proof on here is highly speculative and impossible to verify.....

RANT: I think we have a lot more in common with the people of china, than we might think, and I am against creating an US and THEM scenario when we think about the success or demise of that nation. We should root for the people who are suffering regardless whose nation they belong to, its obvious the American government and the Chinese government are allies against us, we ALWAYS get the short end of the stick so I suggest we stop spreading any hate towards that nation, and focus on the LEADERS. If we are afraid of Coporations taking their business out of North America, than North Americans need to stop buying from China.

3: Anonymous as a Hero
This seems pretty simple to me, I dont feel it is just to support any organization that breaks laws, even if their intentions are good. Many make mention that it is CIA or MOSSAD...I believe it goes higher than that, and I think it is obvious that this is an new tactic to take away our freedoms, to spy on us, and to find a simpler means to start more wars....

RANT: If you dont like monsanto, do some research and stop buying their products, if it is difficult financially, re-assess your spending. No one should root for illegal activity in the name of revolution.

4: Rooting for Collapse
Maybe there has been an influx of teenagers, I dont know, but lets stop hoping the world is going to collapse! If there was just the YU55 story which seems a legitimate concern (at least to the power grid/infrastructure) I would not be bringing this up. I am finding all too often an overwhelming attitude of hope for the world to meet some calamity, I dont know why for certain but I have said in the past that many people appreciate the position of being a victim, and would express their hope for change in this way rather than just getting up and changing their life today.

RANT: There is nothing foolish about preparation though, and for those who have taken the time to post the worst and best case scenarios and how to prepare, cudos, I hope I can soon pick up and settle myself somewhat off the grid myself, without waiting for the world to fall so I have the balls to do it, chances are if I wait that long, I wont make it anyhow.

to finish, I wanted to just hammer it home that it seems like a new phase is in the works from the top down to divide us from eachother, split nations from nations and split the police against the citizens they are there to protect. We are being played, even in he case of Anonymous we are all being played, if we support anything hateful or unlawful, it will be used against us. So lets love and try to change ourselves, stay positive!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. Gandhi
edit on 11-7-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You're probably right. Maybe we're all just getting caught up in the drama because we believe we want some kind of revolution like the one in Egypt. Maybe we are unconsciously creating scenarios that give a right to begin a revolution. It makes things interesting in an otherwise dull life for most people.

I believe everyone is feeling a desire for change and putting pressure on that issue to bring a positive change about. Everything is happening for a reason. We all want a government and economic system that works for the benefit of everyone and not just the elite few. That's what this is all about. Reformation.

Like you said, we might be going about it in the wrong way. You can't change the world into something positive, you can only change yourself and hope that you are setting a good example.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I pretty much agree with you on almost all that you said. People get hyped up in the midst of something and think everything is crazy and it's all a conspiracy, and it's all doom and gloom. I think there are more than a few people who need a break here, some fresh air (oh no the radiation!) or something. But it's not just here so I should broaden that statement a little bit, I think there are more than a few people in the world who need a break or something. Sure things may be hard, they may be tough, and it might look like gloom and doom, but really... It's not all bad, the sky isn't falling, and no we're not dying from a comet. It seems like people want things to be bad for some reason. Thanks for trying to bring some sense to things.

But, remember I said I agree with you on almost everything. You said,

RANT: If you dont like monsanto, do some research and stop buying their products, if it is difficult financially, re-assess your spending. No one should root for illegal activity in the name of revolution.

I'd just like to point out, often times the act of revolution in and of itself is illegal. With that in mind, it'd be logical to assume that the actions that constitute revolution are also illegal. So... If someone strongly believes in a revolution, they're bound to do something to further develop that belief into a reality.

I believe those who want a revolution are entitled to go for it, bearing in mind they'll face the consequences of what they do. If they succeed, then they've done what they've set out to do, if they don't, then they tried and failed and will have to deal with the repercussions. If a group of colonists hadn't had it in their mind to start a revolution in the late 1700's, then the United States wouldn't be the same United States we see today. Likewise with Egypt in light of their recent revolution, of course the outcome of that is still developing.

With all of that said, we'll see the results of the Anonymous operation soon enough, it'll either be successful, mediocre, or huge enough to lead to a crackdown on the internet (oh no!). Either way, someone will end up having to face a consequence, or live with the results. We'll see with that too.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Good rant my friend. Sometimes im feeling the same way about all of it. There are good. There are bad.

But i would like to know why so many here are against anon, then turn around and b*tch about not having rights and freedoms. Take everything here at face value. Are they CIA? Possible. Doubtful actually.

People make assumptions based on wrong information and color them as terrorists.. would you call your best friend a terrorist if you knew that he was with the movement as well?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
People are people, some are good people, some are bad,

People are people, this is true.
Yet you are grouping every person who is a member of this site, into a single category.

There is no 'WE' here. Each person has their own opinions and beliefs.

Personally, I would like to be removed from this list of people whom you claim to be talking about.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Sorry but the modern world is terrible. IF we do not take the opportunity in this age of information to finally throw off the shackles that have been put upon the majority of mankind by the crooks and thugs throughout history that we now think of as leaders we never will.

We have a slim chance, and a small window of opportunity (they will censor the net before long) for the meek to finally inherit the earth.

Lets take it all back from the crooks that have run it all on the backs of the people from the beginning of civilization.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

:werd: on doing it for yourself, I admit I can be doing more to change myself than sitting online filling my head with stories, and that is maybe part of the problem. but, at the same time it comes down to how much we are willing to sacrifice in order for higher goals, and educating yourself is part of the process where ATS and other outlets become very necessary. The downfall is that by learning and reading we think we are taking action, we need to actualize the views we create though these outlets by taking action in our own lives.

I think if people understood more about the effects of some of the institutions we support, they would stop not because the institutions are wrong, or immoral- but because they are ultimately killing themselves.....example-

I have wealthy family who refuses to stop shopping at walmart, or stop using monsanto products on their farms, and continues to eat meats and grains that are genetically modified....the list goes on, people dont need to be convinced they should change for the sake of others, they need to see how by living those ways they are killing themselves. That will lead to change, we just dont want to make the sacrifices.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

As i wrote that I admit I felt tension, because many people who I have great respect for broke the laws in order to change the status quo. I guess the point I was trying to make is, if we do break laws, it will be reason to take force against us, so it is all or nothing in that scenario.

when action is meant to be taken,there are higher laws that play a role, and morals go beyond the laws of men in those cases.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Dont attribute what some idiots on this board speculate about to the whole group of thinkers on this site, there is a core of good providers that shed light on many otherwise unknown topics, all of the paranoid kids and immature adults who cannot even incorporate a logical viewpoint of the world into there posts on this site do not speak at all about the members whos posts ive been reading for nearly 5 years, and for your info this isnt a recent phenomenon, it takes a little personal discernment if its worth it to you

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I dont know what to say I am "ranting" here- in massive generalities! If you are talking about being someone who is not victim to selfishness then maybe it would help for me to clarify that I believe selfishness is an inevitability of human existance, and it is not labeled good or bad, it just is.

you might appreciate where I am comming from, this article sums up my idea on selfishness
sacred "selfishness"\

Even the most self-sacrificing act of service to others is done with the thought of self. It is logical, therefore, to say that the higher selfishness, or the good of the higher Self, is the goal of life rather than service to others without thought of self.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

When you're right you're right.

Love it, Love you, great points OP.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The public, media and internet are our only way of keeping our government in check. If we stand by and ignore these injustices the world will slowly bow to governments injustice and corruptions.

There is nothing wrong with the public questioning our government officials. That's what sets a free society apart from a totalitarian system of governing. Governments cause uprisings when injustices are ignored by our own elected officials.

edit on 11-7-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

not disagreeing with you, but all talking has to bear the fruit of action.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Man, talk about a scattergun topic! LOL.

1. Cops. Bad news is GOOD news and it sells; you hardly ever hear about the good Cops (the MAJORITY of Cops) because the bad ones get all the press. You will never hear about the state trooper I saw running across I-64 to save a tortoise, or the deputies who stopped traffic here in Florida on US 27 so a momma duck and her babies could get across the highway to a lake. And we too easily forget about those who sacrificed their lives trying to do what is right, like the highway patrolman in Lake Placid who stopped a weaving car and was shot to death by the drug addict animal driving it.

2. China. The Chinese people are not to be feared, they want what everyone else wants; life, love and to be left alone. The leadership is another story. The leaders are not chosen by the people. Eleven men can do as they want without accountability or restriction and enjoy power that the old Emperors would be envious of and with no end in sight to slake their ambition. The Chinese have doubled their naval assets in the last decade alone, as the old guard makes its move against the few ancients still in power. Not a stable system.

3. Anonymous. Any idiot can call himself Anonymous and pronounce that he is spokesman for a huge cadre of folks, but it don't make it so; the proof is in the pudding. Back in the 1990's there was a big brawl about what level of encryption we the people would be "allowed" to have, with Bill Clinton's National Security apparatus assuming that the feds had the right to dictate that to us the people. That didn't work out so well for the DC crowd. Everyone from students at MIT to Po-dunk Comm. College began posting encryption algorithms in defiance. Sometimes a little revolution, by definition not a legal thing, is a healthy process.

4. Rooting for cataclysm. I am with you on this 100%. Any fool who wants that has never had much of a non-sheltered life. Things are no where near so bad as to warrant a massive societal "reboot". Us older folks generally know how fast things can go south though, so we tend to prepare for the worst as we work toward and pray for the best.

I want to take my nephew and namesake's son, who is also my namesake being my greatnephew, fishing and sailing. I want to be there when the little guy discovers the little critters on the beach that glow in the dark, and to be the one who tells him about six-hundred years of family history.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
I dont know what to say I am "ranting" here- in massive generalities!

It is quite simple. I will try again.

This is what you asked in the title.↓

Why do we support this?

You also said this↓, which I completely agree with.

People are people, some are good people, some are bad,

It is my opinion that you are using this↑ statement as a defense, while disregarding the fact that it holds true for everyone, even those who you are addressing within this OP.

There is not a collective 'WE'.

With that being said, I will now formally answer your question.

Why do we support this?
I don't.

top topics

join